1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ: Can someone explain to me why he has become Clutchfans favorite whipping boy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DasouthDakota, Oct 25, 2022.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Ryan might be prejudice towards our players but I tend to respect his opinion vs various opinions on Clutchfans.

I think people are undervaluing KPJ.

#1921 hlmbasketball, Dec 7, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
    DaDakota likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

it is u who should learn it, maybe then you’d stop constantly doing it

bruh, that’s 1 thread…sorry, I don’t have the motivation nor feel like searching up every Wood topic on a Mavs message board, and asking me to do so is ridiculous…I simply posted it to quickly dispel yet another false narrative from u

if u want to believe that what’s said in that thread is as bad as it gets for Christian Wood among Mavs fans, then lol, go ahead

literally all the top posts and most upvoted posts aren’t talking about how he’s underutilized…stop it

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

If you want to find worse than a thread you linked, then go ahead. I've been on a couple Mav's forums and they are far, far more rational about Wood than this forum was. How about this post about Wood?

Nothing on that thread rivals that. You know who posted that? You.

By the way, the definition of a strawman is a distortion of a stance in order to make it easier to attack. Here's a good example:

"KPJ sucks!"
    "No he doesn't, here are how his stats compare to established stars.'
    "WOW, I can't believe you are saying KPJ is a star!!!"

jiggyfly likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

lmao, sure u have…that’s why I dispelled your fake claim in 2 seconds

oh my, what an evil post…Wood hasn’t even been playing in Dallas 2 months and they’re already realizing the deal with him

Smh, u still can’t recognize the weak little strawmans u were posting. This has gotta be some lame attempt at a troll job

[​IMG]

i3artow i3aller and King1 like this.
  5. Houston77

Supporting Member

The more you realize I’m right, the more you start posting like King1. It’s really uncanny.

Learn new words.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

I actually realized you’re an idiot…it’s cute if u think you’re right tho, the clueless often do

@King1 really got u shook

i3artow i3aller and King1 like this.
  7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Get a new hobby. You're literally a stalker. Reeko and I don't know each other. We're just not stupid

8. Houston77

Supporting Member

Hey, if that’s who you want to associate with, go ahead. It’s ironic that you’re calling me an “idiot” when it’s obvious you only know a couple words.

9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Ropes won't even save him. He's done.

Reeko likes this.
  10. Houston77

Supporting Member

By the way, what man uses the word “gaslight?” Hilarious.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

damn, he must’ve really fcked u up to be residing like this rent free

more like u are only capable of comprehending a few words

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Is that word too big for u?

13. Houston77

Supporting Member

Nah. I just don’t any men who use it.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Who gives a fck? You’re a kid trying to talk about what men say? Of course the kids u hang around don’t use that word, they probably don’t even know it

15. Houston77

Supporting Member

Actually, you're right -- I've never heard a man say it, but my kids' friends have. Good point.

16. Houston77

Supporting Member

While this makes a lot of sense, KPJ has shown some pretty big improvement in certain areas. His 3 point shot has improved markedly since his first season. So has his FT percentage. What's weird is everything else has dropped. It's a little baffling.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

u really got nothing after I easily fcked up all your pathetic attempts at an argument, so u had to resort to this last desperate attempt

a kid talking about what men say…laughable

King1 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  18. Houston77

Supporting Member

Not really. You are a very poor debater. At least, you are when you get frustrated. When you're level-headed you're actually pretty solid. Trust me, I know. You get way too emotional and rely entirely on ad hominems. It's pretty common.

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. Houston77

Supporting Member

This is all this thread is about in a nutshell. Many posters who say KPJ is undervalued are ripped a new one.

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Has his 3 point shot really improved markedly? I don’t think that’s how I would describe it. It’s slightly improved. Same with his FT%.

Rookie year he was 33.5%
    Career he is 35.2%
    This season he is 35.0%

If I were looking at it purely analytically without knowing the player at all, my initial assumption would be that up to this point his 3 point% in year 3 was a possible outlier. And that around 35% is closer to what we might expect rather than the 37.5% in year 3.

Likewise if I were doing the same for his FT% I would say his FT% in year 3 was an outlier and a roughly ~75% is probably what we should expect. The 64% in year 3 is dragging his career %, but the other 3 years he was in roughly the same range.

Overall efficiency pretty much completely stagnant. Essentially ~53 TS% every season. Rookie year actually being his slight peak thus far.

If KPJ eventually becomes a consistent league average efficiency player I will be surprised. I don’t rule it out, I just am going with the odds. If KPJ eventually becomes a player consistently 3,4,5% above league average in efficiency, I will be absolutely shocked, again solely based on the odds.

harold bingo likes this.