1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry is still starting?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ShiniKashi, Jan 2, 2011.

Tags:
  1. trugoy

trugoy Member

What??

Mills is a nobody. You talking like he is some allstar.

2. PeppermintCandy

It's strange to me that so many posters are questioning Brooks's demeanor or his job-satisfaction level. It just looked to me like he still doesn't have his quickness back after the ankle injury and so got burned by a quicker guard who probably wanted to prove himself against a local legend.

We just have to wait until Brooks returns to full health. He'll find his game again, just like Budinger is starting to.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

One of Kyle's weaknesses is lateral footspeed, he is not that quick, he is a straight bull ...but not really that quick.

DD

4. choujie

choujie Member

Yeah, quickness is the key, and his shooting touch. Maybe they all related to his conditioning and ankle strength. More time is needed, he should play fewer minutes at this stage.

Even though I don't think AB's attitude is that much a problem, but when things are not going his way, he tends to make a lot more mistakes and a lot more bad decisions, like a rookie does. Mentally not strong enough.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You can always tell the people with an agenga because they like to bring other players down to promote thier own player.

6. choujie

choujie Member

I agree Lowry might have trouble defending a red hot Mills, but I don't think Lowry would let that guy pick his pocket that many times and I don't think Lowry would let that guy out-hustle him for so many loose balls.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

No doubt, AB was crap tonight he was coasting and Mills was dealing.

DD

8. choujie

choujie Member

You keep mentioning that agenda thing but I feel you have bigger agenda than most of the posters here.

9. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

I disagree with you. I think Brooks's ankle is still bothering him quite a bit. Against the Raptors I noticed him limping, and it was obvious that he couldn't plant off of his right foot. His ankle is still hurting him and it will be more than a week before he's back to 100%. If you ask me, I think he might have come back to soon.

An ankle/leg injury can throw off your entire game, including shooting, defense, and everything else. I hope he doesn't come back to the starting lineup until he's truly 100%, because if not he will not play well, not to mention his trade value will go down.

10. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

I have no doubt Brooks ankle is bothering him still, but a professional realizes this and adjusts his game until he is back. Aaron's insistence on challenging Mills and refusing to pass the ball around and shoot the 3 when we are down that far was infuriating. Period.

I mean, could just be a bad night, injuries are just as hard to come back from mentally, but I hoped he would show a little more intelligence.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The PG position is usually a strength for us, but this game neither Kyle or Aaron showed up. Those guys are our leaders on offense, and we're going to half a tough time winning when they both play poorly.

12. choujie

choujie Member

This is a game nobody except maybe CBud played to their usual standards. Big guys missing so many defensive rebounds, wing players missing so many open shots and made so many bad passes to compound the PG problem.

13. trugoy

trugoy Member

The thing about AB and also Budinger is that other players have confidence against them because of their defensive reputation.

It's not so much that Mills was red hot against AB but that he was so supremely confident going right at him.

The guy is a third tier backup in this league and he was taking and making the sort of shots against AB that Deron williams would take.

Once you let players have that sort of confidence against you it's goodnight irene. Another example is Artest, artest these days has zero footspeed, realistically, most players should be able to get past him, but most players are not confident to do so againt him. Without that confidence, he can still act as a bully an defensive player.

1 person likes this.
  14. Wolfpack101

Wolfpack101 Member

Patty Mills actually is a decent player (he isn't some scrub you guys make him out to be). In a couple years he'll be a solid role player who scores off the bench. And as far as agenda's go, the point Larsv8 is trying to make is that you guys who support Lowry give him a pass when he plays terribly but hammer Brooks when he plays terrible. Neither of them played well, and its arguable who played worse. Brooks let a backup PG light him up, Lowry was invisible all game. They both sucked and that largely the reason we lost. It really isn't fair to blame one of them for the loss and pardon the other.

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I don't think people are pardoning Lowry at all.

They both sucked, but it's evident that Brooks had nothing to offer on both ends of the court whiles Lowry could at least contribute on defence, but they both still sucked.

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Go back and read the post I responded to, and see my comment "This game didn't need Brooks to get lost, that was already well taken care of".

17. Wolfpack101

Wolfpack101 Member

What did Lowry offer on defense? Andre Miller didn't score on him much but he also didn't abuse Brooks. In fact when Miller posted Brooks up he stripped him and stole the ball. They both sucked equally, people just single out Aaron because they have an agenda against him.

18. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

Either bring some facts or situational examples like I did, or if you want to go the stat route, bring up some relevant ones like how Lowry is a +10.3 on court/off court FOR THE YEAR, compared to Brooks -8.1 on court/off court FOR THE YEAR.

This irrelevant one game +/- bullcrap just makes yourself look dumb.

I'm hoping you're better than that.

Try harder. Your effort is Brooksesque.

2 people like this.
  20. trugoy

trugoy Member

You can't be serious, are you trying to say that Lowry was equivalent to Brooks on defence this game?