1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ: Can someone explain to me why he has become Clutchfans favorite whipping boy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DasouthDakota, Oct 25, 2022.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

They are still running him out there aren't they, if they didn't agree, they could have given him no extension, instead they said here is 16m guaranteed for next year....which they did not have to do....I wouldn't have....even though it is surely a team friendly deal and we aren't competing next year either.

DD

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

They extended him because they are willing to see during a tanking season (mistake IMO) and he can still be a great 3&D player. Just because they extended him a single year does not mean however that they trust him. It is precisely because they do NOT trust him that they are not giving him a guaranteed, multi-year contract.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You say 3&D but that is not what they say, you are projecting what you want again.

DD

jiggyfly likes this.
  4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

That's what the stats say too. It's not a projection either, it's a mathematically reinforced conclusion. The only people that believe otherwise are Silas and Lucas. Even Stone has doubts, hence the contract he gave out.

King1 likes this.
  5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

What made the leader comment even more hilarious, is it's literally right after the game where KPJ went right at a guy to excessively foul him, all because the guy embarrassed him by stealing the ball some plays earlier.

There's been some real funny comments made for KPJ, but him being a leader/on his way to a leader downright takes the cake as the funniest/most delusional I've seen.

6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You might want to educate yourself before typing. You have no idea what that contact is. Hilarious

clutchdabear and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man, the shooting percentage is really, really bad. The TS% at the bulk he is shooting is team killing. Right in line with his last 3 years in the league.

The coaches HAVE to change his shot profile. For the love of god more catch and shoot, and less everything else.

#1127 RudyTBag, Nov 14, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
    Easy and AroundTheWorld like this.
  8. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

KPJ’s TS%
    Year 1: .535
    Year 2: .528
    Year 3: .521
    Year 4: .526 shooting 16+ shots a game.

Russell Westbrook career TS%: .526

KPJ’s TOV/36
    Year 1: 2.9
    Year 2: 3.9
    Year 3: 3.6
    Year 4: 4.2

Russell Westbrook career TOV/36: 4.3

These are rough guys, to say the least. He is becoming a better human being off the court and he deserves credit for that, but so far we haven’t seen that discipline translate to shooting and decision making like I had hoped.

I love KPJ, but I wouldn’t mind him taking a couple weeks off so we can see a JG/Sengun led offense.

#1128 RudyTBag, Nov 14, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
    B-Bob and AroundTheWorld like this.
  9. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

So we just need to pair him with Kevin Durant.

10. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Yeah or Lebron and Anthony Davis, then maybe we’d get Wemby, oh wait.

11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

50 point triple double! .. Case closed.. He's the one! Lmao... Yall kill me with the disagreeing just to come back around to agreeing that we need an upgrade. Lol

12. OkayAyeReloaded

So, I'll reply and you have a point, If you look at it that way, yes you're right KPJ moved to Alvarado and initiated the last play.

But another way to look at it was Alvarado successfully created the whole situation and got in KPJ's head.

The play before there were 18 seconds on the clock, the Rockets were down 11 and the game was essentially over, Alvarado steals the ball (the Rockets could have run out the clock) and then skips as he dribbles out the clock, so basically taunting.

KPJ hounds him for the steal physically as Alvarado did during the game, but Alvarado picks up his dribble and yells at KPJ making things more dramatic. If you've ever been in a competitive sport where a player antagonizes, provokes/taunts then can play the victim you could say Alvarado was successful here.

It's on KPJ to be mentally stronger and not react, we know KPJ's history but the reason I don't give Alvarado the benefit of the doubt is his history. He'll run up the score or make plays when the game is over, no sportsmanship (which is cool with him lol) and you have to give him credit when he calls himself a "Light skinned Patrick Beverly, but I'm better"

HP3 likes this.
  13. RocketsDraftTV

Getting in your car and leaving a game at halftime is unforgivable that a lot of rockets fans won’t easily forget

King1 likes this.
  14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

That's what makes the league entertaining for the most part - the fact no one else in the league has a loser attitude like KPJ does.

Just because KPJ thought the game was over and he was done caring for the ball (actually, he probably thought it was the last possession in a close game, by the way he acted no differently to how he took care of the ball) doesn't mean the other team needs to stop playing while the clock is still running.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Like someone said in the game thread; 15 fts tonight, 18 shots, only had 20 pts

clutchdabear likes this.
  16. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

But he only had 2 turnovers! Harden would be proud.

17. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Wonder if that has ever happened in nba history

18. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

3 assists and 2 TO, 6-18 FG and 0-4 3PT. Another fantastic night for our PG!

19. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I feel like I’m the one being whipped for watching these last few abominations

not even the good kind of whipped, damn

Nook and RudyTBag like this.
  20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Westbrook exists