1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KOC - "Rockets really want Cade"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jul 13, 2021.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

He commands respect as a competitor. They can take care of his deficiencies (not the first team to think this).

They can't trade for him anyway, so it's moot.

2. Denovo

Denovo Member

Desperate? They literally just won a ring.

They wouldn’t be trying to add Russ to the equation if it wasn’t perceived as beneficial.

But yea I’m sure you know more about basketball than LeBron James himself…

Dobbizzle likes this.
  3. Denovo

Denovo Member

Yes they can. They would have to sign and trade Shroeder, and send Kuzma and THT and attach future picks.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No kiddo, they literally just finished 7th in the conference and got crushed in the first round.

James Harden was dumb enough to force the Rockets to trade for Westbrook because he thought he'd be beneficial.....how'd that work out?

Players are sometimes incredibly stupid when it comes to personnel moves, that's why you have a GM.

Harden destroyed a Rockets championship contender by having the same dumb thought you are pushing.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I guarantee you those dudes just randomly threw big names out there ("who should we go after?")

And yeah, a little desperate. LBJ has a lot of mileage on him and AD was hurt, too. They were ass in the playoffs.

6. Denovo

Denovo Member

They got crushed because AD was injured. They were up 2-1 before that.

Westbrook would be an obvious upgrade from Dennis Shroeder.

D-rock likes this.
  7. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Thats what’s great about Jalen Green… basketball IQ

He brings that elite competitor mindset with the self awareness enough to play off ball,
    not demand trades, play defense, not be passive aggressive, come clutch etc.

We are going to love him when he hits his stride.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not from what I've seen. Athleticism is his main attribute.

9. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

You would be correct if you substitute Tillman for Harden. Even Morey was against it until Tilly made the call. Harden was not in control of the finances nor did he have the ability to add help to the team. I can tell you are a Harden hater first and foremost, so reasoning about this is going to be mute.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Denovo

Denovo Member

I highly doubt they threw out random names. This is a championship team we’re talking about. Not Portland.

Beal, CP and Russ would all be logical additions. To take pressure off the aging LeBron.

Its not like they are aggressively pursuing John Wall.. that would be desperation.

D-rock likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I didn't like the Westbrook trade. CP3 is a better player in terms of contributing to winning.

But there are many gradients between "winning rings" and "terrible".

vator likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

His dad for sure seems to be leaning hard in that direction.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

It was amateurish and turned off a lot of players and their reps.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Russ was extremely good 1v1 defender in college - almost elite at it, but was exposed in NBA for inability to recognize rotations, switch or put effort off ball.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Def out of the box guy.

BamBam likes this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. DonatelloLimestone

thats why you have the gm? what if you don't listen to your gm?

"
    I was in Europe, and so I was six or seven hours ahead of them. So I’m talking at 2, 3, 4 in the morning. And we just decided to do it. They ran different statistics by me.

My basketball ops [operations] got maybe a little weak at the end, and I just said, ‘We’re doing this. We are going to make the change. We’re going to go after it and roll the dice. We’re going to find that 5 percent.’"

"
    Former Houston Rockets guard Chris Paul was on the Knuckleheads podcast with Darius Miles and Quentin Richardson and explained the impact of the Rockets losing Ariza.

“People don’t realize, that’s the biggest thing that we missed. That was tough when we lost [Ariza] because he sorta was like the glue. He was that glue for our team.”"

I guess unless you believe the owner is a boldface liar....or that chris paul is terribly stupid when it comes to winning....your numbers don't check out.

Go Rockets.t

D-rock likes this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Lines up with what @ch44 told us.

Deuce and D-rock like this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Detroit is not trading the pick, but keeps putting out leaks that the pick is gettable which has long gotten past the point of being annoying

1st time they’re relevant in over a decade, and they don’t know how to act…stop all the games already

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What would Chris Paul know about winning?