1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry becoming a star?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Treeza, Mar 8, 2011.

1. choujie

choujie Member

The key word in you post is: you don't know about Rondo. And he didn't play well against Rockets, that's understandable. You don't fix something if it's not broken. But if you see him enough times, I'd say Rockets might do even better than Lowry running the show. Since you don't know much about Rondo, there is no point to debate any further.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Trust me man, I watch a ton of basketball.

The point I was making WASN'T I haven't seen enough of Rondo. It was that Rondo has never been the main man, he has never been the guy the team relies on to win.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have seen a few hundred game's of Rondo, and I would agree that his track record puts him ahead of Lowry at the moment. Rondo's ceiling is where he is, imo. He hasn't improved in years, and his jumper is still among the worst in the league. Other than his jumper, what can he possibly improve? His rebounding and assists are pretty much maxed out, and his individual defense is solid when he is motivated and healthy. That said, his vision is up there with some of the best, though not quite as good as Nash. (The assist totals lie in this case)

Again, Where can Rondo get better? Can we expect a 50% free throw shooter to ever develop a midrange game?