1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving Traded To The Dallas Mavericks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

No they aren’t

2. bmelo

bmelo Member

Which team in the west stops Luka x Kyrie?

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Their defense is going to be bad man. Finney-Smith was their primary defender. Bad defense doesn't fly in the playoffs.

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Can you imagine if the end result of this is that we get all those very valuable picks from Brooklyn and because Kyrie goes to Dallas and blows things up we're able to trade or sign Luka at some point? That would be wild.

JayGoogle likes this.
  5. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Brooklyn is not gonna implode like yall think. I feel they will be a middle of the pack team at best which will not bode well for what we get in return for JH13

jim1961 likes this.
  6. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member

It is difficult to predict the exact impact that a single player, such as Kyrie Irving, will have on a team like the Dallas Mavericks. However, his skills as a ball-handler, scorer, and playmaker could certainly help the team improve, particularly in the offensive end of the court. Ultimately, the success of the Mavericks will depend on many factors, including the contributions of other players, team cohesion, coaching, and opposing teams, among others.

BigShasta likes this.
  7. bmelo

bmelo Member

They said the same **** about our Rockets when DAntoni came. Luka is better defender when he has stamina because of the Kyrie taking some burden, and Kyrie is actually good onball defender

8. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

"Pending physical"...is a mental exam included?

Corrosion, Easy and AroundTheWorld like this.
  9. Williamson

I think that depends on if Durant stays (and what they can get in return for Durant). He's already demanded a trade before, and I can't really imagine him sticking around on a team in which we have to debate whether Nic Claxton or Spencer Dimwiddie is the second best player.

I will say I am disappointed that this trade took place. I was hoping they wouldn't be able to put together an acceptable deal before the 9th and would be stuck losing Kyrie for nothing in the offseason. That would have been the best case scenario I think.

RoyalGuard likes this.
  10. VanityHalfBlack

the nets got one of the best benches in the league. Cam Thomas scored like 40pts last game and he barely gets any minutes.

11. VanityHalfBlack

the nets got better imo.

robbie380 likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

watch Cam Thomas break out now that Kyrie is gone. Clutchfans is going to melt down.

13. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I don't like this deal long term for either of these teams.

Finney-Smith and Dinwiddie are good role players but will eat cap. And, with Luka being only 23, I don't see the 29 pick having as much value as some would think. Luka will be at his best then and the mavs will have more time to build around him.

The mavs may have given up good depth and a pick for a rental. And, sure, they have cap space this year but there's a bunch of mediocre talent out there to overspend on. Kyrie may make them better but they're only worse at their weak point (defense) now.

The Lakers 27 and 29 picks will come when Lebron is gone or role player level and will be far better than a mavs pick.

I think they didn't trade with the Lakers out of spite because that's clearly where Kyrie wanted to go.

I could see it being briefly good for both teams before being something they both regret down the road.

14. TimDuncanDonaut

As of today Mav is #9 in OFF RTG and #24 in DEF RTG. Let's see how things progress from here.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cam Thomas >>> @Josh Christopher

BigShasta, tinman, foh and 1 other person like this.
  16. i3artow i3aller

17. LukaMVP

LukaMVP Member

mavs going to make a few more trades to strengthen their D, wood ain't dealt yet and they won't keep him till summer to let him walk free.

18. Williamson

19. Williamson

He won't get them much though. He didn't get us much.

20. jim1961

jim1961 Member