1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPjr has more to do with us winning games RIGHT NOW than anyone on the roster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The way I see it, that's always a good fall back position. But, he's made huge strides out top...

#161 Plowman, Jan 8, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
    burlesk likes this.
  2. bmelo

bmelo Member

What are you smoking? I want some

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's beside the point. :cool:

And the loss of best player/team synergy deal only works for the first game...

bmelo likes this.
  4. PWR

PWR Member

We saw what a real PG looked like yesterday. When Luka is out, and Jalen Brunson runs the show, he averages 19 points and 8 assists. He's ready for his own team. He's 25 years old and doesn't need development...just give him the ball. Stone needs to sign him in the offseason. Whatever it takes!

5. MystikArkitect

I cant see for the life of me what some on this forum see in KPJ. Everything he does, Jalen literally does better. The only reason he gets assist numbers is because his usage is so damn high.

This isn't a Green vs KPJ thing either. I dont want Green to be the PG. I just dont want KPJ to be the PG. Ever. The fact that Green is a better facilitator and shooter isn't a testament to Green so much as it is an indictment on Porter and his unreal lack of skills. He has no elite skills. At all. He drives to the baseline and can't get past his man. Doesn't draw fouls. He's an inconsistent shooter. He doesn't have vision. He sails passes or just outright turns it over.

Give Jalen the same usage rate and have him be the PG and he'd likely have similar assists (and TOs) to KPJ. He's literally PG Christian Wood. Except he actually defends I'll give him that.

6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

At this point if Stone & Silas can’t see this we are either tanking purposely or they need to be fired. To keep running KPJ out as the lead guard next year would be indefensible.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He's been worse on offense this year than last year. Strides backwards maybe

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Stone is holding out for Simmons or one of the Pacers brothers.

His choices are limited therefore going through the draft is one of his only options.

I think he is out of his depth when he tries to meddle with coaching decisions although Silas is not a good coach IMO.

TEXNIFICENT and PWR like this.
  9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm...r_id1=brunsja01&p2yrfrom=2022&sum=0&request=1

Brunson, with 4 years of extra development time...vs. KPJ now. Brunson is just shooting a little better.

Give KPJ those 4 years, what will he be then?

burlesk and Plowman like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

PWR likes this.
  11. PWR

PWR Member

Jalen Brunson is a leader that took Villanova to championship. He's been playing PG since he was 10 yrs old.

KPJ is an emotional wreck that throws fits when things don't go his way. He's been playing PG since about 30 games ago.

This coaching staff doesn't know how to develop. Get the guy that is already developed.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Good PG - pretty short to be a starter - but he is a nice piece...

DD

13. PWR

PWR Member

Taller than CP3.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

It's interesting how similar their stats are but one is an emotional wreck, one a born leader.

Folks really wanted Harden gone and expected another HOF to just roll up and take over.

15. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

100% agree! BUT Brunson played PG in college AND he's played several yrs in the NBA.

This is KPJ's 1st yr as a full time PG EVER....GIVE HIM TIME

Dankstronaut and Plowman like this.
  16. PWR

PWR Member

Who said anything about a HOFer? I just want a leader on this team. I want someone that knows what the hell they are doing. If you think a guy that quits at halftime and throws food at people is a leader, then I don't know what else to say.

tehG l i d e likes this.
  17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

this is the exact type of “stop gap” PG I’d love to see run this team for the next couple years.

18. PWR

PWR Member

I get it. I don't have the patience to wait 10 years for Silas to teach him to be a PG. I was willing to be patient at the beginning of the season, because I thought this coaching staff could develop him quickly. But, this coaching staff doesn't have a clue and KPJ doesn't have the feel for the position. You have to give them players that are already developed.

tehG l i d e likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

People said similar things about young Lowry who is an inch shorter.

Believe It! and PWR like this.
  20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with you. The TEAM defense is a problem but KPJ played well on "D", so did CWOOD.

The rookies are still learning. That's why I don't want a team full of 19yr old. This yrs top pick is it!