1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving Traded To The Dallas Mavericks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Feb 5, 2023.

1. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Maybe I just haven't watch this duo enough. Why are they losing? Is it just a lack of defense?

On the court (despite off the court issues), Kyrie has meshed well with other primary playmakers like Lebron and Harden.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That CP3 + Ayton for Kyrie Trade looking mighty good

Rocket River

3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Kyrie is a solo artist in a team sport. With LeBron and Harden, he was in an environment where all he had to do was paint. The team could do very well with him. Teams struggle when he's in an environment where he has to help supply the canvas, paint, and brushes.

4. foh

foh Member

He would've been better off with Durant @Brooklyn and then do a sign and trade if he had an ounce of self-awareness. Durant showed the guy respect and Nets was his brainchild, so he could feel good about himself there. At this point even with a good performance, he has a stigmata of team cancer permanently attached to his stupid ass

5. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Zero defense and shtty roster makeup. Kyrie of course will get most of the [undeserved] blame for their season going the way it is.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Pheonix is gonna be a problem next year
    I wonder if the injury bug will do the same

Rocket River

Deckard likes this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

They're still a top player destination, its just players find it hard to walk away from money. Lebron and Zion talking about then shows they are a top player destination. Like if all things equal, after Miami, LaLnand Brooklyn Knicks would already be in that 2nd tier. Certainly players will say they'd rather play in NYC than Houston.

Kyrie and KD signed with Brooklyn which is like right next to the Knicks. If Brooklyn is a top destination then so are the Knicks since they are basically in the same area.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

you’re making no sense at this point…it’s like you’re arguing just to argue

talking about a place doesn’t make it a top player destination…actually going to that place does

talk is cheap

now because KD and Kyrie chose BK instead of “top player destination” Knicks, that means the Knicks are a top player destination because the Nets are close to the Knicks…

Do u even hear what you’re saying? Read your post out loud and see how ridiculous what u are saying is.

Knicks should be a top player destination, but haven’t been up to this point…maybe players will finally want to go there now that they’re decent

I already provided facts to counteract everything u said, so at this point, there’s no need to continue

ElPigto likes this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

The facts is that the Knicks are a top player destination, thats why players like Lebron and Zion talked about going there and playing in MSG. Whens the last time a superstar talked about playing in Houston and said how historic that was?

They just arent the best player destination, but they are at the top. Knicks arent just "close" to Brooklyn, they're like what, 15 mins away? It's like literally the same location dude. Think why people flock to Brooklyn, and then see its the same reason why Knicks are a top player destination.

If you ask players if they'd rather play in MSG or Toyota Center, they'd say NYC. Thats about all there is to it.

#329 roslolian, Mar 26, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
  10. tksense

tksense Member

A former Knicks player tweeted or said in interview how he enjoys fans cheering for him and let him perform now, instead of the negative fans he had to endure in NYC. It's like two weeks ago, from an above avg role player, or Porzingis? I couldn't remember who nor find the comment now. It could've been posted here also.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Where are the Christian Wood Stanz at???

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  12. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

He plays well when on the court from what I see, or at least he gets stats. They just haven't been giving him enough minutes, which is annoying.

RudyTBag likes this.
  13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Michael Beasley at C.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

After the toxic sexual harassment front office allegations...the public legal feud between Mark Cuban and Donny Nelson...botching the Brunson situation..trading for a headcase in Kyrie..Luka not playing defense and racking up unnecessary techs...season is in freefall...they don't even get half the scorn Rockets ever got from the NBA media.

Entropy, zeeshan2, clos4life and 2 others like this.
  15. i3artow i3aller

16. RocketsDraftTV

The problem with Luka is, he wants to be a high usage one man show and will pout to management if he doesn’t get his way. He ran porzingis outta there

17. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

They have been underachieving all year and they added the worst guy in the league for team chemistry.

foh likes this.
  18. mario_v

mario_v Member

I hope luka demands a trade. Rockets have the most assets available to acquire a star. I would trade green, Jabari, sengun and all of Brooklyn’s picks for Luka if it meant we could pair him up with Wembanyama.

clos4life likes this.
  19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Yet it's the Rockets that convinced Dwight Howard to come play with us. Convinced CP3 to request a trade to Houston. Convinced Westbrook to request a trade to Houston.

Hell, we almost convinced Chris Bosh to come sign with us after LeBron moved on from the Heat. We had a chance at Jimmy Butler although we were ghosted last minute. We also had Andre Igoudalas ear until Warriors chose to overpay for him.

We may not be "top free agent destination" but we sure as hell have been in the fold many times and convinced players to come over here. Huge part of that was James Harden of course, but let's not pretend as if the Knicks have been some desirable destination. There is a reason they always end up with scraps. Sure, players give it thought, since it is NYC, but ultimately they alwaaaaaays fall short, except a few times (Melo and Stoudamire).

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Prob cause his personality sucks and his coach doesn't like him.