1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KT on the Astros post game show

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sabirk, Jun 23, 2002.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Name one cry baby punk that got over it and led their team to a chamionship besides Dream. Dream became more religous and that changed his attitude.

2. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

So sad. How quickly they forget. "Oh she cheated on her last boyfriend.... but she hooked up with me. She loves me. She'd never do that to me."

Steve Francis destroyed the ability of Vancouver to have an NBA franchise. Steve plays, they win, they draw local crowd support. Or, better yet, he doesn't give the town an air of stank by insinuating to fellow NBA players that it's legit to not go to Vancouver.

Steve Francis is an immature punk. He's on our time, and that's the only reason why we honor his athletic skills right now. Were he on another team, everyone here would point out, as do Grizzlie fans do now, that he's a dork. Or better yet, we'd all realize that he's a short shooting guard posing as a point guard.

I think it was heypartner that made me realize that the only reason why Francis doesn't want to play the two is because he doesn't want to have to guard his typically taller sg counterpart. He certainly isn't doing anything to show his point guard skills (as subtomic so eloquently pointed out in the long thread).

Hell, none of us actually even have to chime in... as Cuttino Mobley said himself "with someone other than Steve Francis handling the duties of the point guard... it's over".

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Did I miss something? When did Francis come out and publically diss Ming. If I said I didn't know something about every dude I never met before, I guess I would be the biggest disser of all time. "What do you think of Smoothe01, Oski2005?" "I don't know, I've never met the guy. I don't know how he'll help my posts." "Damn Oski2005! Why are you being such an *******?" "I mean, you totally disrespected the guy for no reason even though you didn't say anything negative about him." "You need to go you piece of crap!" "Sure, I know that I'm the one that's actually being a mean and closed minded jerk, but It's easier to be mad at you. . ."

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Exactly, has anyone heard Steve actually diss Ming? Didn't think so, so let's just stop all the badmouthing. I like KT, but he is in a bad position. Too small to deal with PF's in the West, not quick enough to be a SF, and is on a team with 2 other startable PFs. What do you do? Griffin is most likely not going anywhere, Taylor still has to prove himself, can't forget that we are paying him a fortune, but is our strongest, biggest PF. KT is in a very tough position, if he can move us up from our #15, we should definitely do it.

5. TRADECUTTINO

TRADECUTTINO Member

Horrible analogy. Any team minded point guard should be thrilled with the fact of getting a 7'6 big man consdered by your own scouts as "the real deal" The same scouts that traded for your whiney azz... wait a minute.... : ). Imagine for a second your a point guard, and someone considerablly talented is about to join the team. A team oriented PG responds in one version, and a selfish little prick responds in another version. Guess what category Steve fits into?

6. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

What makes you think that Steve will not see the lignt at the end of the tunnel? He will, just be patient.

7. MysticRyder

MysticRyder Member

Rockets didn't let Hakeem go he chose to leave.

8. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Must every thread be hijacked by you Steve Rules/Steve Sucks people? Thread is about KT being on the Astros post game show. Yes he mentioned Steve, but there are only about 11 bajillion other threads for you guys to say and resay the same things over and over and over again.

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

achebe- my post had nothing to do with vancouver in which case the incident is similar but no rocket fan is complaining about that. steve never wanted to be there not because of the city but because of his career at pg. obviously bibby was equally capable. vancouver knew this but took him anyway. john elway (national football hero) did the exact same thing.

this is about the ming/rockets bashing or lack thereof. steve has never b****ed about management and has never publicaly bashed a teammate/future teammate. i think he's moved far from the vancouver incident but people will still label him with that.
    this also goes with the "this guy played for maryland so obviously he is best friends with steve and we might draft him because of that." please.

htownhero - that's so true, i apologize to the thread starter. i just feel steve get's alot of unfair flak.

10. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

rotflmao :D

11. sabirk

sabirk Contributing Member

No problem BigM. I think the whole point in him mentioning Steve was to illustrate the fact that he isn’t integral or "in the loop" regarding the Rockets decisions as say Steve may be. I’m sorry if it was taken out of context.

#31 sabirk, Jun 23, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2002
  12. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Yikes. Better than Bill Walton or Kareem? That's a bit of an stretch.

13. lpbman

lpbman Member

So is everyone going to support my Francis for Gasol trade now?

14. TroyBaros

TroyBaros "Special" Friend of Steve Francis

Kobe Bryant
    Scottie Pippen
    Robert Parish
    I can go on?

15. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

ROTFLMAO.

Did you really type that TB? Each of those guys relied on 3 of the greatest players to ever play the game to get their rings.

Thanks for making our point. You are a very, very silly person....

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Kobe Bryant did not lead his team, Shaq did. He just got of the way. If you replace Kobe with any all star guard including Francis, they would still win a championship.

Scottie Pippen did not lead his team. I think he played with a decent guard who happened to be the best player to play the game. Scottie was always a cry baby punk. He never got over it.

Parish was the third most important person on his team. He did not lead anyone. I don't remember Parish complaining when they drafted Bird.

If Francis would get out of the way of team ball like the players you mentioned, then we would all be happy.

17. carlit0

carlit0 Member

Here we go again, more crying from the Steve Francis bandwagoners.
    Jump off, but you will have to get back on later.

Keep crying.

18. Stevie Francis

forget you kt you broke sot mother u know what. I want you gone! You don't pass worth crap to griff cause u are scared he will be better than you. And your ugly to.