1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KOC: "I've been told Morey would offer Ben Simmons plus more"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Nov 17, 2020.

1. T for 3

T for 3 Member

The idea is that draft picks could lead to any number of positive outcomes and add future flexibility. Simmons doesn't move the needle for this franchise one bit, and isn't a cornerstone, "build around" piece in my opinion. Apparently Daryl Morey doesn't think so, either.

If Philly can muster up a package with Simmons, another good starter and 3 1st round picks, that is closer to the package I would be looking for, but still, I wouldn't do it.

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

For a rebuilding team, Ben Simmons may be the best asset a team could ask. Take the deal....

D-rock, danoman and AleksandarN like this.
  3. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

If Morey offered 4 1st rds for Butler, it only makes sense. Morey, if you're reading this... here it is lol

D-rock likes this.
  4. Caesar

Caesar Member

I'm hoping the best thing that comes of this is Tilman accidently opens the door for Ainge to see Nets offering all they have to put together an overwhelming EC favorite, and Morey offering all he has and it looks like were playing hardball so Ainge jumps in and Boston makes the best offer with Tatum package. That or Warriors jump in with the #2 and Klay.

5. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

He does strike me as an even lamer Trump.

D-rock likes this.
  6. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Ben Simmons is the antithesis of Morey. Inefficient, no jump shot and so can't stretch the floor, poor free throw shooter, etc.

If that is the key piece in a trade for Harden, then we are getting royally screwed.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  7. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Ben Simmons had a 602% TS last year. He had a 582% TS the year before. Not quite Harden level of efficiency (611%) but not far off either. Add in the fact that the guy is 24 years old, had a 2.5 to 1 assist to turnover ratio last year and is one of the best defenders in the entire league... I'd say that is the best piece obtained in any trade of a superstar the past decade.

D-rock, SWTsig, Denovo and 7 others like this.
  8. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Why wouldn't an owner want a young all-star to build around and market? Even if he doesn't care about winning, Simmons will at least generate interest and some amount of ticket sales that the Nets' players wont.

D-rock likes this.
  9. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

We won’t get better than Simmons + Thybulle + Picks. I’m down with creating a bidding war but he’s a top 20 player, 24 years old, locked up for like 4 or 5 more years. I would be more excited about that team’s future than where we were 2 months ago. Also, if Harden is leaving I want him in Philly - I want him and Morey to win it all finally. I know he screwed us but I can’t quit him.

AleksandarN, D-rock, Rashmon and 4 others like this.
  10. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

I want Simmons and Embiid if it happens damn it! If not both then Simmons, Tabios Harris, and picks. They would be getting Harden in his prime still, not Hakeem in his Toronto days. Right now I see only Philly as the only viable option if we trade Harden. Unless the Bucks want to trade Giannis for Harden

11. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Simmons Batum would be the small-ball twin towers!

snowconeman22 likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It frustrates me when people here say he's like Westbrook.

The only aspect he is similar to Westbrook is his shooting. Simmons is elite in every other aspect of the game especially the part that requires the brain. He's a far more heady fundamentally sound player who makes far better decisions.

13. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

T for 3 likes this.
  14. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I agree. No way I pull the trigger on a deal revolving around Simmons.

@banzai

banzai likes this.
  15. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I'm about to make an [Occupy Clutchfans] thread and request all Rockets fans join me in my boycott until Tilman is no longer owner. Anybody feel the same or would my thread just get thrashed:D

D-rock likes this.
  16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I'm right there with you.

if all he cares about is saving money, I can't root for his bottom line. if he's not interested in winning he can invest his money in a different business.

D-rock, charlieaustin and BigggReddd like this.
  17. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just think he doesnt want to get Morey'd

D-rock likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If that's the case, he's overthinking. Either keep Harden or get Simmons and picks. Simmons is at least something to look forward to in seeing his growth.

19. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Harden for Simmons
    Westbrook to the Hornets for their 3rd pick.

D-rock likes this.
  20. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Acquire Simmons - then he requests a trade

GradyMcTracy and HoustonCRT like this.