1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Hill? Who Is This Guy? Rox Have Rights To Him?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OmegaSupreme, Aug 4, 2003.

1. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

have any of you heard of this guy? apparently the rockets have rights to him after reading this article...

kyle hill

here's the only relevant part:

After two years of good money in France, Kyle Hill is ready to take his chances with the NBA.

So rather than heading overseas again, the star of Eastern's 2001 NCAA tournament team is staying in the U.S. with hopes of being in an NBA preseason camp.

The Houston Rockets have the rights to the 6-foot-2 guard, but Hill also has heard the Utah Jazz have some interest in him.

"I'm just waiting to see," he said. "I'm going to try to make it somewhere."

looks like he can light it up, but the same could have been said for dan langhi.

he's a pg and don't the rockets need one? i think moochie has set the bar low enough for anybody to come in and make more of an impact.

after checking for info i found some statisics on him:

stats :eek:

does anybody know any more about this player?

2. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

He was a draft pic of ours 2 years ago

3. OmegaSupreme

by the way, i just checked realgm's tradechecker and saw his name under the rox's roster. maybe something can be worked out with glen and hill. :confused:

clutch, who is this guy? :confused:

4. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

The Rockets aquired his rights in the Glen Rice trade. He has played a couple of times on the summer squad but didn't make it on the team's final roster. He would be a nice addition to the team if he can do something with the ball.

5. Rocketman15

Rocketman15 Member

We got his draft rights from Dallas he was the 44th pick in the 2001 Draft

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Hill played pretty well for the Rockets in last year's summer leagues from what I remember. He didn't get much PT this year until the very last few games of the summer leagues. He did score well and can can the open jumper.

7. AGBee

AGBee Member

I heard he's the next Dan Langhi but not quite the next Boki.

8. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

Kyle Hill cannot play pg and we don't need another undersized sg. He may be of value to some team but not to us. I would try to package him in a trade along with Glen Rice as someone else allready suggested.

9. OmegaSupreme

thanks doc, since clutch wasn't paying attention. :rolleyes: :D kidding.

i saw that he did pretty well in france also. it can't be a chump league if tony parker played there also (i'm assuming parker played there)... not that he's parkers clone or anything.

anyway, sooooooo... we have two things that utah wants... kyle hill and glen rice. i'm sure something could be worked out.

10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I heard he was a poor-mans Moochie Norris.

11. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

I think I'm the best seated to give you ppl some insight on this guy because he played in for my home(well almost! :D) team Pau-Orthez.
    For the past 2 years Kyle has been playing for the top 2 teams in the French league(was traded to Pau this year) and both times won the finals!He is a well named SG as that's basicly all he does!
    This year he wasn't in the starting line up because he was playing behind "Euro Jordan" :rolleyes: Michael Pietrus.But each times he comes in and gives a spark off the bench.
    His shooting numbers aren't great but he did make a couple of cluth shotes.
    IMHO I don't see him in a NBA rotation(9-10),maybe on the IR list but that's all I'd give him at the NBA level!
    I'll try to find his number's(this year and last).

ALA

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

A trade, huh? How about Kyle Hill for a second-rounder due before 2009, Utah's option. Or, if that's too rich for Utah, how about cash?

13. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

Thanks for the scoop, a la rockets, even if it's somewhat dispiriting.

And that's just what we need, a player who could make it on the IR list. I like to travel, I don't mind hospitals, and I enjoy to get paid for not working. Can I make it on the IR list?

14. OmegaSupreme

both missing the point. if there's any validity to the article i listed or any of the other reports that utah is looking for expiring contracts... if... then utah is interested in both hill and rice's expiring contract. that's the point i was trying to make.

if he sucks that bad then why not get rid of both and get something in return if somebody else wants them. :confused:

thanks for the extra info, a la. :)

15. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

You're right, and I agree. I was being facetious. If Utah has interest in Hill, it doesn't matter what we think of the kid.

16. Summer Song Giver

I wouldn't give Rice away if Utah wanted Hill. Give them one thing they want and get rid of something we don't want. Hill and Mooch for an expiring contract or Hill and Mo for an expiring contract.

How's this?

Houston trades: PF Maurice Taylor (8.4 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 1.0 apg in 20.6 minutes)
    C Kelvin Cato (4.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 0.3 apg in 17.1 minutes)
    C Kyle Hill (4.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 0.3 apg in 17.1 minutes)
    Houston receives: C Greg Ostertag (5.4 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 0.7 apg in 23.8 minutes)
    C John Amaechi (2.0 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 0.4 apg in 9.5 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: -5.5 ppg, -1.7 rpg, and -0.2 apg.

Utah trades: C Greg Ostertag (5.4 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 0.7 apg in 23.8 minutes)
    C John Amaechi (2.0 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 0.4 apg in 9.5 minutes)
    Utah receives: PF Maurice Taylor (8.4 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 1.0 apg in 67 games)
    C Kelvin Cato (4.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 0.3 apg in 73 games)
    C Kyle Hill (4.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 0.3 apg in 73 games)
    Change in team outlook: +5.5 ppg, +1.7 rpg, and +0.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I understood that. But, I think it is based on the false idea that Utah would actually give us talent in a trade. The point of the Utah-Rice article is that Utah is willing to be paid to take players off the hands of other players. The only commodity they are offering is to reduce other teams' payrolls. In fact, they want other teams to pay them with draft picks for the service. Utah isn't interested in Rice or any other expiring contract -- they are interested in the draft picks they'd be paid to take over the salary hit for one year. It may be interesting for owners who want to run a profitable business, but not for fans who want the team to add talent.

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Then give them Mo, mooche and Kyle for a bag of peanuts. They get the salaries they need, they get a proven starting PF(expensive one), and young prospect and all they have to do is eat Moochies contract.

19. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

I wouldn't trade Cato for Amaechi and Ostertag, let alone Mo Taylor, Cato, and Hill. Cato is a good center, (jeeze that sounds weird) and if we trade him, we better get something good in return.

20. SLA

SLA Member

Are you kidding? Amaechi and Ostertag SUCK. Beyond sucky. They suck !@#$%!!! I'll give them Glen Rice...and I'll give them Mo Taylor and Kelvin Cato...but not for AMAECHI AND OSTERTAG. And let them have Kyle Hill! I was wondering the same thing about him a month ago...