1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving to Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaBeard, Jun 29, 2019.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

booooo

really though this may be the best for the rockets. they proved last season they are not good enough and odds are never will be again. they get older every year. and at durant's age they start turning into dog years at some point.

3. i3artow i3aller

4. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

At this point, Lakers' first round picks for all of eternity amounts to maybe 2 picks, several generations down the road. probably not worth.

5. lionaire

lionaire Member

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. lionaire

lionaire Member

those picks are looking ever so scrumptious :p:p:p

8. Aware

Aware Member

lmao **** the nets

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Seems like source here is Kyrie's agent trying to get them max money.

Like, OF COURSE Kd is monitoring the Kyrie situation. I'm monitoring it and I'm not even trying to. And of course he'll demand a trade if it all falls apart! That's not news to me, this is just agents/camps laundering things directly via Chams.

Sorry, I'm on team Woj. His trade scoops seem more like news breaking than just repeating an agent/camp follower's tweet.

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Man those Nets pick are diamonds now

jcmoon likes this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Knicks just offloaded Kemba Walker's max salary to Detroit. So about that........

BHannes2BHonest and jcmoon like this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sadly 2023 pick is a swap, just waiting for the nets to implode.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You just have to hope they miss the playoffs. You could then just add their % chance of a top 4 pick to whatever the Rockets chances are. The two together could equal around what the worst record team chances are etc.

BHannes2BHonest and jcmoon like this.
  17. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Dallas in the mix for Kyrie?! Damn Luka/Kyrie combo is going to be lethal. Also makes sense for Dallas to be in this mix. They need that 2nd star badly.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kevin Durant Would Need Nets To Show How Roster Can Be Reshaped Into Contender Without Kyrie Irving

If the Brooklyn Nets were to lose Kyrie Irving this offseason, Kevin Durant will need to see how the team can reshape the roster around him into a title contender.

"I have been told in the last few days that scenario is exactly how Kevin Durant was looking at this," said Adrian Wojnarowski. "If Kyrie left, well, the Nets would have to show them they can reshape this roster and come back with a championship roster.

"I think that's an evolving thought process with Kevin Durant. The Nets knew when they entered these conversations with Kyrie Irving about his future, there was great risk about what it meant for Kevin Durant moving forward if they weren't prepared to a long-term max deal with Kyrie Irving.

"There's going to have to be some dialogue here to see if there's a way they can move forward. I think this is a very perilous time for the future of this Nets' organization and this great experiment with Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant coming together to try to win a championship in Brooklyn. It's not going great."

"Perilous is the right word," interjected Zach Lowe.

Durant is believed to be considering his future with the possibility of a trade request should the Nets lose Irving.

jcmoon likes this.
  19. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

this is the greatest day to be a rocket fan in a long, long time. With two historic drafts under out belt, our brooklyn picks are now going to bring us into dynasty status. Kevin durant is not what he used to be, he's an aging, injury prone player who's on the decline. The nets know that even with kyrie, ben, and KD they probably won't get past the second round at best. If they viewed KD as they used to, they would have given kyrie his contract, even with the drama. Boston exposed KD and the nets and they are now ready to blow it up and replenish they lost harden assets, trading KD for a haul before its too late, thereby making our assets infinitely better!!!

We are going to win a chip in about five years. book it!