1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KOC - "Rockets really want Cade"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jul 13, 2021.

1. vator

vator Contributing Member

Y’all are tripping with these comps. Clearly

Cade Cunningham : Lewis Lloyd (no drugs)
    Jalen Green: Sleepy Floyd (wide awake)
    Evan Mobley : Eddie Griffin (uhh)

ok ok.. let me try again

Cade Cunningham : Tracy Murray (lightskin shooter)
    Jalen Green: Moochie Norris (versatile hairstyles)
    Evan Mobley : (Two sandwiches, but skinnier. So like 1 sandwich)

#1081 vator, Jul 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    Vivi, pippendagimp, jbond77 and 3 others like this.
  2. DonatelloLimestone

Yep, well guess everye milwaukee fan is thanking their stars someone like you ain't in the decision making

bc whatever arza was dong, pj tucker was doign worse. Less stats, less 3s... but they went and still traded a first rounder for him and despite him scoring 0, still played him 40 minutes in the finals...and won a chip

and dudes lke you'd be like but he sucks won't make a dfference, no point, how easy is that not to see

and then also be like they lost 0-4 last year in the semi, giannis hasn't improved...how are they going to win now, why would we spend extra?

And chris paul himself mentioned the glue guys, as mentioned you have no idea of basketball outside a box score. You'd be a superstar on espn with these hot takes don't worry, theres a place for all this.

Lol, you are the ideal fan for a tilman fertitta thats for sure. A guy who roots for a budget. Owners laughing to the bank of the pee-ons who are defending him over their actual team. Dudes on the Rockets forum defending moves that only help Landrys. You do you man, every corporation needs people like you. Bro, can you imagine how much mcnair saved by trading hopkins? Man, love to see that guys savings!!! they weren't winning a ring, save save save!

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

He's the clear number one this year because he has few weaknesses and will project to be a good player at worst - higher floor than the rest and just as high of a ceiling....however he is NOT a generational talent like a Lebron. All #1 picks are not created equal - you got generational talents, potential franchise players, potential all stars, potential role players, etc. This draft doesn't have a generational guy. However Cade can be a franchise player - but so can a few guys in this draft. Cade just has the lowest risk to get there. I would say he is probably going to be better than Ayton and likely Edwards too. Generally the top 3 or 4 talent in this year's talent is better than last year's top pick.

hakeem94, Vivi, jch1911 and 1 other person like this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

Hold your ground Stone, if they want Green they can draft Green with their pick and stfu... Do not give them anything extra just because, they want to pass on Cade then do it...

juanming and jch1911 like this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

interesting use of "Waffling" when I would have used "Vacillate"

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Is this like when Broussard said Dwight was “waffling” on his decision? Lol. I guess I could see them trading out of 1 but hopefully not to us. We’re in a sweet position right now.

Vivi, D-rock and Ottomaton like this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

QUICK HAVE GREEN TWEET ANOTHER PICTURE OF HIM TONGUE F*CKING A LANDRYS CHICKEN STRIP

Do it Det, DO IT, yall can't miss out on this guy

10. TimDuncanDonaut

I thought waffling was something you do at breakfast.

D-rock and BigM like this.
  11. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

They worked out Green. Weird thing is Mobley didn’t work out with anyone other than Cavs. This means we are the only one they would want to trade with cause they want Green. Do we really want Cade? I was thinking Green and KPJ are a great backcourt and already friends.

D-rock, RasaqBoi and PatBev like this.
  12. PatBev

PatBev Member

Idk man, I just see a huge ego and not in a good way when looking at Cade

I think he’s going to cause problems within teams down the line

RasaqBoi likes this.
  13. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I agree. The last thing we need is a diva in Houston.

juanming and RasaqBoi like this.
  14. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Creating fake intrigue in the dead spot prior to a big event is Sportswriter 101. But i guess it works, because as a group seem to go back to the gameplan over and over.

Vivi, hakeem94, Deckard and 2 others like this.
  15. jbond77

jbond77 Contributing Member

I'm thinkin about going to the drafty tomorrow, unvax or vax seat available Barclays! God I hope detroit doesn't take Jalen - It's that Great Stab in the Back we've heard so much about! :) 41 bucks, might have to do a Hakeem the Dream Tshirt! #teamgreen Lets make some money guys! :)

D-rock, markus4040 and RasaqBoi like this.
  16. The geth & the reaper

Which is puzzling because he runs the risk of alienating Cade and his agent/representation. The relationship is already to a bad start. I wouldn’t be surprised if Cade holds it against the organization and asks for a trade once his rookie contract is up.

17. vator

vator Contributing Member

If Tilman had any say so in this matter, it would be more like chicken and waffling.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Probably already told Cade the plan. Media throws out tons of bs before the draft. Dude is locked in

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Cade was never the pick.

Vivi and BigM like this.
  20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's creative license. Waffles or pancakes?
    I like the definition of Waffling below. It fits Woj in this instance, as well as 90% of the rest of us.

Waffling (the British meaning) -
    speak or write, especially at great length, without saying anything important or useful.
    "he waffled on about everything that didn't matter"

Vacillating (Oxford dictionary) -
    alternate or waver between different opinions or actions; be indecisive.
    "I had for a time vacillated between teaching and journalism"