1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Kung Fu Cinema] Ong Bak 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Apr 10, 2010.

Tags:
  1. VanityHalfBlack

Looks like 300 with some Muay Thai in the mix..

<object width="650" height="366"><param name="movie" value="http://twitchfilm.indieclicktv.com/player/embed/97b1fda2ca43d6c29eaf63ed1ec347c6/4bbfb4c025a20/31/0/defaultPlayer^player.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://twitchfilm.indieclicktv.com/player/embed/97b1fda2ca43d6c29eaf63ed1ec347c6/4bbfb4c025a20/31/0/defaultPlayer^player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="650" height="366"></embed></object>

2. bladeage

bladeage Member

I hope they never stop making these. Ong Bak 1 is a classic in my opinion, Ong Bak 2 had some amazing fight scenes.

Nobody can **** with Tony Jaa.

#2 bladeage, Apr 10, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  3. VanityHalfBlack

I prefer the Ong Bak 2 storyline than the 1st movie.. I just love the ancient medieval times/gladiator pit setting and the crazy costumes and weapons...

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

The first part of the clip looks like the Passion of Christ for Asians.

1 person likes this.
  5. TMac'n

TMac'n Member

I've seen Ong Bak 1 and I enjoyed that even though it was a bad story line. Been meaning to watch Ong Bak 2, but just haven't yet. I thought Tom Yum Goong was decent and was watchable/entertaining.

This one however, doesn't look to appealing to me. With the whole evil spirit tag line to it, I think I'll be skipping the theater when it comes out here in Bangkok.

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

I honestly don't think I've ever seen so much man-screaming in so little amount of time.

7. bladeage

bladeage Member

You should see me when I watch the Rockets play the Jazz.

8. bladeage

bladeage Member

Considering you are familiar with Tony Jaa movies, you should know better than most that the point of his movies isn't the storyline. It is to simply watch him kick the most amount of ass, in the most awesome ways possible.

9. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Member
    Supporting Member

I just finished watching part 2 online, let me know if you want link

10. VanityHalfBlack

Is it dvd quality??? I hate that choppy/ pixelated seed crap... I want to get the bluray edition...

11. Prettyfly

Prettyfly Member

We want the link.

12. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

This guy 15mins of fame is over. Saw the first Ong Bak and it was great but his style gets pretty boring after awhile. What make it even worst is when he open his mouth. The same thing with Jet Li when he also open his mouth.

13. jo mama

jo mama Member

the protector is pretty awesome too - there is one fight scene that is 1 continuous take which goes on for about 5 minutes. i dont know how many times they had to shoot it, but the choreography is amazing.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yXIGP6_fNZk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yXIGP6_fNZk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

14. FFz

FFz Member

THAT WAS THE MOST AMAZING THING SINCE MY FIRST TIME DISCOVERING p*rn!

O-M-G

15. VanityHalfBlack

Don't F*** with his elephant.. He gonna break them fools off!!!

16. TMac'n

TMac'n Member

I have to agree this is an awesome scene, it made up for the whole movie since the rest of it seemed like it was all scrapped together just to make a movie.

17. TMac'n

TMac'n Member

That's why I just stick to American films, i like a good story :grin: There haven't been a lot of Thai movies that I have really enjoyed. Tony Jaa is not as popular in Thailand as you would think either. Thai people are more interested in there soap opera stars :mad:

Thanks but, I can buy it bootlegged for less than $3 here in excellent quality :grin:

18. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Member

With these type of movies, it's great when you don't want to think. Watch it Ong Bak with a bunch of guys drinking beer. It's pretty awesome.

19. Uprising

Uprising Member

That continuous fight scene was awesome.

Did they kill his cow or something? Or elephant? LOL.