1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KOC - "Rockets really want Cade"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jul 13, 2021.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Isn't maturity a character trait. what's the difference between a character trait and a personality trait anyway? Maturity is what people use as a place holder when they can't describe someone's personality.

Mobley is very mature too.

Nook likes this.
  2. vator

vator Contributing Member

Are you predicting a big game by Cade? Sure, there are a few people who have written him off prematurely, but him exploding tonight wouldn't be a surprise to some of us. I honestly hope he shows up and they put on a show. It's not like we had an opportunity to draft him anyways even if we wanted to so we didn't miss out on anything. I'm more interested to see the progression of the guys we actually passed up on such as Mobley, Barnes, Suggs, and Kuminga.

He and Green have faced off before with massive hype around the games. They've played together on Team USA, They have been jockeying back and forth for the number 1 overall ranking along with Mobley for the past few years. He was the consensus number 1 pick in the draft by just about everybody for a reason. He isn't a scrub and I think he's too skilled to be a bust. Lots of people, including myself have said they still see star potential in his game, just not that transcendent superstar level player some of us were led to believe he could possibly be as a 6'8 guy that could float between 4 or 5 positions defensively while also playing point guard. Turns out that Scottie Barnes is actually more in that mold of player. Potentially being a D'Angelo Russell level offensive player with better rebounding and defense is still a hell of a player and a perennial all star.

saleem likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'm expecting kneejerks galore just like sunday. that's the point and I can't wait lol

4. vator

vator Contributing Member

Oh I see. Good or bad. You're just here for the show lol

YOLO likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Jalen Green could crash and burn tonight, but his confidence in himself gives me confidence he wants to take on the challenge and not disappoint. Cade obviously has confidence in his abilities but these statement do nothing for his fanbase. Also that's no fun at all.

6. CXbby

CXbby Member

They called him the next Luka. They had 6’3 Theo Maledon locking him up last game. Luka would’ve looked at Maledon like a snack.

7. Denovo

Denovo Member

Yea I’m not feeling that role player mentality.

Step up and be the franchise player they need.

OmegaSupreme and cmoak1982 like this.
  8. CXbby

CXbby Member

Cade is mature and says all the right things. Suggs does that too and actually got the game to back it up.

GotGame15 and DreamShook like this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Mobley is mature , no doubt. I'm just saying that maturity is a reflection of personality. Mobley seems more introverted. I'm emphasizing the word seems. There is nothing wrong in being introverted.

csnerd84 and DreamShook like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

that's a cop out, YOLO. Admit you want Cade to perform well against Green so you can rub it in people's faces, keep it funky. This is a very nebulous comment so you can you say the kneejerks can be toward Green or Cade having a good or bad game.

Nelly and Verbal Christ like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Seems to me like he was a fet scumbag.

Jontro likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

miss me with all this bs. It's going to go a ton of ways. if green has a bad game, you're going to see a meltdown. if green plays well, you're going to see he should have been the #1. If cade plays great, a bunch of posts in here that were knee jerked after sunday look flat out dumb. And yeah I'm here for it all. Folks who speak way too soon and set themselves up. if you're in that boat, then yeah you deserve it too. and once again I can't wait for this thread to blow up tonight

clutchdabear and jordnnnn like this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

ikr! seems to me the only thing he did right was his taste in thicc #tuckerincluded #tuckthebuckthatfukk #suggsattwo

HP3 likes this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm just saying you're in here waiting for Cade to go off more than here to calm people down if Green does poorly, especially the turn this thread has taken. If Cade goes off on Green, we all know the I-told-you-so's you're going to be hoisting.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'm in here waiting for the thread to blowout. Who gives af if Cade goes off. I don't need to wait to for that. This game will change nothing for me. If I told you so's are posted in here, it's well deserved bc that's part of knee jerks and part of reacting to a bunch of premature ridiculous posts. You don't like it? don't follow the thread then.

16. alethios

alethios Member

We have a unique opportunity to switch from LBS to Stones - e.g., Green weighs 12.8 Stones

BamBam likes this.
  17. CXbby

CXbby Member

Cade showed his entire career he was too slow to get by his defender.

After not being able to get by his defender in the first summer league game: “Stop overreacting to one game!”

If he plays well in his second summer league game (also one game last I checked): “I TOLD YOU SO, this one game proves you were wrong and overreacted to the last one game!”

fchowd0311 likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

That's the thing people don't understand about these reactions. A game that breaks the pattern is most likely an outlier. A game that confirms prior history is a confirmation. Cade had trouble creating separation with college kids. That's an issue.

That wasn't an issue for Trae Young in college so a bad summer league game struggling to go by defenders would be considered a concern but most likely an outlier.

For Cade it's a serious concern because it confirms prior history.

19. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

Cade Cunningham, near universal consensus #1 overall pick, going off in a Summer League game? Yeah, I don't that happening is going to have anyone scrambling to redefine their worldview.

1) most people are excited about Green and saying they are happy to have him
    2) some people think it's funny/ironic that Cade is smaller than advertised, when his height was supposedly one of his big positives

Personally, I'm on both of those corners right now. But I'm not seeing people say Cade is bust who won't have a successful career or be able to put up numbers in SL, so I don't know what the backtracking you are looking for is about.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya my take on Cade is that he looks like he'll be a good player contributing to a winning team in the future. Just don't see superstar potential in him.

Stephen_A likes this.