1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPjr has more to do with us winning games RIGHT NOW than anyone on the roster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jan 6, 2022.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

2. conquistador#11

They took away a three from a Tate "offensive foul" and another 2pts on s Sengun "offensive foul"he missed the free points from FTs. Should have had 23 pts tonight ! Great to see him shooting the 3 ball

PatBev and Verbal Christ like this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I still hold firm that it would be best to get a real PG on this team and let KPJ be our SF.

Deckard and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  4. CCorn

CCorn Member

I see the resemblance when he’s in a suit on the bench.

DaDakota and Verbal Christ like this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well played sir, well played...!!

DD

6. marky :)

marky :) Member

Loving KPJ's play lately. He's picking his spots a lot better and it looks like the game slowed down for him. I see a lot of clutch shots and daggers in KPJ's future.

Even though Mobley looked like a unicorn out there, I'm still excited to see how the Green/KPJ backcourt plays out for the Rockets.

D-rock and Williamson like this.
  7. DaDakota

Yep, as Rocket's fans we all need to hope that works out.

We can wonder what if, but this is our team - we need to support it.

DD

D-rock and Roomba like this.
  8. PatBev

PatBev Member

KPJ more clutch in the 4th than I ever saw with Harden

Very rarely do you see a player visibly get almost overly excited to have the ball in tight game situations and drill multiple threes

Can’t wait to see him next year after having a full year under his belt

NewAge likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, you could do that, but then the ball would almost never be in Green's hands, especially if Sengun ends up in the starting lineup. Green would be the 4th ball handler.

I thought his fans wanted him to have the ball more, not almost never?

D-rock likes this.
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Silas Hater: The guy needs a 21-year old kid to give him coaching advice.
    @hakeem94

D-rock and DaDakota like this.
  11. DaDakota

What I don't see many talking about is how unselfish KPJ is being, I mean he could attack the rim almost every single time down the floor, but instead he is trying to run the point and get touches for his teammates - that is super encouraging and shows how unselfish and coachable he is.....

He is really an attacking SG, learning a brand new position, and has figured it out well enough to get those averages back into respectable these last 20 or so games - and his turnovers are coming down.

So the experiment is working it seems - and he is helping others more than himself.....

IMHO, if he wanted to, he could easily be averaging 20ppg, but he is playing his role - which gives me hope.
    DD

KingSamJack, Deckard, PatBev and 2 others like this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Sengun isn't a ball handler. He is a post playmaker. Even the best passing big man in arguably league history with Jokic needs a team with a pg because Jokic isn't a primary ball handler.

This isn't even a negative take on Sengun. Green is a far superior ball handler to Sengun because Sengun is a big man. Would you ever trust Sengun to bring the ball up on a full court press? Hell no and no one should expect him to as he's a big man post player.

Stop with these absurd takes.

And for what you percieve as a cast gulf of difference in their playmaking, their assist/to ratio is near identical and that's with Green mostly playing against full starting line ups and Sengun playing against mostly bench line ups

Verbal Christ likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sengun already is one of the focal points of the offense he simply makes the offense work...... and he's still having rookie struggles. He's only going to get better from here.

So call it what you want, but if we add another pure PG, that just pushes Green down the pecking order even further.

The offense is going to be run through KPJ, Sengun, and theoretical pure PG ahead of Green..... so maybe his cultists should beware what they are wishing for, they wouldn't like it if they got it.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Where would 19 year old KPJ land in the pecking order for who has the ball in their hands on this team?

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty low currently, but after some trades are made and guys like Wood and Gordon are gone, Green could rise a bit..... unless of course we pick up a pure PG to pair with KPJ and Sengun. Those 3 would run the offense almost always.

If his cultists wasn't Green to have the ball more adding yet another person to run the offense ahead of him should be the last thing they want.

16. alethios

alethios Member

The more you speak the more I am left with the belief that Green fans aren't nearly as obsessed with him as you are. You are the Anti-Green.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, what a stupid comment.

What in your mind is "anti-Green" about what I just said? I'm merely saying if you want the ball in his hands more, don't add even more guys ahead of him when it comes to handling the ball. That should be a simple enough concept for anyone to grasp.

18. xaos

xaos Member

Last night was one of KPJs better games at getting the offense going earlier as opposed to dribbling a bunch before asking for a pick and roll from Wood

conquistador#11 and D-rock like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

19 year old KPJ would have been in Cleveland.

Where he was drafted.

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Scooter will be a top PG in the league within 3 years. Put that in your pipe!