1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ: Can someone explain to me why he has become Clutchfans favorite whipping boy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DasouthDakota, Oct 25, 2022.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

all you kpj stans snitched on yourselves in this thread and everyone knows a certain one in particular that has believed to know how mature hes become from day 1

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

He'll regret it every time he goes out to eat over the next few years in Shanghai or Beijing and thinks, "Chinese food AGAIN?"

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If that’s the case I have been to those cities a few times each and he better hope it’s the former.

Shanghai>>>>>>>>Beijing

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’ve known people that behave like KPJr…they’ll go a few months without an incident, and then the naive start thinking they’ve actually changed when in actuality another wrong move is always right around the corner

people actually trusted KPJr not to be an idiot anymore, as if someone like him actually learns their lesson before it’s too late…

nobody with some sense and some self-control gets suspended from their high school, college, and 1st NBA team…or throws food for a 2nd time and then just drives off at halftime without permission

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Game plan -- Street Clothes.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Beijing duck?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But you are right lolz. Shanghai also has the good Japanese food although Beijing catching up and has great Korean food.

Yung-T likes this.
  7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The mistake most seem to make is they continue to run in the same crowd as before.

HardenReturns likes this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes, but he can't even blame it on the crowd, it's him. If you hit a woman so hard it breaks a bone, no crowd made you do that.

What was the twitter account of his uncle again? I bet he will defend this, too.

daywalker02 and Yung-T like this.
  9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Disappointed is a huge understatement. I believed in this kid and found many parallels in his life, but the inability to conduct yourself like a responsible adult in society is nobody's fault but our own. Cut him ASAP and eat the guaranteed money its the only way to handle this horrible example of a Houston Rocket.

10. CXbby

CXbby Member

Another great call. Forget Orlando though, he would excel even more as MVP of the Riker’s league.

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I agree with people that he can't be involved in any aspect of training camp and ideally every player and coach in the staff should know by the time training camp starts whether KPJ is permanently gone. The team can't start training with this lingering.

So this decision HAS TO be made in less than 3 weeks. And the decision is to obviously cut him. Any delay is probably a result of the Rockets trying to negotiate with the Players Association to complete dump his remaining contract.

12. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He can't even come back to Houston at this point. John Lucas is going to beat his ass.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Even though I never agreed that he was the great talent some of you thought, I was hoping that he could turn his life around as a person. It would have been an inspiring story.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think any delay in his removal is going to be because the Rockets front office trying to find a way to not have to pay this year's salary for KPJ.

Good news for KPJ, he probably isn't stepping foot in Houston any time soon because he's going to be in a jail cell in NYC waiting for a court hearing.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  15. MystikArkitect

Not even going to joke. Just cut him.

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Just another troubled youth who couldnt figure it out. Kevin Porter Jr ultimately was not able to get out of his own way. After some jail time hopefully he can learn how to be a better MAN before he even thinks of resuming his basketball career otherwise the next big story about him will be his cause of death.

Easy likes this.
  17. daytripper

daytripper Member

Waive him. The Rockets have given him multiple chances but at some point the team has to take priority.

I have a grown son who we enabled over and over and over to the detriment of the entire family. At some point you need to learn to grow up and function as an adult in society. The constant enabling in most cases just makes it harder for the person in question to grow up.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

they should’ve cut this MFer after he threw food and drove away at halftime…that was ridiculous in and of itself no matter how many tried to downplay it

but instead, a measly 1 game suspension

if not this current incident, he was eventually gonna do something stupid

another food tossing incident…shouting match leading to a physical altercation after being held accountable by Ime…leaving the bench during the game and pouting in the locker room after the 3rd game of him not getting the PT he thinks he deserves…it would’ve been something, because it always is with idiots like KPJ

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

This is the monster Stephen Silas enabled at every turn and even cried when he got paid.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Strangulation is not just hitting, this reeks of immense substance abuse or just flatout mental issues.

It is a life or death situation not kinky stuff. That dude is schizo or really crazy.

Had to be on medication that was not reported.

USC covered his arse to this day they just fired him but kept it classified.