1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ: Can someone explain to me why he has become Clutchfans favorite whipping boy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DasouthDakota, Oct 25, 2022.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes, let's see.

Anyway - Go Rockets!

2. i3artow i3aller

3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Not sure Chris White knows that the Celtics were having problems
    with Tatum, Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart all coexisting together?

But I believe that's one of the reasons why Ime was hired.....in implemented
    a pecking order for all of the Rockets Alphas and Betas

I've seen Boston fans say forget about Jaylen Brown following
    Ime to Houston.....because they clashed because of the pecking order
    being Tatum #1.

Maybe things have changed in Browns mind though? New thread will be,
    predict Ime's pecking order with the Rockets roster?

Harden? Cam Johnson? Other FA
    Green?
    KPj?
    Sengun?
    Jabari?
    Wembanyama?
    J Christopher?
    Scoot (The other One)?
    Brandon Miller?
    Jarace?
    Amen?
    The other twin?
    Cam Whitmore?
    [ In no particular order ]

Tougher to teach old dogs (like vets) new tricks.....Green//KPj are still young and impressionable.
    Most troubled kids just need boundaries established.

#5903 ApacheWarrior, May 2, 2023
    Last edited: May 2, 2023
  4. i3artow i3aller

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    My apologies to anyone with photoshop skills...

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  6. CXbby

CXbby Member

It’s a weird spot when the kpj and Sengun stans fight each meanwhile I like both. If you just look at the advanced stats and be objective 1. kpj is the second best player on the roster and it isn’t close 2. Kpj improved the second most from year to year.

It’s clear that his trajectory is up, the only problem is his style of play on offense and the optics of complaining to the refs and not getting back on defense. That’s why it’s good to see Udoka looking to “rewire” how our guards play and be less my turn your turn and more team basketball, that’s directed at kpj.

Also side note kpj is one of the nicest guys on the team when it comes to interacting with fans. I was there when the Rockets played at BKN and kpj was stinking up the first quarter and I was heckling him next to the Rockets bench. He went off the rest of the game and afterwards he was giving fans his jersey and still gave my wife a signed shoe. Was one of the best interactions I’ve had with an NBA player. I was also calling Al p’s name the whole game and he didn’t look at me once…:(

Dobbizzle likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Are there really "KPJ stans"?

I certainly haven't seen any.

There's a pseudo-religious cult of Sengun and then there's Rocket fans who don't buy into the whipping boy bullshit when it comes to KPJ...that doesn't make them "stans" though.

I'm a fan of both players, because right now they are the 2 best players on the Rockets, but neither of them are stars. There are no stars on the Rockets.

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Agreed. I've never understood the need to denigrate one player to prove some point about another. It's petty.

I hope all of our players succeed. If KPJ keeps his head on straight? Yay. If Alpi continues his trajectory? Yay.

Go Rockets.

9. CXbby

CXbby Member

Kpj and Sengun are two of the most hated players on the team, no other players have so many people wanting them off the team besides like Nix. Meanwhile they are two of the best. Only difference is that Sengun also has fans so he is more divisive. Meanwhile we can only hope that Green and Jabari can develop into the flawed players that kpj and Sengun are today, yet you will see no one complaining about them.

harold bingo and ApacheWarrior like this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No one hates Sengun as far as I can tell, but literally everyone should hate the cult of Sengun because they are absolute cancer.

I've been a fan of Sengun since he was drafted, but I have questions about how his physical limitations might lead to a low ceiling for him.....according to the cult, that makes me a "hater".

When the bar for being a "hater" is anything short of blind worship, it can seem like there's more "haters" than actually exist.

On a similar note, with KPJ, merely admitting that he's the second best player on the team currently is enough to be labeled a "stan"....when the bar is that low, it'll make it seem like there's a group of "stans" out there that really don't exist.

I do hope that Green and Jabari eventually improve enough to be on the same level as Sengun and KPJ. It would be a nice change of pace.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yeah, I just don't get this ridicule over the head honcho comment

I know there was so many vets on the team we would like to volunteer....
    but we only had one we could nominate.

This guy was head honcho of mannequin world

groovemachine and Verbal Christ like this.
  12. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

[​IMG]

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Such a problem child, culture wrecking scrub. He should be playing in China! :rolleyes:

groovemachine likes this.
  15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Ime and Jabari backed the hell up when KPJ was ripping down trees with his bare hands :

groovemachine likes this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So will he be okay with it if he is the one that gets traded?

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  17. OremLK

OremLK Member

If Udoka thinks he'll make a good 6th man or starting SF I'm cool with it. Does look like he's trying to turn his sh*t around.

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

After 2-3ish years at kpj at pg, anyone still thinking he's starting material at pg is the rare kpj fanboi in our ecosystem.

Rockets pivoting into grabbing a veteran pg is just more evidence of how sht kpj is at pg

AroundTheWorld and Crashlanded19 like this.
  19. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

That’s on the front office, not KPJ though. From all indications KPJ is Houston through and through now. Him and his family live locally year round and he seems bought into the developing leadership structure under Udoka. He could end up being a great redemption story if he wins 6th man of the year in the future. KPJ is cold and can get a bucket under pressure…that much we have already seen!