1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Kyler]While the Rockets have Harden and that is a lot... talked to two agents this week that said..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LorneMalvo, Jun 30, 2019.

1. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

Like the Warriors are much better. Shipping Iggy to overpay DLo after Iggy left it all out there playing inured for the team.

#61 JuNx, Jul 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    pippendagimp, c1utchfan925 and D-rock like this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also too even if you hate the city it's not a lifetime thing, 3-5 years, basically what a college student has to do...and then retire at 35 with millions so you end up living wherever you like anyways for most of your life and unlike violent sports like the NFL your body and brain isn't busted and wrecked.

I get not feeling wanted or feeling insulted, I'm not saying players can't feel that, but the media whining for them is sad. These players get over it and understand in the end that it is a business, well, most times.

RayRay10 and CCity Zero like this.
  3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Completely agree with you.

4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this is hilarious

CCity Zero likes this.
  6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, this is insane, maybe Riley threw a championship ring at Butler (instead of dumping them on the table) and they forced him to commit. Haha, not that Butler was coming, but... It'd make for a fun narrative like this Kanter take

7. biff17

biff17 Member

Since when do agents have the power to let there clients do anything?

8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Every team is cold. Just ask Iggy. He got blind sided for a salary dump.

9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Well he is right, from the agent point of view, I don't think any agent ever getting a good deal with Morey.

Plus the famous Dmo situation, the failure of Melo and most importantly, if your client will want to have some good numbers for your next contract, playing along with Harden is also not a wise choice.

10. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

The famous DMO situation. You mean the situation where the Rockets we’re willing to pay him guaranteed money, he declined, and ended up in China 2 years later without the guaranteed money.

Or the failure of Melo who, after being let go, was able to latch on to zero teams and still hasn’t found any takers.

Ariza and Mbah Moute both ended up with more money after playing with Harden. Pat Beverly has done well for himself. Eric Gordon is about to make a ton of money. Clint Capela sure didn’t struggle to get money last season. House got guaranteed money after being a G Leaguer until he was well into his 20s. Corey Brewer landed a nice contract with the Rockets after being traded here. Chandler Parsons did pretty well for himself as a free agent. You could even go back to Carlos Delfino, who parlayed his one year next to Harden into a raise from Milwaukee even though he never played again.

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

How are you not going to be cold and calculating signing hundred-million-dollar contracts?

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Reports said the team informed him that it could be a possibility that he would be traded. I think that probably played a big part in how open he was in the past week on sports radio about his time in the Bay. I think Iggy knew that he was probably going to go to a team with cap space that would have no use for him. He will get to choose his team in the end and probably wants to go for one more ring.

Either way it is way more cold what the Warriors did for Iggy - the man was a huge key for them in their dynasty. Sacrificed for the team to come off the bench when he originally signed to help the development of Harrison Barnes and overall team success. Won a Finals MVP for them. But they didn't have much of a choice with the increases that Klay and now D'Angelo would see.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  13. rockets13champs

Most hated team. 2 most hated superstars.

14. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

But the Clippers I'm sure are not cold at all. "Hey Blake, you are the face of the franchise." Traded a few months later.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  15. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

One of the agents must be B.J Armstrong.

bballjunkie likes this.
  16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I'm sorry, but nothing is more mechanical and cold than pressuring your best player to come back early from injury by feeding him a false narrative of "well, you can't injure it worse than it already was injured". Durant's career may be done. The stats aren't in his favor, his age isn't, and he will have to change his game a little coupled with hard hard rehab. I don't care what Durant's own doctor's said, if the team is on the up and up and cares about their guy as much as they want to play it in post they would have done their due diligence. This was always a possibility, and not informing him of that is wrong.

Look, most guys when traded understand it's a business. I think it's easy to hide behind the facade that because Morey uses analytics and isn't afraid to trade players he's cold. Rivers and Green could have cashed in this summer. There are others that have been on this team through tough times too. I'm not saying Morey is perfect, I'm just saying all teams in the NBA understand they are here to do two things: win and make some mother effing money.

17. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Serious question- is BJ Armstrong worse at his job than anyone else associated with the league?

18. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Another Superstar Chose the Rockets?