1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kupchak says Lakers are playing to win in 2013-14

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by KDJ3, Jul 29, 2013.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The Lakers really ought to have chucked it in for the 2014 draft, but Kobe's determined to come back, you can't have amnestied both (former) All Stars that remain on the team (so they amnestied Metta), and the Lakers have a big rabid (delusional) fan base and large-money TV commitments.

So I understand the position they're in.

(dramatic pause)

Doggy style, submissive.

BA DA DUM, TSH! (high hat)

2. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Kobe's injury turns into a situation similar to what the Rockets dealt with in the TMac era. All the reports are that he's doing great and ahead of schedule and all that but and achilles rupture to someone one the wrong side of 30 is a serious injury. If he pushes himself too hard he's going to have nagging injuries the whole season. Maybe they can try to play him every other game.

3. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

No way in hell Kobe goes for that playing every other game crap. Mac wae done wayyyy before that. I do not think Kobe is done he may not be the player he was last year, but he has something left no way he ends his career like this.

4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not saying lakers are going to win it all but folks are quick to write them off.

LA and dallas are both teams that will probably make the playoffs or close enough.

I hate lakers and dallas as well but think it is premature to say they are going to be terrible.

5. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

If Nash visits Kobe's German medical team, the team has a shot to be better than last year. Because wowzer was he terrible.

6. thething

thething Contributing Member

I think the Lakers are trying to win but I just don't think they can...not enough talent.

Unfortunately...I don't think they are good enough for the 14th pick in this year's draft.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

MDA has become such a loser

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...still-doesnt-get-why-howard-left-for-rockets/

Still butthurt now

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Quick question- how is signing a bunch of washed up has beens on one year contracts "adding chemistry"?

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It has nothing to do with Melo, and everything to do with LA media bias. They assume that SOMEONE is gonna go there because they're the Lakers, and Melo happens to co-headline the free agency pool next season.

10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

They will be good enough to screw themselves out of a good pick and bad enough to not make the playoffs.

11. afk

afk Member

[​IMG]

Says it all.

1 person likes this.
  12. supdudes

supdudes Member

To be a has-been you need to be over the age of say, 28. Otherwise it's potential. Secondly, Jordan Farmar, Nick Young, and Chris Kaman are FAR from scrubs. Young is the only one that could potentially suck, but Farmar and Kaman have been there and proven themselves to be more than capable. Farmar adds chemistry due to him playing with Kobe and Pau. Kaman is an easy going person who has expressed his willingless to play on the Lakers. Chemistry only becomes a problem when egos get tangled, i.e. Dwight. These young guns still want to cement their legacy as legit players, and will not fight the proven leadership of Nash, Pau and Kobe. Bringing on Kurt Rambis, a part of the original staff that is familiar with Kobe, Pau, and Farmar helps chemistry as well.

Does that answer your question?

13. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Yes

Understand. Melo will not play for Dantoni though.

14. FatChad

FatChad Rookie

I feel bad for Nash but that's what he gets for going to his biggest rival.

15. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

it makes Dwight to be the scapegoat for all their failure last season.

bringing Farmar and Rambis back is just to give the fans something nostalgic and familiar to cling to the glory years, IMO.

hell if you can't bring back Phil Jackson (something the fans still believe can and will happen), bring back his top assistant and make it look like Coach D'Antoni reached out to him as an assistant.

Farmar, Young, and Kaman are serviceable role players in their positions.

16. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

OK

Hardly elite though. Looks like a tough year for LA. Too bad for them. :)

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Nobody wants to play with Kobe.

Seriously though. Dantoni is an idiot and every time he opens his butthurt mouth to say "I DONT KNOW WHY HE LEFT SUCH A WONDERFUL CITY LIKE LA AND ITS ORGANIZATION" he gives more and more credence to the theory that nobody wants to go ring chasing in LA because of Kobe Bryant and his egomaniacal persona.

18. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I heard that interview, it really doesn't sound bad. D'Antoni speaks at a high pace so he ends up with some questionable words choices. when you listen to it, in the correct order, it doesn't sound like a snide towards Dwight at all. To the opposite, more like "i'd love him here, but he has a right to choose, and i don't want to get into speculations".

19. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

I still think that, if healthy, they have a better fit team than they did with Howard. Then again, I can't imagine Kobe will be able to come off a torn Achilles that quickly, and Nash and Gasol are pretty damn old. If they can hover around .500 for the first half of the season and integrate Kobe back into the offense around mid season, I think they could be a 7th seed at best, and I never count a semi-healthy Kobe out of the mix.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is just not meant to be for the big cities... NY, LA and probably Chicago

He can go to his Arizona, Oklahoma or Milwaukee team