1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPjr Total - points/assists/rebounds - 28 OVER or UNDER?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jun 25, 2022.

1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Oh you're still on your weird obsession to discredit Jalen Green? Got it. Jalen Green is clearly the most talented player on the roster even though you hate being wrong. You could put KPJ on the trade block now and you'd get a late first rounder (same as Wood) because he's a losing player. Of course you support that...because...I'll let you fill in the blanks

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL.....I never mentioned Jalen Green at all, what a weird take.

Is that what your odd hatred for KPJ is based on? Are you worried that he'll upstage Green? That's ridiculous.

The two are personal friends and complementary players, one doing well helps the other. Pointing out the obvious fact that as of right now KPJ is the most talented player on the roster isn't a knock on anyone else....it's just an obvious fact. No one else has the combination of PG skills, defense, shooting, and the ability to create for themselves. Jalen Green could eventually develop those skills, but that's not where he's at right now. That doesn't mean he didn't have a phenomenal end of the season, he did, but his game isn't anywhere near as well rounded as KPJ's as of right now. There's literally no argument otherwise.

So getting back to the actual discussion, you want to dump the most talented player on the roster, that's incredibly stupid. My assumption was that this incredibly stupid idea was based on some weird cognitive bias, and you've confirmed that.

maj21 likes this.
  3. King1

You spent half a season ******** on him and now you're referring to KPJ as "the most talented player on the roster" which is an obvious slight and couldn't be farther from the truth.

Again, if we made KPJ available we'd get a late first round pick. Very few teams would have any interest whatsoever. He's a losing player. He'll always lose because he's a clown. Personally, I would prefer not to have someone like that in a locker room full of young players.

You can call my opinion stupid and that's cool, but your track record speaks for itself as does mine. Just a helpful hint

TheJuice likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, this is just you doubling down on the reason for your laughable hot takes being some odd obsession with a player that isn't involved in this discussion in any way.

I criticized Green for half a season when he was performing like the worst player in the league.....and then I praised him when he turned things around after the all star game. The fact that you are still crying about criticism being given at a time when it was valid.....in a thread that has literally nothing to do with that is pretty hilarious to me.

It's interesting that you don't even attempt to address what was said, that KPJ is currently the most talented player on the roster based on the fact that he's the only player with the combination of PG skills, shooting, defense, and ability to create their own shot.....you know it's true, but you want to throw a temper tantrum about it anyway.

Anyway, perhaps seek some help dealing with your strange obsession.

Good luck.

DaDakota likes this.
  5. King1

Lol. I have a weird obsession with a player? That's high comedy coming from you.

He's not the most talented player on the roster. I want them to trade him so that speaks to my feelings on him as a player. He's a losing player. Plain and simple. That's why we got him for basically nothing and "the best player on the roster " navigated the team to the worst record in basketball. He's not good. Best case he's Jamal Crawford

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So again, you say "no" but you back that up with absolutely nothing. LOL.

Okay, I've had my fun laughing at you, run along little one, grown folk are talking.

7. King1

It's cute you get to talk like that on the internet as it's the only thing in your life lol. Bum

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure if I ever ran into someone that laughably foolish out in the real world, I'd handle it pretty much the same way. Laugh at their foolishness for a little while, then tell them to run along.

In fact, I know for certain I've done EXACTLY that on countless occasions.

I know, I know, you REALLY want to play internet tough guy and talk about I wouldn't laugh at you because you believe that you are ten foot tall and bulletproof. Gotcha. LOL

9. King1

Sure lol

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

KPJ and Green our the cornerstones of this franchise and they compliment each other - let's let them grow.

DD

PatBev and maj21 like this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I personally don't think kpj is the most talented player on the team bc that sht is subjective and we all know how bias double d and booby is to kpj.

I just think folks acting like scrubs/brand new rookies can surpass kpj for the pg position b4 they even play a min of nba is funny, that's all.

PatBev likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's really not subjective. I set out objective terms for why I called him that. Tell me what player on the team as of right now can compare with KPJ's mix of skills when it comes to defense, shooting, PG skills, and shot creation.

You can find players who excel at maybe one or two of those, but not all of them.

More high tier skills = more skilled.

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Yea I'm not going to get into your way of assessing kpj. I still recalled u calling mathews and Porter the star guards on the team just to sht on green.

Who knows if king1 is right if u just saying sht to take down green, with your history of how bias u are against him.

All I know is folks like to act kpj is a bum that can easily b traded and replaced which is weird. It's unfair to disregard the growth of kpj just bc of his past transgressions. I personally think he has potential to b a vital player on this team as long as he locks it in.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So in short, you can't disagree with what I said in any intelligent fashion, but you feel like you have to say something anyway because a simpleton made a ridiculous claim that I said the obviously true things I said about KPJ as a slight to another player that has nothing to do with anything in this thread.....

Fair enough.

15. King1

You're hilarious. What a sad existence you live. Nice post count lol.DD jr

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Like I said, your assessment of kpj is very subjective to me and one could say bias based on how u clearly use kpj and others last season to sht on green with every chance u get.

If kpj is as talented and skilled as u proclaim, u figured a lot more folks would share the same opinion and not want to trade him. No it's not cause they all aren't intelligent as u or unbiased as u (pffft), they potwntially see something to kpj game that they just don't like.

Personally I don't think he is the most talented one or the best player on the team as how u and double d likes to paint it, but that's just me.
    I also don't think he as bad as other folks like to paint him and should b on the trading block.

Folks have opposing views. It happens. Folks like wood for his stats, I hated wood cause of his playstyle and wanted him gone. Am I now unintelligent for not using stats?

U sure like to disregard folks post by questioning their intelligence, and what not. It hardly works cause folks remember u as the one that thought green potential/was the coming of Corey brewer 2.0.

17. maj21

maj21 Member

People are gonna get sensitive to this comment, but KPJ is our most skilled and talented player. I love Jalen, but KPJ can do way more on the court. His bag is deep, nobody will admit it bc they hate on him. All of this doesn’t mean he’s the best or is gonna be, he’s just more skilled. It’s kinda like how Kyrie may be the most skilled player in the league, but he’s not the best.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  18. HoustonFoodie

HoustonFoodie New Member

17 PPG
    6 ASSIST
    5 REBOUNDS

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You guys that carry old arguments about people are funny, move the hell on, opinions change, don't be so sensitive that your favorite wobby got criticized......it happens, move on......just enjoy the ride.

You hit some, you miss some, no need to carry grudges here, we are all Rocket fans.

Too many thin skinners.....

DD

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Opinions change but not everybody is like u to admit they miss some. Boobythegreat out here basically calling everybody a dumb@$$ when he gets called out on how hard he whiff on his premature assessment of green.

Takes a certain type of folks to own up to their whiffs.

I see this in November.
    Green's positive - highly athletic
    Green's negative - currently not good at basketball
    Give him a few years.

U think he admits he whiff? Nah he doubles down calling the rest of us idiots

HeyBudLetsParty likes this.