1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ: Can someone explain to me why he has become Clutchfans favorite whipping boy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DasouthDakota, Oct 25, 2022.

1. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

If we get Scoot Henderson, he will start PG. 100% odds.

i3artow i3aller and aaquaa like this.
  2. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Over KPJ? With Silas as coach? Man cant wait to see this lol

3. maypk

maypk Member

With all due respect, KPJ is not a starting player even in the most of the Euroleague teams let alone NBA teams.

4. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I don’t think he’ll get better at PG because he doesn’t seem to have the bbiq great PGs should possess. The last second play in Friday night’s game was a perfect example. You either throw it up high, or throw it down low at their feet/legs to make it harder for them to gather and shoot. ONLY ONE SECOND LEFT! You don’t throw a near perfect pocket pass that could have ended being an assist to your opponent. Completely lack of game awareness and bbiq. I don’t trust that kind of player as my starting PG. Not if we want to achieve something.

That being said, I don’t think we need to trade him. For one, I’m not sure he has good trade value with everything considered. Two, he has great scoring ability, and is clutch. As long as we play him off the ball more, I’m all for it. Three, his contract is VERY team friendly, which gives us more flexibility down the road.

I just don’t see this KPJ at PG experiment going anywhere.

xtruroyaltyx, aaquaa and Ankara1923 like this.
  5. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Can you imagine Efes downgrades from Micic to KPJ? Or KPJ in Greece instead of Kostas Sloukas?

Nightmare for Euro bigs.

6. maypk

maypk Member

You're a KPJ hater if you can't see the development. Worse FG%, 3P%, less assists and more turnovers. The development is there![​IMG]

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well, I think we may need to see those stats at the end of the year, his FT% is up... :)

DD

8. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

A Ball hog like that will be immediately cut from any European team. He isn’t as talented as claimed. Can’t score, can’t defend. Useless player.

clutchdabear, King1 and aaquaa like this.
  9. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

Hahahah I can’t imagine Ataman’s face if KPJ was playing for him. KPJ would be back to USA like in 2 weeks.

clutchdabear, aaquaa and Ankara1923 like this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is not a ball hog, that is just the role that Silas wants him to play.

I believe if he were in a much more structured environment with sets, plays, movement he would be so much better.

DD

11. Carpe82

Carpe82 Member

And this is the problem with the Rockets:
    Simple like that

12. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

Let's face it: He sort of is. He loves and lives for the spotlight. Hence, needless ISOs and hero ball.
    Whenever a teammate has some highlight moves, or is even productive in any way for a while, he tries to take over. I don't think that's even a conscious decision.
    (It's no secret anymore that he prefers not to pass to Alpi either, which strengthens my point.)

13. berkowsk

berkowsk Member

I want to see kpj's assignments fg% this would make more sense than def rating or +/- stats.

14. i3artow i3aller

Joe Rocket likes this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U compar3d him to the likes of harden yet he isn't a ball hog, sure.

aaquaa likes this.
  16. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

What if we get Wemby? Will have to trade Sengun?

C- Bruno or Myles Turner(sign as FA)
    F - Smith
    F - Wemby
    G - Green
    G - KPJ

#1576 hlmbasketball, Dec 4, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
  17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

No. U don't get rid of a first round pick, especially a talented one that u traded 2 1st round picks for. Sengun and wemby pairing can work.

Bruno is not part of the rebuilding process, he is insurance policy in case of Injuries.

If we sign miles Turner he will probably b starting and sengun will b moved to the bench.

If we sign a competent pg, kpj will be sent to bench.

18. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

A PG mindset is to pass 1st to setup his teammates and if they are not getting it done, then he needs to start to get his to help the team.

He is in all essence doing his job. No body was doing anything in the 1st Qtr, outside of Sengun. Sengun was scoring in the paint but the defense was lacking. The Rockets were scoring 2's but giving up 3's.

Once the Rockets made changes and the defensive pressure increased, they got back into the game. You guys have to accept that DEFENSE is not Sengun's strength. It's not that Silas doesn't like him or KPJ doesn't want to pass him the ball...ITS HIS DEFENSE

19. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Correct, if we get Myles Turner on this team, Sengun will be moved to the bench or traded. The only reason I say he'll be traded, is because he wants to start, get more minutes. If he can accept a bench role, keep him!

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

No. It's not sengun wants more mins it's that he deserves it.

From a team building point of view, u invested 2 first round picks into a player just to make him a bench player, is the stupidest thing I hear people push for.

Man is too talented to b given 15-20 mins a game.

Only reason I even considered moving sengun to the bench is bc signing a free agent like myles Turner to make him a back up center is also a waste of money. Turner is a starting center.

I rather we draft wemby and sign a competent pg to send kpj to the bench. Kpj will hinder wemby if more than anything.

#1580 DatRocketFan, Dec 4, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    aaquaa likes this.