1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Kyle Kuzma/Kawhi Leonard's trainer says Lebron doesn't want no smoke

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rocketchamp, Dec 30, 2019.

1. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Freaking play instead of gossping

da_juice likes this.
  2. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Lebron doesn't take games off? Lol. He's been load managing since his Miami days where he took 2 weeks off due to "rest". Not sure how ppl disregard the facts of something

D-rock and Jontro like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

He has averaged 76 games a season and 38.5 minutes a game.... over 16 seasons. That isn’t much time off at all.

xaos, BigggReddd, plutoblue11 and 4 others like this.
  4. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Like I said, he took 2 weeks off in the middle of a season. He's been load managing way before Kawhi. Has anybody else in nba history took 2 weeks off for rest?

5. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Keep digging :D

plutoblue11 likes this.
  6. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

7. Nook

Nook Member

Leonard took half a season off.

I am not even a LeBron James fan but he has averaged 76 games a year and almost 39 minutes a game for 16 seasons.

If 39 minutes a night and 76 games a year is load managing, then I don’t know what the hell you call what Leonard does.

Fyreball, xaos, BigM and 1 other person like this.
  8. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Kawhi was legitimately coming off injury. Lebron hasn't had any major injuries, yet decided he's resting himself for 2 weeks. He is Mr Load Management

9. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

What does "no smoke" even mean? Am I that old now?

Gray_Jay, jordnnnn and Killatron 2000 like this.
  10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lebron didn't want his toupé anywhere near that smoke b/c it's inflammable

11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

All this is dumb. If lebron doesn’t want to guard Leonard then he doesn’t have to. He has nothing to prove and in this twilight years as a player. The man is still one of the most dominant players in the game. Leave him alone. Shut up and go back to your desk jobs.

Nook likes this.
  12. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

No that's not how it works. Along with the media, you guys hype this man up to be on MJ GOAT level. Lakers win early beating up on terrible teams, "Lebron's going to win MVP in his 17th year, he's the goat!!!". Lakers lose on Christmas day & Lebron gets embarrassed by Kawhi (and Pat Bev), now it's "leave Lebron alone he's old, aging & barely can walk. What should you expect". The goal post continuously move with this guy lol

13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I have nothing to do with how others feel about Lebron I can only speak for myself. The man is a proven winner. Perennial MVP candidate. Arguably the best ever. I never said he’s old or can barely walk that’s your interpretation. I said he’s in his last years as a player and he has nothing left to prove to anyone. if he feels there’s other players that are better suited to guard a certain player then let him be. He knows where he’s at physically and knows what’s best for the team. That’s not your decision or fans or the media’s decision to make.

14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

You’re making yourself look bad. I don’t like Lebron but certain things are really silly to argue about. Among those are that he’s in the conversation as the greatest player of all time and he’s had a career of playing a lot of games at a lot of minutes. These are just facts.

15. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Yea but a few things. Lebron's path to the finals every year has been the easiest of any superstar ever. He's spent his entire career, outside of L.A., playing in a atrocious conference & constantly "teaming up" with other superstars just to stack the chips in his favor. He even recruited KD AFTER KD beat & outplayed him in the finals smh

So Lebron's not about competing to be the best, he's about creating NARRATIVES & the illusion he's the best by manipulating idiot fans. That and the fact the NBA has watered the game down to where you can stat pad without casual fans noticing. The problem is he's in the WEST now & can't cruise through regular seasons anymore. He HAS to play hard because the seeding in the West can make or break you

clutchdabear likes this.
  16. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

One point at a time sir. We were addressing load managing, and Lebron was doing this well before Kawhi was. Are you denying this? The information explains itself

17. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

what's interesting to see is lebron from his rookie year and lebron now... you don't really see any change to his game at all. he still relies solely on athleticism even at age 35. just 1-2 dribble pull-ups or blow bys in transition.

the stuff he learned from hakeem during the 2012-2013 season, he only applied that during the ecf against the celtics... i've never seen him use those moves since... seems like his footwork has gotten worse every season since that 2012-2013 season. and his ft% dropped from high 70% to around 60%.

he did get better at publicly defending china's national interests, though.

18. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

God damn I've never seen so much salt from a LeBron hater on this website before:rolleyes:

19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Love him or hate him his performance speaks for itself. His career speaks for itself. Night in night out competing against the best for 17 or so years. He doesn’t create anything but simply plays the game. The media and fans create the narrative. Your comments diminish his accomplishments and accolades and render his career to be less than what it actually is. Just as in the case with Harden, who’s received so much hate in this world. One can’t simply argue against lebron’s accomplishments including 4 MVP awards and 3 championships. Sad that we live in a society where fans and the media constantly judge and tear apart players they simply don’t like attributing all kinds of negative things to them while uplifting and praising others. The Harden and Luka Donkey duality is one example of this judgement and bias.

Sajan likes this.
  20. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

So the media created these narratives?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]