1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPjr has more to do with us winning games RIGHT NOW than anyone on the roster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jan 6, 2022.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

KPJ is Iverson now. Umkay.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, but there are many all star level players that had jaded past as youngsters.

Iverson
    Barkley
    Hakeem
    Artest

As they matured they became superstars......

KPJ did some stupid stuff as a kid - as long as he doesn't do that here and is growing you pay him what he is worth.

DD

eliefor3 and PatBev like this.
  3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

We don’t need to do anything until the off-season. We can see how he plays the rest of the year. If it is similar to his play the last 20 games, he is easily 4/80 or if he wants to bet on himself 2/40 or 3/60. We have to wait until we have the appropriate cap room so it will be in the off-season.

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

If you're the Rockets you have to be careful when assessing value because in this case you could easily overpay by bidding against yourself. Who's lining up to pay this kid? (You got him for a song). What's his trade value? His behavior makes it impossible to gauge is worth, that alone should lead to a very team friendly deal. They'd be nuts to go past the mid level on this kid and that is with some non guaranteed, team option years built in. Stone better cover his ass.

5. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Harden was the main ball handler playing with Durant/Westbrook already.

D-rock likes this.
  6. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

So far from history, if majority of people on here disagree with your take on a player (people wanting green over Mobley) and now wanting to get rid of KPJ.. that player will end up being really good.

D-rock likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's why ad populum arguments are fallacious. The majority is incredibly stupid a lot of the time.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

100% wrong

D-rock likes this.
  9. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

I also feel @D-rock is great at evaluating talent.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

From what I can remember, I tend to agree with him more than I disagree with him.

KingSamJack likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden was the 6th man at OKC.

And Harden himself has admitted how surprised he was when MDA first approached him to be Rockets starting PG.

eliefor3 likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Thanks man, appreciate the kudos.

eliefor3 and KingSamJack like this.
  13. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

I know Harden was the 6th man. But when he was playing Durant and Westbrook, he's actually running the play.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

wrong once again. he was never the primary playmaker in okc. this isn't even a questionable topic

D-rock likes this.
  15. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Okay. I remembered he was cooking the Spurs in the playoff.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think he is already above average, trending towards being good but needs consistency.

17. fattz

fattz Member

Porter is still himself. He left the arena in the middle of a game less than 2 months ago. The strip club incident from last year. He throws cheap shots at other players when he gets frustrated. These are things that we know about. What do we not know? We trade for a point guard and he is MIA. The other players were saying how nice it was to have a “true point guard”. We put Wall out for the year basically hand him the keys for HIS development and he can’t/want stay on the court. Things are not going well.

Its a lot like marrying your crazy girlfriend because the bedroom is so wonderfully great. Now she is your ex-wife and owns 1/2 your belongings. Sometimes it’s better to just let go; you and everyone else knew from the beginning it wasn’t going to work but…

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

A lot of you are butt hurt about a kid losing his cool, I don't see you complaining when Tom Brady breaks an Ipad and yells at his coach.

If you are worried about overpaying him, let him become a RFA and we have the right to match whatever offer he gets.

I am still convinced that at some point the org is going to have to decide between Scoot and Green and one will be traded.

DD

jcmoon likes this.
  19. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

indeed, kpj will probably be traded along with wood and or gordon. we are waiting for a disgruntled star and he'll be shipped out. i'd be shocked if rockets paid big dollars for a bad character guy. we bought low and we'll sell high. We are all in on green and sengun. i like kpj but at the end of the day this is a business.