1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[KRGV News] 15-year-old Student dies after shooting at a middle school

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SwoLy-D, Jan 4, 2012.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I agree. Just a kid that needed help he never received. It sucks..

2. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

It is def unfortunate but not much else could have been done. My brother was involved in a suicide by cops a few years ago. The guy had a shotgun and pointed it at a cop, afterwards they found out it was not loaded. They felt bad but how would they know? I have been trying to find a link, chronicle use to have it online but I gave up.

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Not sure if this was a "suicide by cops" case or not, but "suicide by cops" has got to be the most dick thing to do ever. If you want to kill yourself, just kill yourself. Don't be a coward and ruin someone else's life before you go.

4. southernjustice

southernjustice Contributing Member

I live in the Brownsville area and have a lot of friends that work in the school district word on the street is the gun was taken to school by another kid the victim was not a trouble maker he persuaded the other kid to give him the bb gun so he could turn it in the victim was walking down the hall and was confronted by the cops witnesses says the he put his hands in the air and said please don't shoot its a bb gun and the cops opened fire of course the cops are gonna say it was justified.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Hard to 'talk someone down' when they are pointing a gun at you, refusing to drop it and may pull the trigger at any time during your solioquy.

6. VanityHalfBlack

Lazy to read the whole story but when did the student and faculty knew he had a gun?? How fast did the cops show up?? Was he holding people hostage??? Was there a way to tackle the kid from behind and then subdue him later??

7. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

That is not what happened. I suggest you actually start reading the reports. The kid had already punched another student before the cops had even arrived on scene. Students claimed he had numerous opportunites to put the gun down and refused.

8. Relentless

Relentless Member

The faculty suspected he was a member of the Zetas from mexico, and they were right. He was heavily armed, kinda like Neo in the Matrix. The cops were nearby arresting a teen for for a dime sack. Luckily they got there as fast as they could. He held the faculty hostage and let all the students go. There was a a standoff for about 2 hours as they exchanged gunfire with the suspect.

It was unreal dude, can't believe you didn't hear about this.

9. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

[​IMG]