1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KOC - "Rockets really want Cade"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jul 13, 2021.

1. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

It's easy to rationalize a player having a personality after they win. It's also easy to forget all of those players that didn't win with a big personality.

It's likely an artifact if media coverage, not a leading indicator of winning.

saleem and DreamShook like this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

hardon had the best personality

@HP3 pls confirm

HP3 likes this.
  3. Rockets4Life13

This. I will never understand why the US don't use the metric system. There are no arguments if someone is 6'5 or 6'4. He's just 1,95 or 1,96 or 1,97 or whatever. It's actually really easy too.

GotGame15 and DreamShook like this.
  4. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

US just want to be different. We also use LBS when everyone else uses KG

5. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

O.P. probably should have been more specific, but I think he/she was talking about "GOOD" luck as opposed to just luck in general!
    But I do agree that Tilly buying the team was a "stroke of luck". (or would that be a "coronary"?)

DreamShook and Jontro like this.
  6. Rockets4Life13

Yea that too. I really don’t get it. Or the cups measurement... just use grams man, whenever i use an american recipe i have to google how to go from cups to an actual
    measurement, lol :D

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I feel like Detroit HAD to know about his height. He met with them, worked out with them, the had to have known even if they didn't measure him. They likely had guys around him whose height they did know and they could have always just measured him. Detroit out of all teams HAD to know he wasn't the point forward he was advertised to be and just a really big PG...which is fine.

Still though so far I'm happy, ecstatic really, that we weren't forced to take him or didn't trade up with them to get him. Yea, way too early, we all know this...but I just didn't see the bounce or explosiveness and saw too many times he got stonewalled by a defender trying to break them down.

I still think he'll probably be a star in the NBA but all that 'generational' talk, nah.

His passes were on point though I'd give him that. That means in the right system with the right players he could excel.

Nelly, vator, saleem and 2 others like this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

But you gotta admit, using commas vs decimal point is stupid :p

9. Rockets4Life13

This is the way we're taught :D I agree, the decimal point is superior, but that's about the only thing :cool:

10. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

There's even more similarities there and unfortunately it doesn't appear to bode well for Cade.
    His last year here CP3 looked absolutely washed and done for!
    But to his credit he "remade" himself and went vegan to regain some of his lost quickness and to stay healthier throughout the season.
    Props to him!

But Cade is ALREADY a vegan!
    Which is good in one way because it shows dedication to his craft, but it also means that he is close to his physical "peak" in quickness and speed.
    I mean he's only 19 so I have no doubt he can get stronger but I'm not sure there is that much he can do to significantly improve his quickness and explosion.
    He's ALREADY played his CP3 card!

Funny but Cade's wiki page still lists him at 6'8''. lol

vator likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

I can't wait to see how this thread explodes after tonight's game

Nook and vator like this.
  12. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

He will still be a good player, but I don't think he is a generational talent like what the media was trying to push. And no it's not because he is 2" shorter than advertised. Cade doesn't have the burst and deceleration like Harden and Doncic. Because of that, he will never be able to take a big off the dribble or blow by his defender. I still strongly believe his potential is perennial all-star, not generational super star. Cade is still young, but for now I am glad we got the 2nd pick instead of the 1st pick.

Nelly, vator and saleem like this.
  13. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

At least the US doesn’t use Stones. The UK still takes the “weird measurements” title.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I just want someone to give me a superstar, a generational talent, with no personality to counter my hypothesis. Derek Rose before he got injured? But because of his injury, he probably wont even get into the Hall of fame.

Cade (and Mobley now that I think about it) aren't big personalities IMO. of course in the future they may show something that I haven't seen currently though...

#1194 DreamShook, Aug 10, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

YOLO, when are you going to start rooting for the Rockets?

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yeah, that is some weird stuff.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Cade is mature and he speaks well. He exudes confidence.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

funny you ask, when I'm literally in another thread laughing at someone questioning the efficiency of green's game sunday

And my comment still stands. I really can't wait to see how this thread explodes, especially after a number of comments posted since sunday.

DreamShook likes this.
  19. CXbby

CXbby Member

Det press already making excuses before the game even started.

20. CXbby

CXbby Member

Beta b*tch mentality. They drafted you #1 to be their superstar.