1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KOC - "Rockets really want Cade"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jul 13, 2021.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

We would have to give up a sh*t load to get Cade. I believe OKC will be all in and will trade multiple 1sts to trade places and I think Detroit will take it. I don’t want Cade enough to give up 2 and multiple picks for him.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Trade #2 and give up the Detroit pick for #1, draft Cade, give up Tate for #13, profit.

BallSoHarden, ROXTXIA and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Is he a rock? A bag of bricks? Can we Obi-Wan him ("this isn't the deal you're looking for")?

ElPigto likes this.
  5. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

doesn't bode well for our leverage if true

6. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

Cade should fake his death when the pistons go on the clock and then re-emerge 10 min later so rockets can pick him.

7. ROXTXIA

Those #23 and #24 picks would likely come into play with these scenarios, but I'm down with the ideas.

8. ROXTXIA

Well, if true, the Pistons would certainly know by now anyway.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I agree. I get it if we were talking about a transcendent talent at #1 but, from what I've read outside of CF, there's not a huge chasm between Cade and Green, Mobley, etc. Let someone else like OKC pay a king's ransom for Cade because we need to keep and use all of the picks we have. If it were as simple as the #2 and giving Detroit their 1st rounder back, sure, but I've always believed either 1. Detroit is going to need a lot more than that or 2. Detroit CAN get a lot more than that...especially if Cunningham decides at the last minute "Y'know...let me go work out for Houston, Cleveland, Toronto, OKC, etc..."

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Normally I'd want to hold on to them to help dump Wall, but if you land Cade, dumping Wall becomes less important because you could slot Cade in at the 3 spot and keep Wall around another year if need be. It's not ideal, but it would work.

ROXTXIA and fattz like this.
  11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Philadelphia could really use EG. They can have him. Detroit can cooperate in the trade so we can give them our #2 and they can also have their other draft pick back to execute further trades in the future. Joseph's expiring contract comes to the Rockets, Hill's to Philadelphia's. EG, despite his shitty shooting, it's still a damn good contributor, especially in the playoffs.

This also leaves the $8M TE in tact for Philadelphia to use in other trades, plus still gives them the ability to use the Taxpayer MLE, without hard-capping them. They don't have much cap space for forseeable future, might as well get a decent player out of it. I doubt George Hill's expirer will get them anyone more productive.

tradenba-snap-1625858688026.png

12. Xopher

Xopher Member

In other breaking news, water is wet.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Coach - "Fans really want Green"

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Breaking news, "NBA teams wants best players"

Little Bit and steddinotayto like this.
  15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Why would Detroit do this? If they would take #2 and their pick back for #1 it would probably have already been done.

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure we can throw more picks their way. I'm also trying to get rid of the EG contract. So there is room for improving this deal.

17. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

History agrees - see Griffin, Eddie

steddinotayto likes this.
  18. vator

vator Contributing Member

19. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

With stuff like this, you always have to ask who is putting it out and why (and whether it's true).

Detroit might be putting this out because they would be okay with someone else and are trying to drive up the price for someone to trade up. Stone might have called about #1 more innocuously rather than "aggressively."

The Rockets might also be putting out disinformation because they prefer Green and are trying to trick Detroit into drafting Cade.

Shark44, joshuaao, Amel and 6 others like this.
  20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Wait, is that a bad idea? If so, I have some phone calls to make.

steddinotayto likes this.