1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving requests trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Feb 3, 2023.

1. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

They're legit ****ed if Harden walks. No cap space to get another star player. This is their best chance to get a title this year AND maintaining a window for Embiid in the future

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

4. Rokman

Rokman Member

I don't want Irving . . . . and those BKLYN picks values just shot through the roof!! May be time to cash in a couple of them.

OG Anunoby anyone?

5. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

Kyrie isn't the problem. The Nets org is the problem. How do ALL THREE of your stars ask for trades within a year timeframe? It's just Tsai and Marks being stupid and overreacting to the hebrew thing. He's willing to play as long as you give him his guaranteed money.

RoyalGuard likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Kyrie of all people is apparently the answer to this

[​IMG]

ElPigto and rhino17 like this.
  7. foh

foh Member

Harden & Kyrie have bad blood to boot. That idea is dead on arrival

bmelo, AroundTheWorld and rhino17 like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden asked for a trade because Kyrie is unreliable, which in turn led to KD later requesting a trade, and now Kyrie himself is requesting a trade because his own actions over several years and several instances have led to the Nets not trusting him

Kyrie had guaranteed money and years on his current deal, and has missed the majority of the games, so how can u say with confidence he's willing to play as long as u give him guaranteed money? Because he went a few weeks without an incident?

He was on some hiatus when the Nets did the trade for Harden, and he ruined last season...nobody was beating Harden, KD, and Kyrie even with Harden's decline

Kyrie is currently setting a 3rd franchise ablaze

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/35583014/source-kyrie-irving-asks-nets-trade-ahead-deadline

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

games played in the last 4 years

20 of 72
    54 of 72
    29 of 82
    40 of 51

but he'll play as long as you give him his guaranteed money per this CF's sauce

[​IMG]

Slyonebluejay, bmelo and ElPigto like this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Pretty smart by kyrie. Waits until near deadline to push for a trade. He has the leverage.

Nets have to trade him or risk losing him for nothing.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden already gave out the blueprint to get up outta there

Kyrie is available for tomorrow's game...if he wants, he can push a trade through between now and the deadline

fat suit mode, activated

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

:D

14. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#74 i3artow i3aller, Feb 3, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    J.R. likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. foh

foh Member

Or Nets brass once again points out that there is no interest for Irving on the open market. Can go both ways.

The dude is asking for four years 50 mil per year after sabotaging 3 years worth of prime championship caliber teams. That's straight up setting a franchise up on fire if I ever saw it. Only a desperate GM/owner will sign up to have Irving on their team on those terms

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Surprised some posters are 'defending' Kyrie by stating that the Nets should have just offered Kyrie everything he wants, in order to stay.

You do that with regular superstar players, not players who have a chance of missing a couple of games because the smoke from burning sage spoke to him in a dream that he shouldn't be playing or that he feels disrespected because something something Jewish something negroes something.

All the talent to be a top 10 player in the NBA, and the personality / work ethic of an extremely unreliable person. So sad.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think they ready to let him walk

Go Kuz!

Rocket River

19. Caesar

Caesar Member

I see it's already begun. Every ESPN video uploaded on my YouTube is about Lakers and Kyrie. Predictable. If i'm the Nets, i tell Kyrie play out the season and walk this summer and take the chance Kyrie threatens to sit out. Fine him. Don't pay him if he does. Better than taking some teams garbage because you keep your balls and don't come out looking like the Lakers little b**** like so many franchises throughout NBA history. I'm sick and tired of teams always helping the Lakers whenever they need it.

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  20. jim1961

jim1961 Member