1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ: Can someone explain to me why he has become Clutchfans favorite whipping boy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DasouthDakota, Oct 25, 2022.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

KPJ stans are interesting. He's a good pg, he's doing a good job, he would get a b+. Yet we have threads and post from these same folks wanting to get rid of green to slide kpj back into his natural position of sg or draft an actual pg.

We are on cusp of being the shttiest team once more under the kpj pg experiment. Yet it's never kpj fault, it's everybody else. A man who claims to b the head honcho, leader of the squad yet somehow never responsible for his team's failing according to these stan.

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Team with KPJ = "shittiest team"
    Team without KPJ = "shittiest team"

"but at least its more fun to watch"

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

3. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

if you gotta be married to an ugly chick I'd prefer she do fun stuff instead of being a stick in the mud

4. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, team basketball is a lot more fun to watch than KPJ auditioning for the And1 league.

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Originally it was that without Satan Jr the team could actually win since he single handedly destroyed an chance the team has. Now its about the aesthetic value of the losses. Got it!

[​IMG]

6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Saying Jalen Green and Jabari are busts so early in their careers is immature, especially with a coaching staff that doesn’t put them in position to succeed. KPJ’s style of play and history of off-court issues and occasional selfishness on the basketball court is why folks are more critical of him than they should be. We have a number of players that could be really great or mediocre, but just like you did earlier this year and late last year you will back track on Jalen as he inevitably improves. I have been a proponent of KPJ, but have come to realize that he can be a good combo guard going forward. Anybody watching can say his decision making right now is too slow and often flawed. Hopefully he continues to get better in those aspects. Sengun is clearly the best decision maker on the team right now, but he is still 20 years old and his turnovers will probably still be high until he matures. He has only been getting appropriate minutes to improve for about 10 games.

kubli9 likes this.
  7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Got it! Losing doesnt suck as long as its fun to watch. Brilliant stuff! :D:D:D:D:D

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I've literally never called either of them "busts", but both of them look REALLY bad right now, even when compared to their draft classes. I know, I know, it has to be EVERYONE else's fault that they are performing terribly, there's no way we can expect ANYTHING from top 3 picks.....but funny how it hasn't effected Sengun....

9. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Anyone care to pull KPJ’s assist/turnover numbers from his VERY FISRT 9 games of playing PG? Just curious how that looks. Because that’ll be a fair apple to apple comparison.

But in any case, if Sengun’s numbers are already comparable to KPJ’s numbers with 2 years experience at PG, it speaks volume in itself.

clutchdabear likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's literally not something that has ever happened. Jalen has ALWAYS been prioritized. From day one he's had the highest usage and given the most shot attempts. He's allowed to do whatever he wants on the court, whenever he wants with absolutely no accountability whatsoever.

In fact, pushing Jalen so much is the exact reason why the team has been so bad the past 2 years. When you push your worst player as if they are your best player, you get REALLY bad results. There's a reason why the team does so well every time Jalen misses time. The team has never won more than 2 consecutive games with Jalen playing....but they won 7 consecutive games when he got hurt last year.....and just won another when he got hurt this year.

Sorry, I know some want to blame KPJ for everything, but it's Green they should be looking at.

And now that I point out that he's objectively the worst performing player on the team, we'll get excuses about how he's young so it's okay.....but Sengun is even younger and he's objectively the best performing player on the team, so that excuse falls flat.

11. studogg

It was a joke - much like your postings and poorly chosen username.

Movement and action get the team involved and promote growth. Look back on my posting history - I never said it would lead to more wins this year. It's still a young bad team. But getting rid of a ball stopper with a bad attitude and poor work ethic to promote the growth of other better players is in the teams best interest and makes the game more aesthetically pleasing.

12. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Y'all really think the Rockets aren't purposefully taking their time bringing back KPJ from this injury?

They are getting their look at the team without KPJ running the show, and I think they will rightfully determine the team is better going forward without him as "head honcho." Maybe he gets some opportunity the rest of this season but that will be it for KPJ.

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's quite funny double d been btching for years about how he Hates harden iso ball way and how he prefers team ball yet can't differentiate or see the difference between a kpj offense vs sengun offense hub

14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Man, you are just spinning your hate, so that later on you can be right no matter what you say. I doubt you haven’t called Jalen or Jabari busts, but if you haven’t explicitly called them busts, you have implied it a thousand times. At least, DD will defend his bad takes to the grave, and is genuine in his love for the Rockets. You are just trolling.

15. studogg

he's a contrarian - which is fine and somewhat needed in society. as long as they understand their role and don't die on every contrarian hill multiple times a day.

kubli9 likes this.
  16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Neither does white knighting a garbage player who nobody outside of us wanted. You're an absolute clown

17. King1

He's a troll. He does have DD t*** so at least his name holds up

clutchdabear likes this.
  18. King1

Bobby is just drunk all the time. I don't think he remembers what he posts half of the time

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, I'm just pointing out the truth when people like you misrepresent things. I have definitely pointed out how terrible both of them have been....because that's just objective fact, but there's still time for them to turn things around, especially Jabari.

Now well before the draft, I did say that I thought Jalen Green had the highest chance of becoming a bust due to his lack of skill and how he was a streaky but not good shooter....and yes, I said that if he didn't improve from where he was coming into the league that he could become another Corey Brewer.....but I never said that he was a bust.

Now that it's a year and a half into his career, I think the most likely outcome is that he'll be someone best suited to be a high energy chucker off the bench like a Lou Wiliams type. When he happens to be hot, he'll score a ton and give his team a boost, when he's not, the damage he does will be limited by his bench role. Is it still possible that he develops into a starter caliber player? Of course! That's why I won't call him a bust until that chance goes away entirely.

As to Jabari, I always saw him as sort of a taller Trevor Ariza, since the expectations were always so low, I don't think I'll ever call him a bust unless he never starts hitting his shots at a respectable pace.

Now, that's the truth....but feel free to keep pushing disinformation if that's all you are good for.

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I've said it before, DD really stands for doubling down no matter what and will resort to hypocritical arguments, double standards, and at times flat out deceit to try and argue his point.

AroundTheWorld and clutchdabear like this.