1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kush Corner

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by WhoMikeJames, Aug 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

#1 WhoMikeJames, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i thought this thread was going to be about weed man.

3. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

i thought this thread was going to be about weed bro.

4. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

i thought this thread was going to be about weed dude.

5. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i thought this thread was going to be about weed yo

6. Anticope

Anticope Member

i thought this thread was going to be about weed dawg.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I lived nearby before the Wheeler station was built, and it had bums then too. Bums have to be somewhere, so I don't see it's a problem. That area looks quite a bit better now than it did 15 years ago. They built some new apartment buildings nearby, and there's some new nightlife just on the other side of the spur. I think the Sears building is the biggest impediment to that area (unfortunate, because it's an historic building). A new or renovated building on that plot would transform the area. Of course, then the bums would have to find a new place to go.

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

all freeways should end/terminate as they approach central business districts/downtown areas. just a haven for mischief and disgusting, unsafe conditions. have the freeways dwindle down into spurs until there is no more freeway left. this will get rid of the easy access, seedy hangouts.

9. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Interesting... Hopefully the powers that be heed this idea and secure the millions in funding needed to make it happen. Then before they start construction, come to their senses and reroute the money towards something like outreach, rehab, mental/physical health, education, and job training for addicts and the homeless.

10. ipaman

all those things already exists but many of these folks don't want them. you can't help someone who doesn't want help unless you have them committed. do you advocate committing people who refuse those services?

regarding the money, my idea would generate tons of money by creating new, amazing tax generating spaces and remove tax depressing locations. would help "centralize" the city more, encouraging more density and less traffic in time. if done correctly, new park space can be created and possibly connect to existing park space to create a massive web of public greenspace around in and around the city.

11. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe decriminalizing the version that doesn't cause overdose will prevent folks from designing legal versions that do cause overdose?

Just a thought.

1 person likes this.
  12. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i thought this weed was going to weed about weed weed.

13. ipaman

DEA, State and Local LEO, Judges, Lawyers, Prisons and Prison Guards, Big Tobacco, Big Alcohol, won't allow it. They reap all of the benefits why the rest of us suffer. Also religious folks talk about how it's evil while sucking down their whiskey, beer, and wine and choking on their cancer sticks.

14. AkeemTheDreem86

They smoke the real stuff (which has a multitude of medical benefits), they get thrown in jail.

They smoke the fake stuff, they die.

It's a win-win for racists.

15. Poloshirtbandit

Within like the past 6 months it's gotten incredibly worse though. I'm not sure what changed but there have to be at least a hundred+ homeless people that wander between Main St and the spur. I've seen them just dropping deuces out in the open with no care. I imagine something will be done around December or January.

1 person likes this.