1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ: Can someone explain to me why he has become Clutchfans favorite whipping boy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DasouthDakota, Oct 25, 2022.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Thread starter decided to double down anyway lol

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Really? I didn't see that but I haven't followed all 345 pages of this thread. Too funny.

3. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Wrong I already posted an article saying they needed to be separated and your dumb ass is still on about him doing this stuff because he's immature lol Younger slightly less fat DD must have hit girls and got into fights left and right, especially the guys at popeyes who got your order wrong aimiright? lol

FLASH21 likes this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

No class Joe, you have zero class....buh bye loser.

DD

5. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

If class is supporting a domestic abuser I dont want class.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I mean everyone has been calling out his behavior for a long time, you just happen to call everything a nothing burger. Here are one of many excerpts.

In fact, you even implied here that it's okay for KPJ to be violent and even criminal because he might turn it around. So don't say this came out of nowhere, you clearly just chose to ignore it. Just own up to it.

7. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

8. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Yes I supported him. There was a severe lack of substance in regards to how bad it was with KPJ until after this event.

The WORST thing was Nook saying how KPJ treated Rox employees, which was poor......that was a tell I didn't give enough credence too.

And if you can't acknowledge that he had haters, then it is a waste of conversation. I mean so many talented troubled players turn it around, Allen Iverson, Ron Artest, Rasheed Wallace to name a few. I was HOPEFUL that he would too.

Sure some could say...he left the arena - that was enough for them - that is fair, but it wasn't for me.....

I didn't see it coming - I believed the org - I believed he was maturing - I was wrong - he has lost my support now.

DD

#6888 DaDakota, Sep 21, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2023
    Dobbizzle, Space City and Jontro like this.
  9. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

This is complete an utter bullshit.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

No there isn't. I don't know why you keep insisting on this.

You are firmly fixated on the idea that everyone was just a hater, and there was no substance to their dislike or reservation for KPJ, and that what happened was pure happenstance that aligned with the detractors' perception of KPJ. The reality is he had red flags everywhere, and people saw it, but you deemed these red flags "nothing burger".

Don't take this the wrong way, but you are not learning the right lessons from what happened here. You clearly were excusing his behaviors before, you even compared it to other deplorable acts (like punching teammates) but you were batting on the idea that he may turn it around and he should be given a chance to turn it around because his talent is worth it.

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Yes, that is true.

I would support any player wearing the jersey and hope for the best.

I had hoped KPJ had matured, believed the Org when they said as much, had read the available info about him but for me it didn’t rise to giving up yet, this did.

And I didn’t know Stone was covering up other stuff, I wanted to believe Stone and Tillman as they praised him.

I did not want to believe the org was lying to us, my bad.

DD

Entropy, Mr.Scary, Dobbizzle and 2 others like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is no manual that says you have to like anyone on that team.

I stick to the brand and the Hakeem version.

Fans comes from fanatics but it evolved heavily during time.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

By the time DD has his 100th meltdown this might just be over.

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

No melt downs, but I do get to see who is classy and who isn’t and ignore accordingly.

DD

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Joe is alright, he stands for something and he does not flip flop.

He took offense with your posts, just do not make it personal and it should be a nothing burger.

Cannot be all gentlemen and ass-holes in here, all are grey area grasshoppers.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  16. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

If someone tells you some sort of terrible storm is coming to this area, the weather has been getting increasingly worse in this area you should leave soon and you say "well I hope it doesn't come, I think youre only saying it because you hate this area. I think you're wrong and youre a bad leader for even suggesting this area is going to get a storm so im staying". Then you get caught up in a tornado responding with "I was wrong I had hoped nothing would happen but there's no way you predicted this specific tornado there was no indication at all, there was no indication of a tornado at all, all you said was a terrible storm is heading this way". Its pretty sad and pathetic that a grown man cant admit someone else saw something he didn't. You railed on about what a great leader you were and we just couldn't understand what Stone was doing because we were bad leaders lol Now that its proven wrong and people are mad at Stone, youre even defending his leadership. Its pretty sad and entertaining at the same time lol

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

No he isn't, he is a name calling troll - who makes it personal - not worth my time, and best for the board that we avoid each other.

DD

18. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Yes cuz you're a saint and never in your billions of unliked posts have you ever name called or trolled anyone lol What a liar you are there's a reason I namecall people like you and "bobbythegreat" but no one else. I wonder why that is, why is it just you guys lol

19. i3artow i3aller

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Fred Honcho