1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ: Can someone explain to me why he has become Clutchfans favorite whipping boy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DasouthDakota, Oct 25, 2022.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His numbers this year are right in line with his career numbers. Westbrook shooting efficiency, Westbrook turnovers. He is running out of time to make "the jump"... :(

Jalen Green, If it wasn't super obvious before, is 10x the prospect. Even with a rough start, Jalen's efficiency across the board is on a different planet.

The hierarchy should be JG/Sengun getting 20+ shots, with the rest of the time spent developing Tari/Jabari.

KPJ's usage is insane, and not conducive to developing our blue chips.

Bo6, clutchdabear, keeez and 10 others like this.
  2. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

he has ACTUALLY done that? or just guessing

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Just guessing but I would bet Westbrook has done something equal or worse than that. He’s been chucking for a long time.

4. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Are we really gonna watch kpj do this all season long? I can't believe this is happening. And I am not complaining about the inefficient shooting. It is the dribbling and not moving the ball. He would look 10 times better even with that stat line if he did not kill the rhythm totally. We are getting this upset while watching, can't imagine what the other players are feeling.

5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

looks like there have been 20 such games, including guys like AD, wade, sir charles, wall (thought basketball reference only shows the 11-20 and not top 10 since i'm not subed)

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The Rockets (Stonetitta) fall for the lure of the apparent "good value"

Tate for a cheapish extension? Sure why not it's a bargain! Too bad he's blocking younger better players and fills no real need.

KPJ on a less than guaranteed team friendly deal? Sure why not, the box score production is high per dollar ... except - this is why not.

7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He's just awful. Completely worthless. Doesn't even play defense. Just bench him please. I hate Nix but I would rather see him start the this bum

clutchdabear, Futron and nolimitnp like this.
  8. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Silas loves him so Probably. It's pathetic

9. thekad

thekad Member

To be fair, the Rockets can get out of KPJ’s contract whenever they want and even if they didn’t it’s fair for what he provides (mediocre creation and playmaking). Levert for example is making ~$20m and won’t be getting much of a pay cut, if any, when his contract expires.

The problem is KPJ should either be playing off a good playmaker and/or coming off the bench. Silas is just, luckily for tanking purposes, an idiot.

Futron and Easy like this.
  10. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

You know that silly old saying that goes "every player can average 30 points if they were allowed to"?

KPJ is living proof that it's complete nonsense.

11. Futron

Futron Member

Well this season must be sacrificed to get Wemby, so let him do as he must for the greater good of our future ;)

King1 likes this.
  12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Not whenever they want - they're stuck with him through 2024 at least.

They could also have just tabled the extension till after the season. I don't see anyone giving him 20m this year.

Nook and Futron like this.
  13. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

I've repeated it countless times, I'm not worried about losses in this part of the process. What I do worry about is wasting time, and with the KPJ experiment (and with Silas) we are wasting time. And what is worse, his complete ignorance of the PG position could affect the development of the other young players.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

KPJ’s fans really said he’s the best and most talented player on the roster and that he’d be worth 25+ mil/yr next offseason

[​IMG]

the amount of players in the NBA that could average 19 points on 16 shots in their 4th year is too many to count…6 assists, 4 turnovers…while being 8th in time of possession

15. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Forget the kpj fans, he is at a low none of us could have imagined. I think with Wood gone, he thought he is star and leader of this team and here we are.

16. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I feel like he's slowing Jabari down too. It's pretty clear Jabari won't be creating his own shot anytime soon. He needs a pass first point guard.

I don't know he's just... Bad. I know he's young, but there are too many cringeworthy plays. It's not even a fun brand of basketball.

clutchdabear and AroundTheWorld like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

his efficiency is right in line with what I expected…before tonight, he was exceeding my expectations when it came to free throw percentage, but I knew he wasn’t actually the 38% 3 point shooter he showed last year

playmaking and decision making is about what it’s always been, which is crap

there’s just been little to no improvement in his game, and with the amount of touches and possessions that he uses, he is unwatchable

I don’t think he’s capable of being efficient. PG, not a PG…starter or bench player…he’s gonna take a lot of shots regardless, kill ball movement, and score on way below average efficiency

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Whenever I hear about Jose Alvarado, the one sequence that comes to my mind is this one:

OkayAyeReloaded, King1 and B-Bob like this.
  19. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Where are the KPJ apologists at when you need them? I feel the need to whip somebody after watching this **** show.

20. thekad

thekad Member

Then they would have forfeited the upside. An $18m expiring contract next season for a Levert-type isn’t a bad look.