1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kristaps Porzingis

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by rockets2012, Apr 30, 2014.

1. basketballholic

Orlando won't trade him if he's there at #5.

Let's narrow it down to the top 2.

The top 2 before Porzingis was injected into the conversation was KAT and Russell.

I really think Philly's choice at #3 is going to be between Mudiay, Okafor, and Porzingis. I still think Russell and KAT go 1-2. And it makes a lot of sense to me for Philly to take Porzingis at 3. They're not wanting to go to the playoffs next season. They want one more season in the lottery. And Kris Dunn and others will be there in next year's draft. Besides that now with Embiid dinged and his future unsure...it makes it even more concerting for Philly. Not to mention I suspect they really want to trade Noel for as much asset value as they can if Embiid is healthy. I don't think is a long-term keeper for Philly. They may be able to get a team like Milwaukee to part with a first for Noel. Then they can go with Embiid (if healthy) and Porzingis up front and build out the rest of the backcourt next off season.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Did you really say they don't want to be in playoffs next season and therefore won't draft a PG? You really think a rookie PG+Noel, Covington and d-leaguers would be contenders for a playoff spot, with the Pacers getting back George, healthy Miami, rejuvenated Charlotte, better Orlando etc?

3. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

Excellent mix tape featuring rim destruction Tom Chambers-ish:

[youtube]acEf5TlynOY[/youtube]

4. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Looks like Capela with a 3 point shot.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I suspect the reasons we might be getting some rumblings of Porzingis to Philly at 3 is because Russell might be gone in the top 2.

I can't blame the Twolves for thinking about taking him... though with Rubio and LaVine, and their PG drafting history, seems like a risk to pass on KAT when he'd be a great fit with LaVine and Wiggins going forward.

I think the Lakers here can and should go Russell. I hope they don't, because I hate the Lakers. But Russell with Kobe for a year. Then with Randle - if he can come back from injury strong. Then with maybe a big FA signing - like Kevin Love. You could see that working.

Basically, what I'm saying is, I'm angry the Rockets don't have a chance to draft Russell... haha!

6. lastmanstanding

Anyone know this guy's vertical?

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

My source has told me Minny is considering Russell for the 1st pick.

8. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

Woj on board the bandwagon: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/meet-t...-the-flops-who-came-before-him-193427860.html

Quotes from guys who have played against Porzingis:

Kevin Garnett: “I love his face-up game. He’s got that mid-range shot. I’ve seen a lot of tape where he plays against guys like Shaq [O’Neal], a guy he can’t bang inside with. So faces up, does his little step-back move … Amazing.”

LaMarcus Aldridge: “That step-back he has, how he uses his body to get a little contact – he’s a master. He steps back to get the distance, to get his shot off.”

Anthony Davis: “When he gets the ball, he’s already making his move. He’s so aggressive going to the basket, getting fouled. And he’s extending his range.”

9. ironariza

ironariza Member

who have played against Porzingis????
    how did you know that? you think?

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

For a different take

http://www.bazegod.com/sports/2015/5/20/kristaps-porzingis-the-great-white-nope

I'm seeing way too much Zarko Cabarkapa in Porzingis! Zarko was a bit bulkier, Porzingis looks slightly less floor bound - but I'd be shocked if Porzingis managed a vertical over 30 inches - and Zarko may have had a few more moves in his repetoire?

excerpt from the article:

The following article called Capela as a great prospect last year, and he also has a negative assessment on Porzingis
    http://hardwoodblues.com/tag/kristaps-porzingis/

Not feeling it myself - Zarko pt2!

11. Chamillionaire

WOW. :eek:

He looks like a Dirk Gasol Hybrid.

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Jesucristo, that's a mighty fine Latvian potato

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think

14. ironariza

ironariza Member

porzingis=Bargnani with defense, it is easy in top 5 this year

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Report: Sixers ‘leaning toward’ selecting Kristaps Porzingis with No. 3 pick in NBA Draft <a href="http://t.co/egnD0DnAUr">http://t.co/egnD0DnAUr</a></p>&mdash; Kurt Helin (@basketballtalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/611894091190677504">June 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is also more athletic than Bargnani. His lean frame is a drawback though, I don't think he is soft, but he definitely needs to get stronger. Will his height, cause problems with his feet? Philly can't afford to make a mistake here.

17. PointZero

PointZero Member

That's a very good comparison. A taller, more skilled Capela.

18. PointZero

PointZero Member

Exactly.

19. Chamillionaire

I guess you couldn't go wrong with either Russell or KP here.

20. nobie

nobie Member

Nowitzki with hops? sign me up