1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

KPJ mad at 2K rating

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Aug 21, 2021.

?

Should KPJ be in the 80s?

1. Yes

83 vote(s)
    63.8%
  2. No

47 vote(s)
    36.2%
  1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

lol I'm guessing they couldn't get a face scan for Sengun.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If I'm Sengun, I'm happy. He looks much more muscular and badass here.

hakeem94 and snowconeman22 like this.
  3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Is this for the Dreamcast?

4. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

But why?? He was at the draft, the summer league, and was there for the official rookie photo-shoot. If not at any of those, then when?

It's lame, but I'm pretty confident they just didn't make any point to get it. As someone who plays 2K quite a bit, this is seriously annoying. Even before face-scans they would actually try to make the player look like themselves. This one was straight up lazy.

The only thing I'll excuse, is if they do have his face-scan but just haven't had time to add it to the game yet. Knowing that they didn't put a ton of time into creating his look, that could make sense, but if not this is one of the laziest things I've seen them do.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I mean, they didn't even do Jae'Sean Tate, who played 70 games last season, started 50+, 1st team rookie, averaged over 10 ppg.

They didn't even do Evan Mobley, imagine how wack that is to buy a 70 dollar game as a Cavs fan. Like whats the point of a new game without the new players?

I'm hoping they get it done soon with a patch, the gameplay is actually pretty good this year, but as always they shamelessly release an offensively unfinished game. Last years 2k was the worst experience I've ever had with the series, they basically never fixed a hoard of problems, hopefully, this year is different.

hakeem94 and T FOR 3!!! like this.
  6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Sengun looks like kostas papanikolau lol

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

nailed it!

hakeem94, burlesk and ThatBoyNick like this.
  8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Roster photo of Sengun
    Yuri.jpg

9. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

You guys realize that they just rank 1-30 starting with 80/81 going down right? Rookies have essentially no correlation to other players at game launch.

What's amazing is that they can do so little work on the game but still sell copies. It should actually be criminal to do so little work but call it new.

Ramo$e and BigShasta like this.
  10. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Not yet a necrobump, more of a life-support, heroic measures bump...

Been playing this online game I'm now hooked on -- basketball-gm.com (not shilling for them, but it is pretty sweet ngl)...

Two points:
    1) KPJ wouldn't be any happier with his rating there, either, which is stats-based in some nerdy way I haven't figured out yet. He tends to start off at around starter level (55 out of 100)... Roughly like a 75 in 2K I'm thinking...but roughly all-star potential.

2) it's a great game. You can take over any NBA team from history, and they've done a great job creating a pretty accurate environment, accurate contracts etc... Somewhat-simplified but accurate rules evolution etc... Then you gm your team to achieve the glory they were wrongly denied in reality etc. They have the current rockets roster almost completely accurate. I took them to a chip in 2025-26, they went 71-11, then fo-fo-fi-fo in the playoffs...:cool:

#130 burlesk, Sep 29, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
    hakeem94 likes this.
  11. sogood.

sogood. Member

That 77 was generous.

Bo6, Patience, harold bingo and 3 others like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is probably why Sil@ss doesnt start sengun, and plays him so few minutes, he cant recognize him...

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Rockets backcourt should stop worrying about 2K ratings (kpj) or winning ROY (Green) and instead just focus on improving themselves in every single way.

Patience likes this.
  14. fattz

fattz Member

Reality sucks.

15. fattz

fattz Member

Just mid season bump to see if anything changed on the players’ numbers? ROY? Wondering if it still a priority for Porter?

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

KPJ and Mathews have same rating

some in-season updates
    https://nba.2k.com/ratings

1/28/22

[​IMG]

1/13/22

[​IMG]

12/16/22

[​IMG]

12/03/22