1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kostas Papa blog in Greece

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 29, 2014.

1. cyberx

cyberx Member

2. CCapps

CCapps Contributing Member

For the lazy..

I used google translate so it's not the best read but you can get the gist.

I didn't do the captions to the pictures.

Starting today and throughout the season will communicate through my blog here at NBA GREECE, which is home to the NBA in Greece. With the help of Nikos Papaioannou, who will carry my thoughts on the keyboard and then to all of you.

I am already almost two weeks in Houston and trying to prosamrosto the new realities of life and my career. Life in America is very different rates compared with those who have grown accustomed to Greece. The differences are large, even lifestyle, since to go somewhere to eat you need to know in advance which part will go. Another difference is that the center of the city of Houston is full of offices and businesses. So many people do not circulate, nor are there things to do. That's why people usually stays within half an hour from the center. Unlike Athens or Barcelona, where the center is bustling in Houston is quieter.

I am at the stage that I am looking for a house. I have not found anything yet. I'm still with the European standards in mind. I want to be close to the stadium, as now that my xenoocheio are two steps away from the Toyota Center. But because they will come to Houston and my family, I'm looking for a place that could, when I'm gone, to have something to do. Somewhere to go away. For a coffee or a walk.

This is the only pending issue that there will soon be solved. Why all the others have solved the Rockets. Firstly, the organization and the facilities are incredible. From day one embraced by all. Each of the sector looks to help. There is warmth and intimacy with everyone here. In terms of facilities. Such standards do not exist in Europe. I played the two biggest clubs in Europe, Olympiakos and Barcelona, but it seems the NBA is light years ahead.

Imagine that there is a machine that you throw the ball, like a cannon and can be trained by myself without having someone passes you the ball. I have my own code, go to golf whenever I want within 24 hours and make shots. Here is a totally different logic. I give everything and consider professional. Not chasing to train. Here the culture says: "It gives you everything. How do you want to proceed? As long as you want to help. If you do not want will not push, they will go to the next player. "

The first I met my partner was Trevor Ariza. Awesome guy took me out for dinner, along with two other teammates of mine, Isaiah Canaan and Troy Daniels. It was a very beautiful part of the run. Of course I said to Pat (Beverley), just saw the Greek and started telling me 'Come on, man hea ... oh. "I'm lucky to be playing with my old teammates from the Olympic, such as Pat, o Josh (Powell) and Joey (Dorsey). It will help me adapt faster.

I feel very good team, and we played a double, while I'm here. With most I am close to age and we have to say things. Enjoying life.

I had the opportunity to talk with the coach McHale. Moy explained that what he wants from me is to not become soft here in the NBA and playing the same game hard as I did in Europe. To start with defense and rebounding and defense, which was a problem for the Rockets last year. He asked me not to hesitate to make any free photo shoot, especially the corners. Do not think to shoot. He explained that a player who plays hard on defense, collect rebounds and has good rate on him, then in front of him during a long career in the NBA, because every team needs a guy like.

In these few days I'm in Houston, having had to go for three days in Canada for a work visa, I met many Greeks. They look at me, and in my agent, George Sfairopoulos who are here with me to arrange all the procedural contract, special love and warmth. Excited and wanting to help me. It's something I very much appreciate.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Hello and pleasure,

Starting today and throughout the season will communicate through my blog here at NBA GREECE, which is home to the NBA in Greece. With the help of Nikos Papaioannou, who will carry my thoughts on the keyboard and then to all of you.

I am already almost two weeks in Houston and trying to prosamrosto the new realities of life and my career. Life in America is very different rates compared with those who have grown accustomed to Greece. The differences are large, even lifestyle, since to go somewhere to eat you need to know in advance which part will go. Another difference is that the center of the city of Houston is full of offices and businesses. So many people do not circulate, nor are there things to do. That's why people usually stays within half an hour from the center. Unlike Athens or Barcelona, where the center is bustling in Houston is quieter.

I am at the stage that I am looking for a house. I have not found anything yet. I'm still with the European standards in mind. I want to be close to the stadium, as now that my xenoocheio are two steps away from the Toyota Center. But because they will come to Houston and my family, I'm looking for a place that could, when I'm gone, to have something to do. Somewhere to go away. For a coffee or a walk.

This is the only pending issue that there will soon be solved. Why all the others have solved the Rockets. Firstly, the organization and the facilities are incredible. From day one embraced by all. Each of the sector looks to help. There is warmth and intimacy with everyone here. In terms of facilities. Such standards do not exist in Europe. I played the two biggest clubs in Europe, Olympiakos and Barcelona, but it seems the NBA is light years ahead.

Imagine that there is a machine that you throw the ball, like a cannon and can be trained by myself without having someone passes you the ball. I have my own code, go to golf whenever I want within 24 hours and make shots. Here is a totally different logic. I give everything and consider professional. Not chasing to train. Here the culture says: "It gives you everything. How do you want to proceed? As long as you want to help. If you do not want will not push, they will go to the next player. "

The first I met my partner was Trevor Ariza. Awesome guy took me out for dinner, along with two other teammates of mine, Isaiah Canaan and Troy Daniels. It was a very beautiful part of the run. Of course I said to Pat (Beverley), just saw the Greek and started telling me 'Come on, man hea ... oh. "I'm lucky to be playing with my old teammates from the Olympic, such as Pat, o Josh (Powell) and Joey (Dorsey). It will help me adapt faster.

I feel very good team, and we played a double, while I'm here. With most I am close to age and we have to say things. Enjoying life.

I had the opportunity to talk with the coach McHale. Moy explained that what he wants from me is to not become soft here in the NBA and playing the same game hard as I did in Europe. To start with defense and rebounding and defense, which was a problem for the Rockets last year. He asked me not to hesitate to make any free photo shoot, especially the corners. Do not think to shoot. He explained that a player who plays hard on defense, collect rebounds and has good rate on him, then in front of him during a long career in the NBA, because every team needs a guy like.

In these few days I'm in Houston, having had to go for three days in Canada for a work visa, I met many Greeks. They look at me, and in my agent, George Sfairopoulos who are here with me to arrange all the procedural contract, special love and warmth. Excited and wanting to help me. It's something I very much appreciate.

Dimitri the Fetokakis, is one of them. He knows all Houston because it has famous restaurants Niko Niko and already we hang out and go to eat. One of these downtown Houston, making super freddo cappuccino and frappe. The other two shops specialize in the round.

Sunday also had the opportunity to get to know other great Greeks, who excel in America. He invited me to the annual Potluck, the Hellenic Professional Society of Texas, o vice association and CEO of CPW America, Sarantos Milios. Have been very enthusiastic Greeks of America and strive to help.

Shortly after, I went and saw my first game NFL, among Texans and Bills. And there we met a fellow who does a great career in television as sportkaster the largest American network, CBS. It Spiro Dedes. We met briefly at halftime and great man. They left and watched the match at the time they made the transmission and it was a lovely experience. We will meet him again at the start of the season, when I will be in Los Angeles for the premiere of the NBA against the Lakers,

I'll try to keep this communication as often as possible, and pulling pictures although I have already said that the pace of the season in the NBA, is relentless.

Be well and ypstirizete the Rockets!

Costas

4. bmd

bmd Member

I like quepapas.

5. bongman

bongman Member

Who says CP can't be replaced

1 person likes this.
  6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Welcome, Kostas. Very informative blog.

Your mature attitude will help you adjust quickly. Just work hard and be the best teammate you can be. Wishing you a quick adjustment and a long career with the Rockets. Just don't talk to Mark Cuban.

7. VivaChelseaFC

VivaChelseaFC Member

Oh no... Be well is back...

8. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Big Papa- welcome!

9. Exiled

Exiled Member

Sincere ,simple...remind me of Forest Gum :)

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It didn't take long for Niko Nikos to talk to him lol.

11. Remlap

Remlap Member

Translations are funny: (about McHale)" He asked me not to hesitate to make any free photo shoot, especially the corners. Do not think to shoot"

Always gotta take time for the free photo shoot. lol
    Especially on the corners.
    Which corners? Westheimer and Montrose maybe?

Ha. I hope he does well here. Welkom to Houston POP!

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

welp.

two weeks in, and dude knows what is up with Houston.