1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry Highlights: Philly's "The Chosen" League and the Melo League Matchup

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aofosho, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Aofosho

Aofosho New Member

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q8IaSsOX_mY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q8IaSsOX_mY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

0:54-1:04

Short footage of Kyle Lowry getting reps in at the game between Team Philly and Team Melo, still has that fearless drive and showing some range.

Unfortunately I didn't get to watch the game but it was streamed on the Sports Illustrated website.

1 person likes this.
  2. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

thanks for posting.

Glad to see lowry doing good. This lockout needs to end.. We're missing training camp and preseason games already. :mad:

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Damn. I wonder what Kyle Lowry is going to look like this year. Can Kyle and Chuck improve, yet again?

4. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Recruit the other stars to come play for the Rockets Kyle!

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

That doesn't even look like Lowry. He has slimmed down a bit. He is going to be a monster whenever the season starts.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Is Kyle Lowry the black guy?

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yes. The black guy in the white jersey.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

NFL owners had to worry about their product during the lockout, the longer those guys were out the worse the football would be when they come back.

The NBA doesn't have that worry, it is so much about individual skill, and these guys are so skilled that the basketball will not suffer no matter how long the lockout lasts.

DD

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

yeah lowry looks like he's slimmed down...i wonder if that'll make him faster/better. Its not always the case.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Do you remember the last lock-out shortened season?

11. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

He's pretty much been the best player (at least on his team) in every basketball-related thing he's done this summer. I think it might be the case. At the very least, I don't think it has hurt his game in any way.

12. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Yeah, the Knicks made it to the Finals that year because a recently unbanned Sprewell was unleashed against a bunch of fat, out of shape players (see Shawn Kemp and Vin Baker and probably everyone else who had played in the Seattle front court)

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

well.... ehhh....

Two things will happen as a result

-Team basketball will suffer a bit with less time to jell, and no training camp to learn the schemes coached.

-Injuries, Injuries, Injuries... If the season starts around the first of January you will get a ton of pulled hamstrings, possibly some torn ACL's etc.

The quality of the play will still be entertaining, but team play might not be as solid for some of the younger teams that really need the coaching.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I do, but I also recall they scheduled 50 games between January and May, which caused some back to back to back games.......which was really bad for play overall.

3 games in 3 nights, really wore the guys down.

Also, Pippen dribbled the ball off his foot against the Lakers and blamed the rest of his team....man, that year sucked.

DD

15. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

Glad to see Lowry do well. He scored 34 pts for the team! Can't wait for the next season!

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can we get a vid of this game anywhere?