1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KOC - "Rockets really want Cade"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jul 13, 2021.

1. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

I call BS on ‘only meeting with Jalen Green virtually’. Do the scores of professional basketball employees with Detroit have better things to do this month than meet with & evaluate other top players?

I’m not trying to hype the “DET secretly wants Green” train, but that strikes me as incredibly lazy to not even kick the tires on other players.

Jalen, are you more of a Zoom guy or a Webex guy? We can carve out 15 minutes next week to speak.

2. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

If the later tweet is true then I don’t see Detroit trading the pick unless someone offers ungodly amount of assets.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

It does lol but I think it’s a belt or I at least hope so that’s a bad spot to keep a pistol IMO.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

FIFY. ;)

alethios likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Hey now!!!

D-rock likes this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

No doubt. Rockets representatives interview them, take height and weight
    measurements, vertical leap standing, running 15' take off.

Talk to coaches and staff, opposing coaches and staff, teammates, highschool, college
    and G-league.

saleem and raining threes like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

#689 D-rock, Jul 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    No Worries and mikenm268 like this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That's fine, I want them to see them dribble, shoot, take jump hooks, post up, go after their own missed shots, take multiple free throws, play 1-1, 2-2, 3-3 too. Make them sweat and breathe hard.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  11. saleem

Why should they trade at all, if Cade drops to 2 ? I have no doubt that Cade is the best player in the entire draft. The Rockets should select Cade over Mobley, or Suggs if he drops into their lap.

D-rock, RasaqBoi and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Not sure they commit to all that. Physical and Pro Workout type drills for sure

saleem likes this.
  13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Cunningham is widely considered the best player in this draft. Draft him #1 and squeeze Houston or whatever team wants him badly enough until their eyes pop out like Schwarzenegger’s when he got spit onto the surface of Mars at the end of “Total Recall”.

14. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Here is the nuance - I think Cade has the highest FLOOR of anyone in the draft but I think there are several guys who have a very similar potential ceiling - Green and Mobley being two of them. Translation? Cade will be the best player in year 1 but I’m not sure he’s necessarily the best player in year 3 or 4. That’s why Houston shouldn’t be overpaying with multiple lotto picks for him.

j@amc, D-rock, saleem and 1 other person like this.
  15. i3artow i3aller

And this is the same Chad Ford that used to retroactively edit his mock drafts to make himself appear smarter?

Deuce likes this.
  16. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I do not understand this logic though. It is not like either Houston or Detroit is a contender and they are fulfilling a specific need and therefore a guy may not fit. In reality they both want the best player available, and if they are saying Jalen is the guy with higher ceiling, then let them just draft him at #1. If we really could get a second lotto pick, I wouldn't package it to Detroit, I would prefer to keep 2nd and additional lotto.

bigreg, D-rock and saleem like this.
  17. saleem

Yes.

18. saleem

I hope Stone / TF won't go for that.

19. saleem

That's okay too. My point is if someone refuses to go through that, then it's better for him not to be selected by the Houston Rockets.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  20. saleem

That's clever on Detroit's part. There's no need for Houston to do that. Cheapo Tilman might agree to it, I'm afraid.