1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving to Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaBeard, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

How can u give Kyrie a fully guaranteed, long term max deal when he’s not even fully guaranteed to want to play basketball?

it’s not like all his nonsense has still resulted in multiple trips to the ECF, finals, or a title…they’ve won 1 playoff series since he arrived

Patience likes this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

ESPN: Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving Relationship 'Isn't Always as Close as It Appears'

3. raining threes

The reason I don't want him on the Rockets. But I admire his stance on the multiple vaxes

I got vaxed because of work.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I would not pay Kyrie mega bucks.
    Thing is . . . While i watch DaShaun Watson usher in Guaranteed Contracts into the NFL
    on the other side
    Kyrie is looking like he is ushering them out of the NBA

Rocket River

5. Caesar

Caesar Member

Kd and Kyrie always on twitch stream playing 2k together. Kyrie himself was on twitch stream talking about his time with Bron and how this exact thing was happening and they were always cool.
    If they go different ways, got nothing to do with kd and kyrie beefing. Multiple sauces confirms.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nets Offering Kyrie Irving Four-Year, $192M Deal With Games Played Requirements For Years 3, 4

The Brooklyn Nets are offering Kyrie Irving a four-year, $192 million maximum contract.

The first two years of the deal are guaranteed, but Year 3 and Year 4 are not guaranteed unless he hits games played minimums of 65 games in 22-23 and 23-24. If he hits those marks, the third and fourth seasons will become guaranteed for Irving.

Irving signed with the Nets during the 2019 offseason, but has only played in 20 games, 54 games and 29 games during his three seasons with the franchise.

Edit: or not…

#246 J.R., Jun 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Essentially a 2 year 96 million dollar deal. lol

Patience likes this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You could offer Kyrie a billion dollars and the keys to the Taj Mahal, and he still wouldn't be able to commit his dedication to basketball in the long term. The guy clearly has his own priorities, and there isn't anything anybody can do to change that. KD should want to remove himself from Flat Earther as quickly as possible.

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

KD was a fool to attach himself to Kyrie in the 1st place

u just know Nets management and Joe Tsai hate Kyrie…he’s not reliable and has been nothing but trouble, and if they don’t bring back this wack job on a fully guaranteed max deal, their franchise player might leave making them irrelevant

this is like a “I hate my stepdad, but my mom won’t kick him to the curb” situation with the Nets being the kid

12. steddinotayto

Durant is undeniably an all-time great but the way he don't think things out related to the personnel/business side of things is what kept him from vaulting into top 5-7 territory. Dude gets easily swayed into a lot of ****. First it was Draymond, then it was Kyrie,....can't wait to see who else is going to pull the rope a dope over him next.

Reeko likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Kyrie has KD wrapped around his finger…it’s to the point Kyrie could successfully use him as leverage to get whatever he wants

KD is too much of a follower to reign him in…KD has more energy for randoms on Twitter and talking heads on TV than he does for Kyrie destroying the franchise and ruining his chance at a title

red5rocket and steddinotayto like this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL Stop

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Lebron could just give him the 30 million. I just really want him to leave Brooklyn.

16. steddinotayto

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[Marc Stein] There are credible rumblings in circulation that Kyrie Irving has had some recent contact with LeBron James to presumably discuss a potential reunion.

#258 zeeshan2, Jun 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Kyrie seems like the kind of guy to leave $30 million on the table to go and sign for $6 million in LA. As much as I hate to see the Lakers relevant again anything that destroys the Nets is good.

19. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This is weird, but I can imagine Kyrie doing this like the ex who sleeps with your rival just to get back at you. Kyrie getting with LeBron to get back at Durant for not facilitating a max extension.

Phillyrocket likes this.