1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ: Can someone explain to me why he has become Clutchfans favorite whipping boy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DasouthDakota, Oct 25, 2022.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I blame the man task to controlling the offense. If u are dead last in basically single team offense category the pg/coach is the one not good enough/lacking.
    PG is basically the extension of the coach for the most part.

Imagine oh our team offense is dead last, kpj stan analysis: it simply because our players whiff their shots. Our coach and pg doesnt suck, it's everybody else on the team b/c they whiff the shots. How moronic.

If kpj is as good as folks hype him up we wouldnt b dead last with his offensive ability to score.

Can't carry the team to victory with his scoring ability, can't make his teammates better with his passing ability. Is he the leader of this squad or is it someone else?

fckbandwagons and AroundTheWorld like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, I get it, you blame KPJ for other players inability to make shots. You've made that clear and it's hilarious.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

With your logic, Silas shouldn't b considered a sht coach either, it's not his fault his players can't make their shots.

how moronic.

Silas made a system with kpj as the offensive engine/pg, the offense blows, It must b b/c the players aren't hitting their shot.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No....he's still a bad coach, but when players can't make open shots, that's not something you blame on Silas.

5. i3artow i3aller

6. PatBev

PatBev Member

Again SGA lead the Thunder 4 more wins than us last season & only 5 more wins than the Rockets the season before that(when KPJ was traded here) at 22 and 23 years old. In two seasons the Thunder only have a total of 9 more wins than us with a older and more experienced SGA and still only 9 more wins in two seasons

SGA even had a year learning from CP3 and was still a bottom 4 team two years in a row. Would you have gotten rid of him because he is the point guard?

Im just confused because you(and others) don’t seem to acknowledge we are tanking. We didn’t even attempt to sign a free agent this season lol. We let g league players and undrafted players get significant minutes. Our owner is saying pray for Victor. Stone is doing everything he can to weight us down to the bottom

Maybe we should look at Henderson or Harden if the opportunity is on the table but y’all completely ignore the effort this organization is putting into the tank and then come after KPJ with such viciousness it’s wild.

Jatman20 likes this.
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Delete.

#5407 DatRocketFan, Mar 17, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Kpj shouldn't b the starting pg period. If folks like u are open to signing harden or even trading for lamelo, drafting scoot. Kpj stans shouldn't b hyping up his ability at pg just to think about replacing him with players that have actual play making ability.

Kpj stans Blame tanking, Blame other players for whiffing but never able to acknowledge the obvious weakness of kpj which is he sucks at pg. His lack of court vision and actual play making ability is a detrimental to the team.

We been watching harden for years so it's astounding to see folks hype up kpj play making ability when it's inferior even to sengun.

Oh no I'm too mean towards the leader/head honcho of the tank.

#5408 DatRocketFan, Mar 17, 2023
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would want to see head honcho heavily game planned against.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

11. PatBev

PatBev Member

Not gonna lie I would probably offer our top pick this year for LaMelo if charlotte gaves us enough back. I will happily move KPJ to the SF position if somebody presents a better option to me. What I don’t want is to go overpay Vanvleete at 30 years old where he’ll be to old to play when Green & Jabari start to enter their primes. That’s a waste of time to me

KPJ has weaknesses but he’s not the first on the list of issues I think this teams have. I really think with a veteran point off the bench, along with another vet, we would be close to 30 wins

Like I said though show me a better option. My dream would be to sign Harden and let KPJ learn and try again with a couple more years of experience behind Harden.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not that you are "mean", it's that you are dumb. You cite that the team's offense is terrible.....well an intelligent person would then wonder what player is taking the most shots and what player has the highest usage....maybe they are to blame?

Oh wait, that's Jalen Green, can't blame him for anything, gotta find a scapegoat.

So in order to not have to blame guys you want to prop up....the guys who are really responsible for the poor offense of the Rockets, you blame one of the few players on the entire team that is actually pretty good offensively. It's not mean, it's dumb.

Jalen Green has a 53% and Jabari has a 51.3% TS% those two are first first and 3rd most frequent shooters on the team....and you wonder why the team struggles on offense? For reference, Russell Westbrook has a career 52.6 TS% and he's known as essentially the worst godawful inefficient chucker ever.

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Like I said the moment kpj stans are already thinking that kpj can b replaced with the likes of lamelo, scoot or Harden, players with actual play making abilites, its basically an admission to what I been stating all along. Kpj blows at point guard or what we need him to do which is control the offense and distribute the ball. Our offense suffers from him being the pg, it's not as simple as oh our players just whiffs.

If he's as good as folk been hyping we wouldnt be needing to look for his replacements.

The ringer top 125 shouldn't b taken as gospel but u figure kpj would at least Crack the top 125 with all the hype the stans been dishing out.

14. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

The answer would be no, for a rebuilding team.

But this team has Sengun and everyone ahead of him needs to be taken out in
    order for him to prosper.

Otherwise, it's talent acquisition and train them up over a 4 to 5 year span.
    (But, KPj has been in the league for 4 years!?! ). He is 22 years old. Not 28.

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Check out the irony --- when KPJ was out "they" all swore it would look GREAT and wins would roll in because Sengun walks on water and everyone else would benefit because of his prodigy. How did that work out? When you bring it up THEN they want to go to the tank card. It's just the cutest thing!

Bobbythegreat and DasouthDakota like this.
  16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Wins didn't happen bc we still need an actual pg but folks were hitting career highs. Huh seem like a better playmaker does make his teammates better who would have thought.

Kpj plays with his team, everybody looks bad, but it ain't his fault it's cause his teammates just whiffs.

Folks like to downplay sengun playmaking ability as "flashy" but man clearly has a better court vision/passing ability than kpj.

Folks been pushing for silas to play through sengun as the playmaker bc he has a better feel at it than kpj. That's more due to his lack of it more than anything. U think most folks would b pushing sengun to b focal point if we had harden or an actual point guard?

#5416 DatRocketFan, Mar 17, 2023
  17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You're just chasing your tail with the "real pg" nonsense. Who were the "real" pgs of the last 5 championship teams? If this team AS A WHOLE could make open shots at league average then this stance would be pretty foolish, but its easier to lay the teams struggles at the feet of one player than actually using deductive reasoning and not cherry picking your battles. What this team needs to find is that guy who can actually dictate wins and losses - the players position is meaningless.

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

To each ones own.
    U downplay the importance of having our team play through an actual play maker. We have the dude literally claim to b the head honcho leader of the squad of this sht squad, but the moment any of us calls him out for not leading us to victory, oh it's bc his teammates suck and not hit their shots. If u cant hold the leader accountable for us sucking y even bother talking.

Maybe when kpj scores 30 pts a game and we lose would the oh his teammates whiff excuse makes sense.

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

It really is to each his own though. This whole thing has boiled down to cliques and fan preference. If everyone was being honest this team is still looking for its star. Some thought it could be KPJ. Some Jalen. Some Sengun. None of those guys are moving the needle on their own. Hopefully this draft renders THAT GUY.

I mean YES this team does "suck and miss shots" they are the worst shooting team in the NBA! LOL you really dont think if these guys were middle of the pack as shooters this whole "we need a PG" BS would still be going on? The shots are there. The offense is creating them. The guys are making the right pass and the shooters are bricking. You are definitely taking things personal by the way you sling the "stans" comment around and have a death grip on the head honcho line and deflecting to now wanting a 22 year old to be a leader and hold him accountable as thus. I dont care if you respond or want a dialogue Im just calling out the irony of the selective application of accountability in respect to the obvious tank job.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

My stance has pretty much been kpj can't play pg cause he blows at it. Move him off that position bc his lack of ability hinders his teammates.

Kpj Folks claim he's the best player and he himself claims to b the leader/head honcho of the squad. "He's doing a great job at it, folks are just whiffing."

We are second to last and I point out that he's a big reason y, but instead of acknowledging that kpj ain't the man, nah it's cause everybody else whiffs and it not bc an offense built around him blows.

We can dance back and forth but the fact stand is Silas designated kpj to b the pg/leader of the squad and we are still dead last. Blaming it on his teammates when he isn't even able to carry is just stupid.

17 wins, if only we just shoot better. What astute analysis. Might as well said we winning the championship if we just shoot better.

Attempting to create an offense around a dude learning how to play pg with a bunch of youngster and an incompetent coach is already a recipe for failure, but nah it's just cause his teammates cant hit their shots.