1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving on the cover of NBA Live 14

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mr. 13 in 33, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/XTldeU7-hnQ?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/XTldeU7-hnQ?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HjuTvTt1Kik?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

The little bits of movements that were not slow-moed looked quite awkward.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Still doesn't look as good as 2K in my opinion, but it looks like it will be a good game for once, and people might want Live just for the sake of change after years of only 2K being on the market.

5. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

good pick. irving is a stud

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I like it. Too bad its console-only.

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Ehh. Might not even be real gameplay.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The game looks like **** yet again. This close to release and they're still holding back on showing gameplay? After several years of failure you'd think they understand that they need to blow away the populous to get people to buy their software over 2k14 at this point. I haven't even seen previews of the game showing up, yet I see 2k14 in the news constantly showing off all the features they've added.

EA needs to hire me obviously, they're doing it wrong.

9. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Yeah. I might pick it up once it's cheaper. Hopefully it's good so 2k can step their game up.

10. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

100 percent real gameplay

11. Christopher

Christopher Member

Good to see an Aussie on the cover! :p

How crazy is it that EA dropped the ball so badly with the Live series. We'd all still be playing it if they just kept offering up a decent product. 2K is just so much better.

12. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

live isnt being released on current gen, so its not that close to release. the systems they are launching on havent even been released yet.. youve seen some gameplay leaks of 2k14 but only current-gen, they have yet to leak any next-gen footage other than the lebron talking promos. there are people(2k players) even claiming that 2k might be behind the 8ball for next gen.. live has an opportunity to gain some respect back but its all about gameplay. imo live has always been more pleasing to the eye but gameplay was shxt.. theyve had 3 years to rebuild a new game from scratch and have only been focusing on next-gen, they better deliver..

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

There was 2k14 in game footage for next gen wayyyy before live.

14. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

pre alpha footage during e3 that could have easily been passed off as current gen footage.

Personally, I'm a little burned out of the 2k series. The game is starting to feel like nba jam. I've literally been in an online match where kobe bryant through an alley oop to STEVE NASH and he did a 360 reverse layup to finish the play...and this whole animation completely ignored the physics from the player in front of him. That was in 2k13.

2K is making the game too casual, which I don't like.

I'll probably still pick up 2k14 for ps4 over live, but that's only because of EA's inability to put out a basketball game in 4 years, so its hard to trust them.

I'll have a better idea when both games show off actual 5 on 5, unedited, next gen gameplay.

I hope Live 14 has an incredible comeback and blows our mind, but chances are, that won't happen.

15. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

2k hasnt impressed me this year....

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

Will get 2k14 but probably pirate Live to test it out.

17. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

Hopefully, this will get 2K to add some improvements in 2K14 that aren't incremental.

18. macho87

macho87 Member

They brought this P.O.S. game back? 2k>>>>>live

19. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Guys, can PS4 plese bring back NBA 14 the Life? That was actually a nice twist on the NBA game. I know 2k has My player, but that ish is kinda weak.

20. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

We must have seen different footage. It was a little rough and far from the best next-gen has to offer, but it was clearly next-gen. Don't know framerate, resolution, what pure gameplay looks like, etc., but I was happy with that they showed given how far it is from release (it is an OK base for next-gen 2K...which probably means that it will look more or less the same in 2K22, but oh well).

Not really impressed with Live, though mainly because EA has been pretty bad about these "gameplay" trailers in the past.

Either way, I'd like to see more from both for next-gen, though I like 2K's efforts more so far.

Doubt they'd do that. Sony has moved away from these medium sized games, and that's assuming they could even make a solid product (debatable, despite their efforts with The Show) allowing for some decent profit.

I wouldn't mind a return to the series in the future, but for now, I'm OK with relying on 2K (and...um...EA I guess) for NBA action. Put that money towards crazy indie games or something.