1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Mar 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. chen55

chen55 Member

He should be the starter.

2. OlajuwonShake34

Well in my opinion, If anybody should FINISH the game it really should be Brooks. He spreads the floor for Yao, he can hit the 3 pointer if Yao gets doubled.

My opinion is that Lowry starts, Brooks you finish. Let Brooks play the Jason Terry role. Kyle Lowry is clearly the better player and point guard. He's been consistent since day 1 as a Rocket.

3. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

Lowry > AB

AB needs one more year until he can start. He just makes the dumbest decisions, that make you scream at the tv. Lowry knows what to do in certain situations.

AB is just wild and not utilizing his scoring options.

4. OlajuwonShake34

So true, he and Wafer fit well. Except Wafer isn't always crazy and doesn't have the ball in his hands all the time.

I don't trust the ball in AB's hands. AB is a spot-up shooter, that's about it. He is one of the worst decision makers in the league hands down.

5. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Dude, i was just about to make this thread.

Seriously guys, if Kyle didn't step it up, we would've lost the game with a lost Brooks out there, probably by like 20. Kyle stepped up, brought us back close, but in the end, the Jazz flopped their way to a win, congrats you bunch of mormon cheaters.

6. OlajuwonShake34

Well i just started posting today. :p

I've always felt like he was at the very least the Next Rondo. Kyle Lowry is the future. ;)

Aaron Brooks acts like a person with ADHD, he is to hyper and he never gets tired and he wants to do everything himself.

7. dastanman

dastanman Member

I love this guy. Singlehandedly brought us back in the third quarter and gave us a shot at this game. He better be back next year.

8. lalala902102001

Lowry can finish games when AB does not show up, but for now let Aaron continue to start.

9. HTR99

HTR99 Member

You know how it goes. I want the Rockets and him to do well but I'm sure his next mistake will get him toasted here.

The up and down ways of Clutchfans.

Go Rockets!!!

10. RocketsBearFan

Start Lowry over Aaron Brooks.

11. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

I'm starting to get the feeling that teams let Brooks drive to the basket, knowing they're going to shift a few players over to stop him. When Brooks drives, he always manages to get trapped and either turn the ball over trying to pass the ball or get blocked. Lowry, on the other hand, takes the contact and manages to put up a good shot or pass.

12. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Brooks is not a starter material. The guy dribbles too much, do not know to pass the ball to the post man, one day is hot, and another day is cold. Lowry can pass the ball to anyone, and can drive, has a very good chemistry with the teammates on the court. Start Lowry.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Lowry had a bad turnover late.......he didn't have any assists, but he got the team back in with his attacking mentality.

I think Brooks or Lowry whomever is better that night is fine.

DD

14. longliverox

longliverox Member

After 1 game and 3 consecutive fouls drawed by Lowry, suddenly the place makes him look like a Rocket's savor. Be cool guys, give AB some time to learn and adjust. It's AB's bad game because hes physically a bad match with Deron, but he did do some decent defense on Rondo and even Paul!!! And you guys have already forget AB's "20pts 10 assts" game!!

15. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Lowry either passed the ball to Yao or drove into the basket, and got the fouls, so he can not get assists by those kind of plays, but they were the right plays.

16. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

One difference tonight was every time AB drove in he just got it blocked or threw up a crazy looking layup, while Lowry drove in an attacked into players using his body. I really don't think AB knows what he is doing at times and that when he makes mistakes after mistakes.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lowry is better in games against good point guards. Lowry seems to have a better B-Ball IQ. He can stay with his man for the most part.

Aaron is a blur. He's our Barbosa and can score against weak defensive teams. He can hit the open shot but he doesn't look to penetrate and get fouls.

They both have strengths and weaknesses but can succeed together.

It's almost like football with the two.

18. sittingDuck

sittingDuck Member

I'm also leaning towards Lowry as a starter. Morey did a great job picking him up and I found out that Jerry West selected him also. Not to shabby!!!

Kyle Lowry (born March 25, 1986 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) is an American professional basketball player with the Memphis Grizzlies of the National Basketball Association. He was selected by General Manager Jerry West with the 24th pick in the 2006 NBA Draft. He declared for the draft after two seasons with Villanova University under coach Jay Wright originally without an agent trying to "test the waters". After being given a first round guarantee by Jerry West of the Memphis Grizzlies he opted to stay in the draft, opening up the door for his successor, current Villanova guard Scottie Reynolds.

19. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i think lowry has a really high bball iq and senses whenever we need a spark. its no coincidence he got a fast break 3 times down the court all by himself right when he got put in the game.

20. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Wish you luck, Kyle.