1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kubiak Must Go?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by dandorotik, Nov 29, 2009.

1. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Member

Agreed. And that's the tightrope they're gonna have to walk. I'd be fine with Gruden or Cowher; but you gotta do it quietly and you have to have some sort of commitment before you let Kubiak go.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This is a great spot for a coach to come in right now. Holmgren or Cowher would be my choices. Either one could easily take this team to the playoffs next season. Get some talent for the defensive backfield and shore up the offensive and defensive lines, maybe a big back (Toby Gerhart?) and this team is golden.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Draft Colt McCoy in the 2nd round - problem solved.

;)

DD

4. RocketMania1991

No chance Kubiak gets fired mid-season.

5. VesceySux

VesceySux Member

I disagree with the people who are waiting to decide on Kubiak's fate until the final 5 games have been played. Because we are pretty much out of the playoff race now (3 teams ahead of us, record-wise, Jets own the tie-breaker, and Tenn has a slightly better divisional record), the next 5 games are more or less meaningless. Look for the team to suddenly play well now that the pressure of a playoff push is off, just like last year. Total fool's gold. In GAMES THAT MEANT A DAMN, Kubiak and the team just didn't cut it, and because you can't really fire players, the current regime has got to go.

6. Smokey

Smokey Member

I don't think a new coach would want to take over for the final 5 games, but firing a lame duck head coach and naming an interim to light a spark wouldn't be a bad idea. It would send a message that everyone is playing for his position next year.

7. texanskan

texanskan Member

Texans have to run the table to make the playoffs, if they don't he needs to go period

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I didn't mean mid-season just this team. Poor wording on my part.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I think they need to make the playoffs for him to stay, if Cowher is really interested.

9-7 might do it...but I still think you talk to Cowher.

DD

10. texanskan

texanskan Member

Texans are in tie breaker hell

10-6 is the only chance they have

11. conquistador#11

what needs to be done is, we, members of clutchfans must organize a charity and have kubiak wear a peyton manning jersey. Who knows, maybe it motivates the team and we win out. :grin:

12. rockets934life

If you want to see why Kubiak needs to go then check out the Steelers/Ravens game...The Steelers are going with a THRID string QB and are close to beating the Ravens on the road. Good coaches prepare there team for victory not just for success. Kubiak sets the Texans up for success and to look really good but Tomlin has them setup for victory no matter the way it may look. Kubes is a good man and overall good coach but just not happening here, time to go and McNair needs to open up his vast wallet.

13. Refman

Refman Member

I seriously doubt that McCoy will be a good NFL QB...just like Chris Simms.

Jordan Shipley, on the other hand, will be a pro bowl WR.

14. sammy

sammy Member

Where is he projected? We could replace Walter with Shipley. No need for Jacoby if this happens either.

15. droxford

droxford Member

The good news AND the bad news is....

Kubiak is, at best, a mediocre coach.

That's good because, after years of crappy coaching, it's nice to have a coach that can bring us up to playing .500 ball, possibly even bringing in a winning season.

...but...(and here's the bad news)...

A mediocre coach isn't going to give you much better than that.

All you "one more year" people...
    I agree that Kubiak has improved this team and I like knowing that our owner has shown loyalty to the coach. But ask yourself: Do you really believe Kubiak can have this team contending for a championship next season?

When I ask myself that, my resounding answer is "Nope."

And with that in mind, I ask myself, "Could a coach like Cowher or Dungy have this team contending for a championship next season?" and my resound answer is "ABSOLUTELY!" That sounds really exciting to me.

And with that in mind, I feel that, if we could land a championship-quality coach, I'd get rid of Kubiak. And I'd do that with no animosity at all toward Kubiak - he's done a great job of bringing us out of the depths of despair, and for that I'm thankful. But it's time for the team to reach the next level, and I just don't believe Kubiak can get us there.

16. Refman

Refman Member

I really do not know, but I have my doubts that he will still be there late in the second round.

17. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I saw this over at Texans Talk, and found it amusing. Its kind of trippy how they have almost the same look on their faces, and sad too.

[​IMG]

18. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AH the sky is falling! OMG! Relax people. We got beat by a far superior team. Granted it makes 3 losses in a row. We will take care of business the next 4 weeks and head into the New England game with a chance @ 10 wins. There is still plenty of football to be played. If you want to jump off...fine go cheer for the Cowgirls. It's okay to be disappointed but to be demanding wholesale changes when we are just a game out of WC is insanity.

These losses really magnify how important OD is to this team.

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

does any of this excuse the horrible coaching done by Kubiak?

20. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Member

I don't think 9-7 will make the playoffs. With that being said, Kubiak needs to go. Cowher will save this team.