1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kongo vs Barry [UFC on Versus 4] Wild finish

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RAID, Jun 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Wow!
    No words to describe Kongo coming back in that one. :eek:

Brilliant end to the fight.

2. BP0803

BP0803 Member

I don't have VS so I didn't get to see them. I will have to find this fight on the internet somewhere because everyone is saying what a great comeback it was. I am wondering what happened with Nate Marquardt. Apparently Dana said he will never fight in the UFC again.

3. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Failed his medical examination... problem is, Pennsylvania has very strict guidelines on releasing private records, so it'll be up to Marquardt to tell the world what happened. Dana's prohibited from going in to detail, and he even mentioned that Nate needs to "step up like a man" and tell the fans why he's no longer with the UFC.

Most likely steroids... making Marquardt a 2nd-time offender.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I've been reading that the commission said he could have cleared up the issue by fight time (a matter of weeks after it was discovered). Makes me wonder what it could be. Really weird.

5. sew

sew Member

Apparently he was on hormone replacement therapy due to low testosterone levels, kinda like the Chael situation.

6. MourningWood

I read that he somehow contracted Hep B, and was too embarrassed to tell the UFC (he was apparently ignoring calls and acting very shady leading up to the fight), so Dana was pissed off that he would try to enter the Octagon with a virus that's actually transmitted through saliva and blood. He couldn't believe that he would blatantly jeopardize not only his well being but the well being of Rick Story, so he pulled the plug on him in a fit of fury.

7. MourningWood

But, others speculate that he simply refused to take a drug test prior to the fight... which would obviously point to PED use.

8. sew

sew Member

He just came out and said publicly that he was taking hormone treatment due to low testosterone levels.

9. MourningWood

Damn, do you think Dana will stand by his word? I could see him reinstating Nate next year...

10. sew

sew Member

Here's the vid of Nate explaining the situation.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UUBd_MObAvk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.