1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KOC: "I've been told Morey would offer Ben Simmons plus more"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Nov 17, 2020.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I knew Tilman was kinda stubborn and a cheap ass, but I had no idea he was this petty.

Eventually his money sense should win out and he'll take the Philly deal.

D-rock and sammy like this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Seriously, you guys from Houston should really cut everything in terms of money that goes towards the Rockets and other Tilman's business, just use your wallet to hurt Tilman's wallet.

pr0wler, D-rock, pugsly8422 and 8 others like this.
  3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

As do I but it’s hard to support a clown who doesn’t want to do what needs to be done to win. Or even rebuild the proper way. I seriously hope fans stop going to games and he takes a massive hit and is forced to sell.

D-rock, topfive, joshuaao and 4 others like this.
  4. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

I agree with you.. I'll still watch the Rockets but I doubt I'll be going to their games or buying any merchandise until either Tilman sells, or figures out the Rockets aren't a restaurant/hotel business.

5. ozrocketsfan

ozrocketsfan Member

Maybe Tilly is making a smoke screen in his refusal to trade to Morey, to generate artificial leverage... for Morey to up his price so much that it can't be turned down. We know Daryl isn't afraid to trade heaven and earth for stars

....ok I'm clutching at straws now

6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Of course he would offer Ben Simmons. Ben Simmons can’t shoot. No thanks.

7. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

TIlman isn't a mastermind like that. He's just a petty, penny-pinching, loser.

pr0wler and persian hoopa like this.
  8. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

If you want Morey to pay then ask for the kitchen sink. You don’t accept a crap offer just out of spite. F-cking clown.

D-rock likes this.
  9. finsraider

finsraider Member

Of course he would. That was never in doubt, and any reports to the contrary we’re ridiculous.

here is my question: Stone and Morey obviously worked together for a long time. They put together a detailed analysis of every player in the NBA. What kind of value did they put on Ben Simmons?

They both know what the other guy is thinking. Nobody is going to pull one on the other. Is Ben just a shiny toy, or is he a foundational piece? If the former, Houston might be looking for a 3rd team to flip him to for more picks and prospects.

D-rock, joshuaao and Richie_Rich like this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Lol I was told they’re not that close and it means nothing. Oh wait

Reeko likes this.
  11. riko

riko Member

Hopefully but with Tillman expect the worst and pray for the best

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm starting to worry this is his long con to move the team to Las Vegas and then sell the team for a profit.

13. Asian Sensation

Why isn’t Cleveland jumping in the Harden sweepstakes? They have the expiring contracts and assets we want.

Drummond and Dante Exum (both expiring), #5 pick in this draft. 2021 First round pick, 2022 First Round pick. 2023 First round pick.

Why Giblert and the Cavs should do this? Kevin Love is under contract for the same length as Harden. Nobody is going to trade for Love and he doesn’t fit their rebuild/youth movement. Why not go a different direction as opposed to rebuilding and pair Harden with Love and try to make the franchise relevant for the next few years. Plus they’ll have cap room to sign some guys.

Win for us, win for Cleveland, loss for Harden, Morey, Nets.

14. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

No thanks??? What better player can the Rockets get that is better than Ben Simmons?

15. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Bring De'Aaron Fox home!

Houston Out: Harden, House, Gordon and Tucker

Houston In:
    Richardson ,Barnes, Fox, Hield
    2021/2023/2025 1st Rounders (PHI)
    2024/2026 Pick Swaps (PHI)
    2021/2023/2025 1st Rounders (SAC)
    2024/2026 Pick Swaps (SAC)
    Rockets rebuild with picks. Can trade Barnes and Hield for additional picks. Main piece would be Fox, who is young and a capable PG for a championship team.

PHI Out: Simmons, Richardson, Harris, 2021/2023/2025 1st Rounders (PHI),2024/2026 Pick Swaps (PHI)
    PHI In: Harden, House, Joseph
    Philly teams up Harden with Embid. Harden alone can have PHI competing in the East.

SAC Out: Fox, Barnes, Joseph, Hield, 2021/2023/2025 1st Rounders (SAC) and 2024/2026 Pick Swaps (SAC)
    SAC In: Simmons, Gordon, Harris and Tucker
    Sac retools with Simmons and capable vets to make a playoff push. They still keep Bagley.

Why not? likes this.
  16. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Maybe not a single better player, but a better package, with more picks from a different team.

17. rockets13champs

We could legit get Anthony Edwards and Ben Simmons here. That’s a huge kickstart to a rebuild. Silas would definitely get the most out of them

everyone pray our good friend Rosas takes Lamelo so Hornets trade the 3 pick to us

18. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Picks? What kind of picks would you get that would equal Simmon's talent?? You do realize how hard it is to get a player like Simmons

Why not?, everyday eddie and BamBam like this.
  19. malakas

malakas Member

You all are acting like Simmons is Lebron James
    Or Harden is some run of the mill roleplayer.

Hello..he is a perrenial MVP.

You think only Philly and the Nets are interested? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    He has top 5 trade value ffs.

As for Simmons he will be asking to be traded to the Lakers in at most 2 years.

So many years Morey has been here and you still haven't learnt?
    If you trade with Morey there is over 90% chance that YOU will find yourself in the losing end.

So regardless of personal feelings , the Rockets will do well to immediately block Morey's number.

Morey will get rid of Simmons asap before his value tanks, because Simmons will be asking for a trade very soon.

GradyMcTracy and mikol13 like this.
  20. opticon

opticon Member

Hopefully, if Tillman plays it right he can hopefully pit the sixers and nets against each other and get a better offer. Let's just pretend Simmons could shoot, he still has a bad injury history. The Nets have better young prospects. I think a trade with the Nets gets us a team that is more fun to watch in the short term. I have no desire to see Ben Simmons in a suit the whole season.