1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KT hates the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stylez, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Stylez

Stylez Member

I was down on South Beach at the club last night and low and behold I see ex-Rock Kenny Thomas walk in the place. I was somewhat shocked since I had just seen the Sixers play in NJ in the afternoon but hey it was 2AM and have the Sixers were in the building so its cool. I decided to go over and shake his hand and say whats up. I went over to him and dab'd him up and said we miss you in Houston (I didn't really mean it but hey I was trying to be nice). What he said shocked tha hell out of me, he said, and I quote, "man f%#k Houston!" And I said man KT c'mon and he said it again. I then said hey at least you got traded to Philly and you be in the playoffs for sure and he said "yeah so f%#k Houston!" I was like alright Kenny keep your head up and he shook my hand again and he left.

I really didn't know how to feel. I wasn't really that upset, I had just finished watching the Rox take sole control of the 8th seed and I was having a great time at the club. I really didn't know KT had that in him and that encounter was really different from the a couple of weeks ago when I meet Walt Williams and told him the same think and he was like thanks for the love. I guess KT didn't like the way he was handled in his last days in H-town. It was very interesting to say the least.

2. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

MY GOD. May I ask......how do you get to meet all these players?!? You're lucky!!!

Well uhh...I don't know if I should believe you. And of course...he probably said that because he was traded. And he is mad. And if someone went to James Posey or some other guy who was traded privately and said, "We miss you in Denver." Well actually.....Posey would have said, "Yeah...thanks." But in his mind, he was probably thinking, "Thank God I escaped." But yeah. I can't believe that....he hates the Rockets. I don't care! When's the next game between the Rockets and 76ers?

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Well we kind did screw him over little bit. Even though he was the best PF at the time and worked his butt off to improve, we traded him for jack. Oh well, I hope he doesn't kill us when we play Philly.

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Member

maaan, f%#k Kenny Thomas.

5. Stylez

Stylez Member

Well LiTtLeY, I go to the clubs a lot down here and I am luck to meet a lot of athletes, rappers, and actors. Most are pretty cool and just like the attention of someone noticing that they are athletes. I still can't believe KT said that but maybe I shouldn't be that surprised. When I went to the Rox v. Heat game in December EG got all the playong time in the 4th and in OT and did a pretty good job I remeber seeing EG hit a turnaround jumber late in the 4th and nearly everyone on the bench was clapping except KT and I think (I repeat THINK) I saw KT shaking his head like "I could have done that". I obviously wasn't in Houston when the trade went down so exactly how bad did KT get jerked?

6. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

It was just a surprise. Before a game, they just annouced that he was traded.

Well anyways. If you witnessed him on that day vs the Heat....the Rockets will do better without him. The Rockets need CONFIDENCE AND MOTIVATION AND TEAMWORK AND CHEMISTRY. I know it sounds dumb...but they have to be supportive and caring and loving to each other. :)

NO JEALOUSY. It looks like our team is happy now...we just need a shooter.

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Same ol' cheerful KT we grew to know and love!! Mr. Smiles hasn't changed a bit!

8. BmwM3

BmwM3 Member

When I see him play with the 76ers he does not look happy at all.He looks like he is really pissed, never smiling.

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

hey stylez...how big are you? you should have given that b**** some attitude back.

10. Nova

Nova Member

I think that's pretty much the way he plays the game. He takes games pretty seriously and hustles. I liked KT when he was on the rox... but it was right to get rid of him. Dunno how the rox went about it though, maybe he has a right to be pissed at the Rox.

11. BmwM3

BmwM3 Member

its like when he was with the rockets, he showed no emotion, but with 76ers he looks pissed.sorta like this :mad:

12. AGBee

AGBee Member

He's just mad because the Rockets didn't give him that big fat contract. He was very stressed worrying about how he was going to feed his family.

13. DJ

DJ Member

Kenny Thomas generally is not a guy who talks a lot, smiles or show emotions. I remembered when Yao Ming got his 20 point game against the Lakers and everyone on the Rocket bench was extremely ecstatic. Then there was Thomas with a serious face. Crack a smile at least.

14. BmwM3

BmwM3 Member

The lowest pay in the NBA is still alot of money. SO I don't think he is stressed out about that.

15. Dave2000

Dave2000 Member

I notice alot of times when Kenny has no emotion, but hell even Tmo and EG get emotional at times. I remember watching the halftime segment of the Bucks/Rocks game (New Year's Eve)where they showed what happend since the start of the season. I always saw KT just sit there looking like they lost by 50 after every crucial play they showed. Plus, check out the interview from Media Day on the website. Didnt look like he wanted to be on the team at all. All I give credit for KT is that he didnt express his displeasure with his playing time during his stay here. Even MoT was pissed and told the media when he didnt play for 2 straight games.

16. Powerslave

Powerslave Member

Kenny Thomas sucks. F@#k him.

He does have talent, but he always seemed to lack motivation.

It was a great trade. James Posey is twice the player Kenny Thomas was. James Posey gives 110 percent every game, and he plays with passion. It doesn't matter to me if he sometimes gets a little hot headed or plays recklessly. I would rather have that than have Kenny Thomas, who often times just disappears during games.

Screw Kenny Thomas and his attitude.

17. Stylez

Stylez Member

Originally Posted by robbie380
    Man I'm only 6ft and 175, I think KT would beat that (bleep) out of me ;)

18. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Member

well, after watched some 76ers' games i can understand why he was so mad: he don't get alot playin' time down there, and nobody pass him the ball. and after all, h-town is his home, it won't feel so good to be trade out.

19. finalsbound

finalsbound Member

My girlfriend's answer after reading this:

"Oh, **** Kenny Thomas. He never did anything for our team. He's so ugly and rude. At least James Posey could be on the cover of GQ."

Heh heh.

My answer:

"Eh. Go screw yourself, Kenny."

20. playahata

playahata Member

He's just mad because he can't be a black hole in Philly, AI won't put up with that.