1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry's last 5 games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Dec 21, 2010.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=3012

14 ppg
    51% FG
    53% 3FG
    9 apg
    3 spg

Lowry's actually shooting over 50% on 3s in the month of December. That's some hot streak. I can't remember the last time we had a PG shoot the 3-ball this well for such an extended period of time. Maybe Kenny Smith?

Keep it going, Kyle!

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hell yes, he has been outstanding !

And we have had lots of PG's shoot the 3ball that well over a short streak like that....either way...it should be celebrated when any of them do it.

We need that 3 ball.

9-0 when the team hits 10 or more 3balls.

DD

3. BigSexy

BigSexy Contributing Member

So much for being overpaid! If he keeps this up, we got ourselves a bargain! :cool:

1 person likes this.
  4. mazinger

mazinger Member

There is no reason why Brooks should be the starter. NONE!!! Kyle is far superior on defense, gets everyone involved on offense , controls the tempo of the game, he's just a true point guard.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I wish there were stat for hustle, Lowry would be league leading.

6. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Stealthy blow DD, maybe Lowry's shot is truly much improved, not just a fluke.

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

not so subtle jab at lowry and comparing him to rafer while trying to prop brooks

and you know thats what you were doing here please do not act like you were not there is no reason to mention about other PGs shooting the 3 or the team record when shooting 3s when the thread is just about Lowry's improved play this season

1 person likes this.
  8. trugoy

trugoy Member

I love the backhanded compliments about Lowry's shooting, how it is just a "streak".

I don't see anyone calling derrick rose's improved shooting a "streak".

If derrick rose can improve his shot why can't Lowry?

9. DaDakota

You are reading WAY WAY WAY TOO much into what I said....

There is no subtlety, it is the truth, we have had lots of 5 game spreads where our points hit great percentages.....AB has done it, Kyle has done it, Rafer has done it.

So, me pointing out the FACTS of the matter is a subtle dig?

UN****ING REAL !!! Some of you Lowry people are just as sensitive about him as I am about AB.....not everything is a dig at the guy...

I am happy that Kyle is hot, I hope he keeps it up, if he does, AB may have to learn about Wally Pipp.....

Either way, I have said ALL ****ING LONG that we need both to win....if one struggles we need the other to step up....

WTF ever !

SHEESH !

DD

10. delishman

delishman Member

Kyle Lowry has intangibles.

He's like Shane Battier with stats.

Just kidding. Shane you're the man.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure Durvasa is refering to the 50% accuracy this month. Unless you think he's going to hit 50% for the year, then it is a hot streak.

12. vince

vince Member

A point guard has to be a leader. I don't care about stats. We've had Steve Francis be the starter in the past, and he put up some amazing numbers. But for point guards, it isn't about scoring stats, it's about controlling the tempo of the game.

Lowry is far superior in that aspect to the Rocket Point guards of recent memory.

Geesh, Lowry is averaging 9 assist in the past 5 games. He's averaging 7.3 assists for the season. We've seen that he get's teammates involved. His 18 assist game was simply amazing!!!!

Lowry should be the starter from here on after. But Brooks, should still get plenty of minutes off the bench.

1 person likes this.
  13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Last 5 games? Over last month (11/19-12/20), 17 games, Lowry has shot 27 for 56 on threes or 48.2%.

14. trugoy

trugoy Member

We've played nearly 30 games, and he is shooting 42% and on 40% on 3s, so I think it's safe to say that he has improved his shooting.

15. DaDakota

Yep, I hope he keeps it up....

DD

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

you bringing in something totally unrelated to the thread yes that is apparently me reading too much

the thread was about lowry's play over the last 5 games and really his improved play as the starter but somehow how the team is shooting the 3 ball and how the team's pg have shot the 3 ball comes in as the main body of your post?

yes thats not a subtle dig at kyle :rolleyes:

the guy is playing well and looking more and more comfortable with the starters and the starters with him...

kyle has been playing as well and maybe his improved percentages arent a fluke i dont know how many games it must be before we consider a hot streak/fluke is just an actual improvement? Many guards have improved their shot as they've gotten older (ex: Jason Kidd) and Lowry is actually still young. From all the reports we heard the past two summers Kyle has been working hard to improve his jumpshot and it seems that its finally paying off.

Lowry made a huge impact on the game tonight great to see him play well and the team starting to pile up more Ws than Ls

17. mazinger

mazinger Member

If AB was or when he's 100%, do you put him back as the starter?

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

1 person likes this.
  19. PeppermintCandy

I loved how the Warriors fell for Lowry's steals on the in-bounds play not once but twice, both resulting in Golden State fouling out of frustration.

Great hustle plays by Kyle.

20. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member