1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ: Can someone explain to me why he has become Clutchfans favorite whipping boy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DasouthDakota, Oct 25, 2022.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

You... You do realise this thread has been going on much longer than a couple of weeks... Right?

Call me crazy but I don't think actively sulking and pouting and deliberately not becoming involved all because you weren't passed the ball - is doing absolutely everything we want to see.

Call me crazy but I don't think getting into a shouting match with an assistant coach on the sideline - is doing absolutely everything we want to see.

Funnily enough all done in just the past couple of weeks too.

Talk about selective memory.

Kpj fans really do make it a life ambition to have the same IQ as their hero.

2. i3artow i3aller

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

it was always a dumb idea

But why is Iko making it sound like the Rockets still view KPJ as an option for being the long-term starting PG, just not as strongly as they used to? That notion should be completely dead at this point. “I don’t think the Rockets are as married to the idea” should be reading “the Rockets have completely abandoned the idea of KPJ as their PG”

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Don't mind developing him off the bench if he plays defense. Might just need 2-3 years to develop, be a good 6th man in the meantime.

5. i3artow i3aller

6. PatBev

PatBev Member

Rockets get the best 3pt shooter they’ve had in 10 years and we doing everything we can to hate on him

7. PatBev

PatBev Member

“Rockets abysmal g league level bench talent, Nix as backup point guard, and the entire organizations intentional tanking might have held this rebuild back more than anything”

That would be the headline for any real kind of reporting

RasaqBoi likes this.
  8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Never read anything Kelly Iko posts.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

KPJ had 20/9 tonight, we can expect about 15 more unhinged threads started by ATW tomorrow.

Verbal Christ and maj21 like this.
  10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

"this bum isnt an NBA player"

[​IMG]

ApacheWarrior, Ren ason and O-dawg like this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Good. Hopefully it motivates some suckers to take him in a trade.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

when it gets to late March and early April when another abysmal season is finally winding down, that’s when KPJ is at his best

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Thank God we had Sengun to lead us to a winning season!!

[​IMG]

Ren ason likes this.
  14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I was just shaking my head last night when Al-P took the wide open layup, and KPJ was waving his hands up in the air all pissy because he had an open 3.

-Has KPJ been scoring the ball really well the past 4 or 5 games... yes
    -Is KPJ an NBA player who deserves real minutes... yes

-Is KPJ someone you want as the focal point, and leader for a young team both on and off the court.... Hell no.

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Kevin Porter might find some success in the JR Smith role eventually. When you have limited expectations for him and can just keep him in the rotation for the occasional game where he goes off every now and then. Even that would require some maturation from what we've seen.

Can't wait until he's off this team. With this f**ktard in a leadership position no team will ever have accountability.

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Here they come! :D:D:D:D:D:D

[​IMG]

Ren ason likes this.
  17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I had to look it up, but just realized that JR Smith won two NBA championships.

KPJ will never win one as "the guy", but if he can get his ego in check (big if), he could be a nice complementary piece.

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

SOFs when KPJ plays well:

[​IMG]

19. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

KPJ is a talented NBA player and my only beef with him has been the decision to put him at the point and in a leadership role. Those two things aren't necessarily his fault so I've tried to avoid being overly critical of him. I mean if someone asks me to do a job I may not be fully qualified for I could either turn the job down (limiting my future with said organization) or try my best (either succeeding, failing, or being mediocre).

I think he's been mediocre at best as a point guard, but would be great as a scoring wing player. The questions are does the organization think that? and will he be willing to change roles now? Not sure on either.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Bravo for a big picture take! I agree with you. KPJ is better suited as a secondary playmaker, but this team has not done him any favors when it comes to the assist totals. It takes two to tango and the kid has been let down by atrocious shooters most of the year. His defense is suspect. His body language is bad at times, but he undoubtedly is super skilled and deserving of his playing time.

O-dawg likes this.