1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KOC - "Rockets really want Cade"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jul 13, 2021.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I know it's a joke but would anybody play for a team that deliberately slandered you and effectively reduced your pay just so they can be greedy with your talents? Definitely a Tilman thing to do but if outed he'd be forced to sell at least lol

D-rock likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I also embody the swag of my people.

Williamson likes this.
  4. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Cade didn’t meet with anyone except Detroit?

Hmmm sounds pretty cocky for a guy who hasn’t been drafted yet. Not sure I want that mindset on my team.

5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

literally every consensus #1 pick in the last few years has done this

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Cade professional interview already it seems like from his responses. Couldn't have responded to the questions any better imo.

Deuce likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If I'm as close as one could get, without being unanimous, the consensus #1 pick of a very deep draft, I would want my guy to be cocky. In fact, I think all 3 or perhaps 4 of the players most see as the head of this year's pool of talent should be cocky. If they were not, it would worry me if the fellow was selected by my team. My guess is that all three or four are.

9. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Say NO.

If I'm the Pistons I'm drafting Jalen Green. I'd trade Cade and 2 firsts for Green if I'm the rockets and Pistons take green at 1.

Let's just thank our lucky stars and hope other GMs don't figure out that Green is a future star before we're on the board.

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds like a message for Stone.

Dude should of gone the Steve Francis route and demanded his way to Houston.

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Maybe I'm missing something but I like Green and Mobley better despite the Cade hype... I think Cade has the most pressure and therefor biggest bust probability... As of now, do not want.... Don't like the attitude...

12. MystikArkitect

Am I the only one that thinks Mobley and Suggs are easier on the eyes than Cade is? I just dont see anything extraordinary out of him like I do with the others. Even Green has ridiculous potential as a scorer. But as a facilitator, Suggs is much more dynamic. Mobley is much more of a rare prospect. Green is a more prolific scorer.

Cade seems to do a lot of things well, but nothing extraordinarily well.

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

What attitude? That he believes he should be a number 1 pick?

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Right? It's not like he's a modern day Muhammad Ali: "I.....AM......THE GREATEST!"

ElPigto likes this.
  15. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

I was waiting for someone to mention this. Cade has solid starter written on his forehead. He doesn't have the potential to be a superstar like Green or Mobley IMO. Cade will prob end up like Kris Middleton who's a fantastic player but we should be looking for the next Giannis, Kobe, Durant etc. I'd rather swing for the fences with Green. You know deep down inside, Detroit's FO knows this as well. They can't pass up Cade no matter what, it has to bother them to an extent.

Salvy likes this.
  16. Salvy

Salvy Member

There is a difference between arrogance and confidence, there appears to be entitlement and he is not even on a team yet. Hey may be an all time great but I dislike his attitude at the moment. He is only looking at being the number 1 pick, its a great achievement. Good for him, he earned it. I still dislike his attitude.

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

Oh yeah, I see much more potential from Green than Cade..... Detroit is pretty much forced to take Cade, its a good bet for them. High success probability but Green and Mobley will most likely end up being better in the long run.

bleedroxred79 likes this.
  18. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Would Detroit be better off trading down to 2 then? Say for instance they could get the 23rd pick out of the deal? :cool:

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

the fan fiction on here is hilarious…people clearly didn’t pay attention to what has gone on in past drafts, and it shows with the takes on here

SC1211, D-rock and Deuce like this.
  20. Asian Sensation

Bo6, white_dragon and Salvy like this.