1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry is still starting?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ShiniKashi, Jan 2, 2011.

Tags:
  1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'd take Ish Smith with a jumper over AB and Lowry.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He'll continue starting if Brooks continues this type of of play. Got absolutely abused by Mills tonight.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

To me it seemed like he was forcing things, trying to score too much, going against a bigger and aggressive guard with a shot blocker behind him, and that's what hurt him, not lack of speed or mobility due to his ankle. If lowry was still playing insanely, then i'd say who knows when brooks will start, but Lowry isn't anymore. When i say a week i'm refering to when his ankle will be 100%, not necessarily that his play will be so great that it'll call for it, but with a tougher schedule and lowry cooling off i think Rick will make the change then.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

3/10 shooting and 3 turnovers is unacceptable for Brooks. Come on, the guy went 1/6 from three point land. He was obviously still recovering from NYE.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

As bad as AB and KL have been playing, I found it incredibly telling that Rick had Twill run some point, and run it well against Portland....

DD

6. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Lowry & Brooks both sucked tonight.

7. trugoy

trugoy Member

The problem is that every single guard that Brooks will face is bigger and more aggressive than him.

Patty Mills is in the bottom tier of BACKUP PGs in the league. His career high was 12 points and he matched his career high in one quarter against Brooks.

Brooks is not good enough to not play at 110% every play. He is also not good enough to get outhustled by his opponent, which he did tonight.

8. trugoy

trugoy Member

On offense yes, the diffrence is that when Lowry is sucking on offense, he can still play defense. Andre Miller did nothing against Lowry tonight. Patty Mills on the other hand.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Don't forget hustle.

10. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

No question Brooks was outhustled tonight. This may be the worst effort I've seen by him. Can't help but to believe he's not 100% or his confidence is shot because he's not starting.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Yeah but even in the games leading up to his injury Brooks had this exact same demeanor. I think he's honestly still pissed he didn't get an extension.

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

Tonight's game perfectly illustrates the difference between Lowry and Brooks.

When Lowry sucks, he simply does not contribute much to winning.

When Brooks sucks, he gets TORCHED by no name backups, drives straight into the teeth of the defense and gets his cookies taken TWICE leading to break away dunks effectively ending any chance of a comeback. Talk about "high leveraged" moments, that back to back sequence is what put a cap on the game.

When Brooks sucks, he loses you games.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

My point was that it was a combination of things, so its not just facing a bigger guard. How many times will the rockets be down by 20, with brooks already having an off game, facing a bigger defender, with a very good shotblocker waiting in the paint? That's what caused him to force the issue and Portland, as a team, ate him up for it.

14. choujie

choujie Member

AB always gets out-hustled. Hustle is not in AB's playbook. It was very rare he got the loose ball or even tipped the ball when he was not injured.

15. mazinger

mazinger Member

That's the problem. He feels entitled and if he's going to be acting like a child then **** him. He got torched by a 3rd or 4th tier bench Pg. Imagine when he plays Paul, DWill, Rose and the other top PGs? We don't have a defensive Center to cover his ass for his non existent defense. All Brooks can do is score but when his shot is not falling, he's useless. At least Lowry can play defense, get his team mates involved in the game and control the tempo a little better.

Oh and, Brooks always gets out hustled. If Brooks wants his starting job back, he has to prove he is better than Lowry. That is an impossible task since he is not or ever will be better Lowry.

Brooks might not be a Rocket after the trade deadline and for sure not next year.

16. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Why is this even a question? Lowry is the best PG on this team pure and simple. He gets everyone involves, plays great defense with tenacity, hustle and play with so much heart.

Kyle Lowry is very much underrated. Even people on CF still doesn't see the true value of Kyle. How important he is to this team. Right now, he is the heart and soul of this team.

1 person likes this.
  17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Lowry: -13
    Brooks: -5

Brooks still isn't himself and looked bad tonight, but your post is hyperbolic crap. This game didn't need Brooks to get lost, that was already well taken care of.

And there's no way Lowry could have stayed with Mills either.

18. mazinger

mazinger Member

hahahah, Lowry would have made Mills his b****.

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I'm not looking forward to an AB/Martin starting backcourt again, and I don't think Adelman is either.

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Which is why we don't use +/- as a stat.

Unless it demonstrates what you want it to demonstrate.

So many other factors went into Lowry's -13, including suckage from the majority of teammates starting with him. Of all the Rockets, really, we can only say that Patterson, Budinger, Lee, and at times Martin did not get flat out-played. Games like these really hurt my Rockets pride and make me wonder if it really is going to take years before we can contend again.