1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving to Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaBeard, Jun 29, 2019.

1. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Nets are plain dumb.

In 2 years, they will be begging to get rid of Kyrie's contract once his deficiencies outnumber his star potential.

roslolian, BigShasta, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  2. nsng20

nsng20 Member

wide spread interest in Russell??? Who the hell would want Russell after he just walked into the airport with weed and didn't think he would get caught???

3. PatBev

PatBev Member

Without commitment from KD I would keep DLo over Kyrie

J.R. and saleem like this.
  4. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

DLo played the entire season last year, but LeVert missed 42 games. If LeVert can stay healthy for at least 60 games, then Kyrie missing 20 would be a wash compared to last year. Also, Prince will be an upgrade over Hollis-Jefferson, and the Nets' younger players like Allen and Kurucs will improve. So for me, swapping DLo with Kyrie can be an upgrade (assuming Kyrie doesn't rock the boat)...but agree that it won't put them in the top-half of the playoff bracket without another superstar.

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

I am starting to think the same for any team but particularly the major markets. NYC needs to learn how to build a young core through drafts and smaller trades. Instead they are hoping the bright lights of NYC lures in big names. All year they dreamed of Kyrie + Durant + Zion. Now what...

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kyrie Irving Always Wanted To Live In New York But Had Reservations About Knicks' Management

The dream Kyrie Irving had all along was to live in New York but he had reservations about the management of the New York Knicks, according to a source that spoke with Frank Isola of The Athletic.

Irving and Kevin Durant have agreed to join the Brooklyn Nets.

Multiple sources told Marcus Thompson of The Athletic that Durant and Irving had planned on being teammates for months. Durant wanted them to join the Knicks, while Irving preferred Brooklyn.

Vivi and yoeddy like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi and malakas like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.
  9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

^ Kyrie is the worst... everything he says is always "me, me, me". You didn't include the incredibly ridiculous quotes he had about KD, and his injury.

There's not a single Cavs or Celtics fan that regrets losing him, and I'm honestly shocked the Nets took a team with AMAZING chemistry, already a young all-star PG, and decided to move onto Kyrie, partly to get KD, but KD is injured very seriously.

Imagine if they went after Horford/Jimmy Butler, while re-signing Russell.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Wall, kd, Kyrie....We need more Superstar nutcase divas in the West.

Boogie your 15 mins are up

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kyrie Irving Told Danny Ainge Of Decision To Leave Celtics During Exit Interview

During his exit interview following the 18-19 season, Kyrie Irving informed Danny Ainge he intended to leave the Boston Celtics.

Irving had already decided he would sign with the Brooklyn Nets and not the New York Knicks.

Irving grew up a fan of the Nets and was encouraged by what they were building.

Boston eventually signed Kemba Walker as the replacement for Irving.

Kyrie Irving First Suggested Teaming Up With Kevin Durant, DeAndre Jordan During 2016 Olympics

Kyrie Irving became friends with Kevin Durant and DeAndre Jordan during the 2016 Olympics. Irving had just won a title with the Cleveland Cavaliers while Durant was coming off his decision to join the Golden State Warriors.

The three had endless conversations about basketball, including how LeBron James had orchestrated his own "friend group" with the Miami Heat with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

On one of the final nights they had together during their Olympic run, Irving, Durant and Jordan toasted.

"Hey, this would be cool to do for real" Jordan recalls Irving saying.

"I asked him, 'What you mean by that?'" Jordan says, "and Ky said, 'Let's all get on the same team and play together.'"

Durant went on to win titles in 2017 and 2018. Irving requested a trade in 2017 from the Cavaliers and ended up on the Boston Celtics. Jordan left the Los Angeles Clippers for the Dallas Mavericks and eventually the New York Knicks in 18-19.

"The brotherhood was real," Irving says, "but circumstances kept us apart."

"There were times when you had to wonder, 'Is this ever going to really happen?"' Jordan says.

All three players became free agents in 2019.

"We all agreed," Jordan says, "'We gotta do this.'"

malakas, BeBreezy and Vivi like this.
  12. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Darn. Beat me to it. :p

13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Well, maybe the Knicks dodged a bullet by not signing Kyrie.

#33 plutoblue11, Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.
  15. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

As a Nets fan, I'm not concerned. He's been happy in Brooklyn, and I have faith that the team culture that the Nets have will keep Kyrie feeling supported and that his teammates and the organization has his back.

16. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

They were talking about it this morning on Sirius NBA Radio they said Kyrie had a hat on when they were taking the team photo and someone ask him to take it off and he told them just photoshop it off later.

Dude is batshit crazy.

malakas and Vivi like this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

I always thought Irving was overrated, after how he handled things in Boston he also looks like an ambiguous if not straight up bad presence in a lockeroom, especially in one like the Nets have, where there are a lot of young players trying to develop...i hope for them this doesn't backfire cause they actually did a great job overall in the last four years.

18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If Durant can be at least 80% of what he was next year and beyond, it won’t backfire. But, we have enough evidence now that Irving is a great player, but isn’t a guy that elevates the play of those around him. He had the same issues as the number one guy in Cleveland and Boston.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah i agree, his talent is undeniable, i just don't think he's overall as good as some people think, it was absolutely laughable in my opinion when they tried to talk him up in the MVP race early two years ago, and for me all of that happened just because he won a ring.

roslolian likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

I've never been a fan of Irving, he is like Kobe but with bad work ethic, no defense, injury prone, a midget and a flat earther. Kemba Walker is actually the superior player but doesnt have his hype or the benefit of playing with Lebron.

Not surprised he is stirring drama with Nets because he is a malcontent, even if you kowtow to all his wishes he will find some way to be unhappy.